The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-21-2008, 05:19 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Sounds like somebody's got their down-under underoos wadded too tightly in the wrong spot. Chill out, unless your intention is to alienate yet another one.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2008, 06:03 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 
Cool

One Ron was enough and if need be, I can and will handle any other that steps up to the plate. Cool it. You are among friends and there ain't no need for "Friendly fire." I understand the meaning of "frag."
We're in Iraq and the Middle East to give the people of those lands the same freedoms and liberties that we here in America and those "Down Under" enjoy and as long as they wear a uniform I'm going up to them and shake their hands in deep appreciation of the sacrifices that they willingly offer for you and I.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:21 AM

DD - I think we all have to realize that "war" is inevitable. It's man's biggest impulse to go to war. Moreso when we are young. Once in a war your awareness of the issues and all the carneige - puts things into perspective. Gunner and You should know this and to take it out on each other - well let's say doesn't speak well for either of you. All men are brothers - yet we've killed many of our brother's during each war.

Your past speaks for itself. Nobody likes war - yet wars will be fought for many reasons of which we can't control. Threat's by countries and genocide of people is enough to lock and load. We fight wars to keep them from coming to our home countries. Yet the real impact of war leaves such deep divisions and scars that once you've been there and see it - you can't really imagine the horror of it.

Each generation of young who signs up in the service always waits for his or her day to be in a war. Why is that? Pro War or Not it will happen and nothing you or I can do about it. Like we've all said it depends much on the leadership of each country to try and I mean try to prevent such things from coming about. DD and Gunner you know there are some real evil people in this world who would harm to us if we didn't stand up.

Inconclusion your both right and both wrong and yet there isn't much we can do about the upcoming conflicts we've yet to raise arms against. We can only hope that if does we are not on the front end of it. We don't normally like to start wars but we can sure all get into them.

Fighting amongest ourselves and calling each other names is how it starts. We all admire our counterparts and respect each others values to do otherwise would begin a conflict of which you both don't want or need. Peace Brother's - while it last.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"

Last edited by Boats; 01-21-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:57 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking I guess its that time again.

Let's all gather around the campfire, hold hands and sing 'cum ba ya'. Then we can gather around and give each other a warm fuzzy (gentle hug).

Keith
Old 01-21-2008, 07:50 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Liberals

if liberals really hated America, we'd vote Republican
Old 01-21-2008, 09:41 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

One of the losses the American Revolution caused to the British was they had to look for another place to send their convicts. They decided on Australia. I am not so sure that being descended from convicts is a bad thing, especially if they are coming from a corrupt society. It may be the reason the "Colonies" are more risk taking than the mother country. I think the fact we are descended from people who would steal bread rather than starve is a good thing. As for war, I have always been of the opinion that those that love it the most should get them most of it.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:04 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner Carvo View Post
Like the "Devil Dogs" and the insurgents? That's when we drop the Tomahawks and 5" rounds on their heads with a side of F/A-18 Hornet droppings. They may be bullet-sponges, but they're OUR bullet-sponges. Only US Sailors get to slap our Marines around.
Nah, it's like they say they are kicking your dog because it bit a kid. There's the dilemma, do you kick the dog, them or look around for a bit kid?
Old 01-21-2008, 12:46 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default "People in Glass Houses..."

Friends,
Not my style to get into sophomoric tit-for-tat sillynesses and/or whom better than whom nonsenses, until read & re-read exlrrp's: "If liberals (re. Democrats/Leftists) really hated America, we'd vote Republican"...AND Gunner Carvo's similar music to enemy ears of; "I just hope we don't end up with another dumb ass in office (re. The Wartime Commander-In-Chief). Such things automatically get my hackles up.

Another Clinton or Obama in office? That's a whole different story. Would produce tears.

Regardless, and my new mate DeadlyD apparently able handling himself quite well against any slurs and not needing any assistance from the likes of me aside, I still felt that had to step in and give my 2 cents on an obvious foolishness.

After all, and the way I usually see things, it just not right (sensible either) for Fellow Americans (Serving or Veteran) to spout words that ONLY QUITE DIFFERENTLY UNITED in both Effort & Resolve at Destroying US ENEMIES and also Political Left,...find encouraging, helpful, and no doubt just love hearing.

In essense and especially during wartime,...just watch what-the-hell you say.
Fanatical Islam are already encouraged & helped greatly by many others worldwide.
Such low-life scum Defenseless Civilian Killers don't need any further help from naive Americans,...ALSO.

Besides, anyone else remember that: "United We Stand - Divided We Fall" thingy?
"You can bet your sweet a--" that Killer Islam WELL remembers that historically proved fact.

Neil
Old 01-21-2008, 03:59 PM

Default Obama

Sorry for the high winds and rough seas... as a dinghy should not be in the open seas of a storm

Here in Australia we hear a little about your
Barack Hussein Obama
bah-ROCK + hoo-SAIN + o-BAH-mah

Q: 1 Does he have a secret agenda with his allegiance to his faith, (Christian or Muslim)

Q: 2 Does this guy born Kenyan/American have any hope at all of getting in the white house and would you be worried

Q; 3 How would the Senate re-act if Obama came out and declared that he is of Muslim Faith or the Senate found out that he is…

Q: 4 If an Impeachment did come about with Obama, how do you think the Muslims of the Worlds would react

I don’t understand your politics… Because the way I read and see it, ONLY the Fanatical Muslims would want to bring down America and this would escalate their reasons???
Correct me if I’m wrong… I can handle that but I would like to read your views if all came to fruition…

Cheers from
DOWN_UNDER
Old 01-21-2008, 05:05 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

1 Nah
2 Yes he has a chance and no I wouldn't think it was the end of the world. It would just be the beginning of some more mediocrity.
3 They would think it a wonderful time show how unbiased they are while cursing loudly in private
4 Inpeachment is a trial for a very limited number of charges and being a Muslim is not one of them.

If he came out as a Muslim it would end his political career but for lying, not being one.