Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-29-2005, 11:55 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Re: Trav

Quote:
Originally posted by Gimpy I hear ya loud & clear my brother.

And, you're right (as is Arrow), there have been very, very few adminsitrations from EITHER side of the 'aisle' that have supported veterans the way they should have.
Therein, resides THE "History Lesson."

Surely do wish you'd hear me as "loud and clear", and think of me, too, as your brother.

Which, I am and will always be.

It ain't nuthin'...
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2005, 02:22 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Gimpy & Trav...

Unfortunately regarding The VA, I think you're both right.
Well,...at least in some aspects.

Catman stated it best and more historically realistic with: "Name me one administration that ever kept its promises to Veterans"? Also, Gimpy's relaying that so many Veterans Organizations are displeased with The VA cannot be denied,...although such displeasures over typical SNAFU's and horror stories regarding VA have actually been quite common over the years.

Plus, VA having become one of the largest beaurocracies (if not the largest in America?), certainly hasn't helped. Such automatically makes for: "Too many Chiefs and not enough Indians",...which only politicians, lawyers and/or basically non-functional word-mincers can appreciate. In that context, Veterans problems become secondary to paperwork and/or legal procedures,...even though serious and at times quite deadly to waste such time beaurocratically.

Regardless, Gimpy as most Democrats in general blaming all ailing The VA on President Bush, Administration and Republicans in general,...such is totally absurd (politically motivated also). In this shortest period of time increases in VA Funding have been THE HIGHEST IN HISTORY,...and ironically during a time with the least amount of casualties suffered, whether in WWII, Korea and Vietnam to date.

Also Gimpy, you would have people believe that during about a-half-century of Democrat Control and with Democrat Appointees calling-the-shots at The VA, all DAV's were treated better, more generously, and everything for The Disabled Veteran was just fine and: "Hunky-dory".

That's just not so, never was so, and never will be so,...and especially as long as long as Democrats keep using VA as a: "Political Football",...as done with most everything else.

Neil

Old 11-30-2005, 09:25 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Neil

You should truly consider seeking professional help for your apparent diminished capacity of comprehension.

I have NEVER 'claimed' the Democrats have ALWAYS done a better job in the 'past half-century' regarding VA funding now have I?

What I HAVE said...........is that ever since the Repubs got 'control' of Congress in 1994 and the Whitehouse in 2000 through 2005 that the DEMOCRATS have offered up a more 'thorough" and 'complete' funding proposal(s) than have the Repubs!

And, it has been the Repubs during that time who have consistently voted to DENY these funding increases offered by the Demos (so says the Congressional Record!) and have subsequently caused the the effectiveness and overall functions and services provided by the VA for veterans to deteriorate and suffer during this time!

And, this conclusion is fully supported by ALL the Military Service Organizations as well..................

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.