The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-02-2002, 08:19 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Meeting again , after moments or lifetimes is certain for those who are friends - or brothers. Hope you gave him a hug. Wish I was with you !
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2002, 09:06 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Default me too

think there is going to be a tear or two in more than one persons eyes, would love to be there to see the tears and the smiles hug each other once for yourself and one more time for me and the LT. Thanks Chris for taking the time to let us know how things are going. sis
Old 11-02-2002, 09:16 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default I would like to suggest...

...That sometime in 2003, with National advertising, that a Nationwide convention of Vietnam veterans be scheduled for the state of Kanas, right in the middle of the Nation, and have "FREE" airfare, trainfare, busfare, etc, TO, and FROM the convention from anywhere in the 50 states, open to any, and all veterans, service groups etc...
...CALL IT WHAT EVER YOU WANT, BUT MAKE SURE THAT NO ONE IS EXCLUDED FOR TRANSPORTATION REASONS...

...It would be a National treasure for all to get together for a week, and be able, with the proper planning, and "first up registration" to try to know where everyone's outfit's were planning to "camp", ...

...shit, they put 500,000 people on a farm here in New York in 69 called "Woodstock", I believe most of you remember it well, so You'd think that getting sponsership from some "Major player" out there in "Corp" world someplace might be willing to do it...

...To Me to see Vietnam Veterans of every sort finding their way to a convention like I suggested would be a miracle for those that attend, such bonding, and healing....

..worth some thought

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 11-02-2002, 09:32 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

Not a bad Idea curtis thirty year annaversery from the pull out , No its a damn good idea how about it guys I don't know about all of you but I for one would not take a free ride but maybe a healty discount i could live with. And now for part 2 of the fred saga.Today Doc Fred, Keith, Griz and his beautiful munchkin Kati, My wife Joan and I had a wonderful lunch on the waterfront thanks to your tax dollars and Griz's generiousity. we had a fight for who would pay the bill but Griz was the only one who fell for that one and wound up paying for us all, Just joking folks Griz is a real gentleman and insisted on picking up the tab thank bro. After leaving griz and keith Doc Fred, Joan and I went down to my property where Fred got to see the Wild Elk herd. and on opening day of Elk season no-less and us without a gun, but the were beautiful to look at anyway. After that we headed to bremerton where Doc Fred had a run in with a real ferry. Ha keith and Griz will get this part but I'll explain to the rest of you. We have an extencive ferry system in washington state because of all the water ways anyway we saved 70 miles of driving by taking the ferry from Bremerton to Seattle. and as we approched seattle it was dark and the skyline was gorgious. a long day but one I wouldn't trade for a diamond mine. Tommorrow Doc Fred gets to explore seattle on his own taking in REI which he says is a camper and back packers Mecca. also its going to be a toss up on what Shirly and he will do after her siminars the Bolshoy Ballet is in town But so are the Sonics and the Seahawks> It will be very interesting to find out what they chose when I pick them up next friday morning for our next get togeather. oh by the way the first part of the week they will be touring our neighbors to the North where the money goes fearther. I'll comment more later when I know more your vertual tour guide chris
Old 11-02-2002, 10:04 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up Also, had a great time.

Fred is a fine Southern Gentleman. Kind and generous. Griz had us eating fresh uncooked oysters, and squid. We'll never be the same after that diet. Katy still thinks she is cuter than me. I had my feelings hurt, but I will get over it. Chris and Joan are just wonderful and kind people, inspite of what Chris does with a fly rod, which is sin but not the unforgivable one. Someday I'll train Chris in the fine art of throwing a fly line. It was a wonderful day. I now owe Griz a steak dinner in Ellensburg. Everyone I have met in person from this site have been just the greatest guys you'd ever want to meet. I am worried about meeting the super Red-Neck Packo and the Psycho Vets. But, Fred says they really are a great bunch. A wonderful day spent with wonder friends.

Keith
Old 11-02-2002, 10:53 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Default Thanks guys

I was waiting up to hear from you all. I knew Chris would come through. Uncooked oysters and squid? I don't think so. But other than that I am jealous and pouting. Only a little though. It makes me happy to hear some of the best people I know in the world got to sit down face to face today.

I can say the same Keith everyone I have meant has lifted my heart and my spirit in some way. About those boys from Hot' Lanta and Alabama they don't worry me at all. They understand Southern Fried Chicken, Southern Fried Steak, Biscuts with Gravy, Beans and corn bread, Fresh Brewed Sweet Ice Tea, now that people is food.

Arrow>>>>>>

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 11-03-2002, 10:09 AM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 
Default Yes,but..

That "Fine Southern Gentleman" did not hesitate one iota to allow a few of those wonderful Jorsted Creek crustations to slide,and he never balked when I passed him the Calamari.A great luncheon with GREATER people.Fred brought Kati a little bear from Tennessee and she has yet to release her grip on it.You can just tell when a child has something in their possession that is very special to them.She said"Her name is Emma,Daddy.You wanna know why?Cause Doc Fred`s daughter is named Emma,too."Hope to see Fred again when he and Shirley return from Canada-Need to get him over here on the Olympic Peninsula for a day.We can eat more raw oysters.

Peace,Griz
Old 11-03-2002, 10:49 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Wink Oysters and Alligator Meat

same/same to me. My children are constantly trying to get me to try alligator meat. Yucko Bucko no way! Pass the Southern Fried Chicken, mashed 'taters and white gravy with lots of pepper. You got to get Fred over to the Peninsula. I "ain't" never been to heaven but I've been to the Olympic Peninsula. God's country for sure.

Arrow>>>>>>

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."