The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-03-2005, 07:57 AM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

Larry your post is basically a commercial for a site that is very critical of our current administration. Our president is commander in chief of our armed forces. I do not see how it is of a benefit to troops or others to be overtly critical of our commander in chief. The candy wrapper they apply to the politics does a poor job of covering their true motives as evidenced by their campaign across America at college campus's.

The fact that they use the broken and confused minds of returning injured soldiers to push their agenda sends it over the top. I know of a few other people I respect greatly that support that site as well but I for one will not. I also know that probably a few of them will regret their support over time. Kinda like Kerry now regrets supporting Jane Fonda and the communist agenda during the Vietnam War. In case you don't believe he regrets that maybe some out their think he did not really want to be president.

You can call it censorship or whatever else you like but the bottom line is this: IT IS NOT RIGHT TO USE INJURED SOLDIERS WHO HAVE NOT EVEN GOT THEIR OWN HEADS IN ORDER YET TO SWAY PEOPLE AGAINST OUR GOVERNMENT.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2005, 08:14 AM
Administrator

Distinctions

Here is a flyer that they have published. Note the reference to poorly planned policies. This is a recurrent theme throughout their site and the spin is in just about everything they publish.

It is amazing to me that the naysayers still have wind in their sails after such a tremendous voting turnout and the birth of a new democracy. Then again it is not surprising when you consider the amount of money to be made by simply calling everything around yourself bad and then inviting others with no real direction to follow your lead.
Old 02-03-2005, 08:20 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Larry
I have to agree with David on this one. You could surf the net for days on end and come up with many different opinions....and guess what....All they are is opinions, and we all know what opinions are like.
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 02-03-2005, 08:27 AM
Administrator

Distinctions

The flyer is mild compared to the videos and stories they post. They go from using Jesse Venture to assert that no one in the government has any experience in combat or leadership to using amputees to dispute the reasons we went to Iraq. I find it revolting.

They have a grand money making machine set up and get airtime on all of the networks (no surprise there) so regardless of my opinions about their motives they will no doubt continue to thrive but they will not do so at patriotfiles expense or with patriotfiles bandwidth.
Old 02-03-2005, 11:46 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

The VVAW, Vietnam Veterans Against the War, was filled with tons of wannabee's and liars who made it their point to lie about their experiences in Vietnam. When I returned from Vietnam I was against the war but only in the context that the politicians would not let us win so lets get out. Well times have changed and we are winning the war against terrorism and have freed the Iraqi people from one of the most tyrannical governments in world history. The only politicians who are trying to sabatoge this war are the ones that would take this group seriously and feel they speak for majority of the Vets of this war.....and we all know who they are. I see and talk with Vets of this war on a DAILY bases. None feel the way these guys do. Bet most of them are Reservist......anyone wanna bet on that?

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 02-03-2005, 01:11 PM

Larry, thanks. Its easy enough to find the site using Google. I did. You know, I hear a lot of the same stuff here at Hood, and in my own house from my husband whose head is very much together, as he prepares for a 3rd tour in Iraq. He's been active 21 years by the way Paco.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ormud.jpg (98.0 KB, 66 views)
Old 02-03-2005, 06:53 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Vets Wife,

MOST was the optimimum word. Didn't say ALL, and also was talking about the web site. He's been active for 21 years on that web site? Didn't know the war has been going on that long.

I work with active duty Marines and Sailors every day who have made from one to three tours themselves. One of my patients was an active duty Marine who had just lost her ad Marine brother in Iraq. She does not agree with what is being said on that site and the vast MAJORITY, not every single person, of the service men and women I have come in contact with since day one of this war and the war in Afghan, voice a much different opinion that what we get from the media and sites like that, and they were there also. Your husband and every other veteran of this war have every right on earth to like it, hate it, speak out for it, or speak out against it. They've earned it. I'm not against free speech but have also earned the right to opine about a web site I disagree with and feel is detramental to people like your husband who are fighting. Sites like it give aid and comfort to the people that would like to kill him.

Packo

Old 02-03-2005, 08:10 PM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Paco...could not have said it better, keep up the fire brother!

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 02-04-2005, 02:22 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

OK, I understand your positions. I have talked to maybe 10 returning troops from Iraq at the VAMC and maybe 15 at North Little Rock. The sense I get about this war is not a good one. Many posts on here are always positive. You know how I feel about it. I could say a lot more, but will just let it go. David, thanks for your input, but we will just agree to disagree. My view is if you cannot listen to those who have risked their lives, who can you listen to ? You keep stating they are injured. PTSD ? Andy, I agree there are similarities in all wars, but also vast differences. WWII stands alone. Iraq is essentailly a civil war due to a cobbled together country thanks to the UK. When we are out of the picture the Shiites and Kurds will have all the oil and the Sunnis will be left with nothing. The fighting will continue for many, many years. I listen to all views and make up my mind. Comparing their site to Jane Fonda and John Kerry and all is bullshit. I will just leave the subject there. 'Nuf Sed.

P.S. : Paco, So Reservists are not as good as regular soldiers ? what kind of crap is that. They are doing the fighting and dying too...just did not understand your last remark.

P.P.S :

No one seemed to answer any of the questions posed under is this biased ?

No answers necessary..Just let the subject drop.

Larry
Old 02-04-2005, 08:42 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Larry,

No, you don't understand my last remark. There is no where in my post where I say Rerservist are not as good as regular soldiers. I would never say that. Please stop reading things into posts that are not there. Not understanding what I said makes sense, then adding "so reservist are not as good as regualr soldiers...." must be in your head not mine. I have heard MORE complaints out of reserves than RA's. Reason, RA's know they go fight wars, reservists have, especially since Vietnam, feel that they go to meetings and 2 week camps and that's it. They GRIPE more because they feel especially cheated by having to leave their homes and day jobs. Well, it's a new world out here with no draft and the reality is that reserves go. Now, would I want a reserve Infantry unit on my right flank or a RA Infantry unit protecting my right.....give me the RA's any day. Better trained and better equiped. Most of the complaining about armoured trucks and Hummers have come from reserve units. Didn't hear any whinning from the Rangers in Somalia that their Hummers weren't armoured when they drove into Mogadishu. No jeeps or fuel trucks, or supply trucks in WWII, Korea, Vietnam,etc were armoured. APC'S were armoured in Vietnam. Did many stand up to an RPG? So, my point was that it seems MOST of the beefs are from reservists and not the RA's. Hope I've made myself clear. It's a bit insulting to me to hear people infer that I think badly of ANY combat vets be they reservists, ng's, ra's, what ever. I've dedicated well over 20 years working with Vets and active duty DAILY while having to also deal with my own shit left over from that war. Not putting anybody down, but not many can say the same.

Packo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bp74763.jpg (12.0 KB, 14 views)