The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-24-2009, 12:49 PM

I agree with Gimpy, no additional benefits for POWs based solely on the fact that they were POWs. There are already laws on the books to compensate them for any and all residual disabilities from their time in enemy hands. There are a lot of us here on this forum that were outnumbered and chose to fight rather than surrender, and got our butts whipped for it. I don't mean to deminish the service of those held captive by our enemies, but how would you distinguish between those that gave their all and then became POWs in spite of all their efforts, and those that became POWs because they chose surrender over standing their ground? And how do you determine who colaborated with our enemies? The POWs from Viet Namare still closed lips over who colaborated and to what extent.

Nope, let the existing compensation pprogram pay them for their residual issues.

Robert Pryor
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2009, 04:26 PM

Let's forget about all the "Phony" POW's, the 1,300 or so who have put claims into the VA. Let's go ahead and pay $150 a month to the 908 men who were held in the Hanoi Hilton for so many years. Won't be a big deal as about half of them have passed on already. The ones who are still alive----yes! they deserve it!
Old 12-24-2009, 04:36 PM

I think that the men who were held in the "Hanoi Hilton" for upwards of 5 years should get this extra compensation. One of them was given the Medal of Honor for his conduct during those trying times. If you don't remember him, he was the VP candidate who was trashed by Gimpy and his ilk. Adm. Stockdale. The rest of the "Phonies" can ho to heck as far as I am concerned. The few from Desert Storm were not held long enough to miss the latest movies.
Old 12-24-2009, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale View Post
Which side???
Is Obama going to pay the Gitmo detainees now?
Whale,

Of course he will. It's part of that long standing Illinois tradition of buying votes.

Robert
Old 12-27-2009, 09:46 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Hmmm...I got a draft notice, wonder if that makes me a POW of the US Army?

I think they ought to retro-actively increase the hazardous duty pay. There is something just plain wrong about being fined more for failing to buckle a seat belt.