The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-23-2022, 09:35 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Exclamation Granted

2-23-2022

“Granted” - The military does a great deal to see to the welfare of their members, but I still get more than a little bit disturbed when I ponder back some seventy-six years ago, not too long after the ending of “World War Two”, and the memory of a young veteran wheeling himself along (on a dolly) down the streets of my home town in the eastern portion of “The United States!”

This young gentleman had no legs - they had been blown-off in combat, but he was still cleanly dressed and obviously proud! “Some things never seem to change, now do they?!”

And yet, and even after all of these years, I still find it more than a bit disturbing when I see, as I just did just this morning, young men on the tube still having to advertise for help for injuries, disabilities and infirmities, that they received in defense of this (Our Country) – why is that, do you suppose?

It seems to me that these war-heroes should be receiving far more help from “Our Own Government” than they are now getting, or could it be that “Our Country” feels that these young people have outlived their usefulness – “Not So Says I”

“For these are “American Kids” that we are talking about here”, and they gave their all for “God & Country” And as such, do we owe them any less in return for their dedication and patriotism? And if their getting blown apart “for you and yours” does not affect you (at least even a little bit), then maybe you had better check to see if you still have a pulse?

Now I know that this sort of thing has been going on for at least two hundred and forty-six years here within our nation, but isn’t it about time that our callousness stops?” These are “America’s Finest”, and they did not ask to be severely and permanently injured and deformed, but then, these are not toy soldiers either!! They are our kids, our future, and the first defense for

“Our Beloved Homeland”, and by ‘God’ man - “They Are Deserving Of The Best That We Can Give Back To Them In Return!!”

“And So It Is!!”

Hardcore