The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Civil War

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-07-2003, 07:35 AM

Default HAWK!!!!!!

The harm is, if you are of SOUND MIND, then you are not politicall correct!!!!!! And I think I know which you stand on!!!!!!!
SF
NC
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1 a thief.jpg (46.8 KB, 48 views)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2003, 08:04 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Ya got THAT right humper...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5 steve and c.jpg (34.7 KB, 38 views)
Old 12-02-2003, 06:07 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Des,

The United States flag flew over slavery for 80 years. Presently, three former Confederate states still fly state flags that flew in their states during the Civil War. Why isn't anyone advocating their change?

Ignorance is bliss, i guess!
Bill

King John 2.1.466
Old 12-02-2003, 12:41 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Thanks Bill... as always...
Old 01-10-2004, 01:20 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Bill

See how the Iraqis changed their flag from the Baathist to the hopeful... sooooooooooooo quick, eh?

Zooooooooomie out
Old 02-02-2004, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tamaroa Des,

The United States flag flew over slavery for 80 years.
Wasn't it four-score and seven?

The flags of MOST countries in existence today flew over slavery, often for HUNDREDS of years, but for some reason everyone looks at Southerners as the epitome of the evil racist state.

Personally, I guess like other folk around the world, I'm NOT real proud of that part of my heritage, but it was there and, unlike them, I won't say it wasn't and I won't apologize for it.

In the part of Kentucky I'm from there were hardly any slaves. I guess I could ascribe some altruistic motives to that, but the fact is that the reason there were no slaves in the mines is because slaves were actually worth something; if poor white trash like me died in a cave-in, that was one less paltry wage to pay -- if a slave died, that was a lost investment. Slaves actually had value.

I honestly believe the North was both legally and morally wrong to wage the so-called civil war the way it did, and I truly believe Lincoln was one of the worst presidents this country has ever had, but I'm damn glad it turned out like it did. We can argue about states' rights and causes until the sky falls, but the fact remains that a great evil was undone, or at least ended.

And I guess that was what I was trying to say earlier. People (generally) look at the Southern Cross (a rather meaningless naval ensign) and see the bad, or they see the pride, and really in the end it's just a symbol, regardless of what it's creators intended it to be. It's a battle standard; it's not the stars and bars.

When I see the Southern Cross I immediately examine who's carrying it. If it's a re-enactment group or someone trying to really honor southern heritage, I can respect that. If it's some A-Hole in a white hood, I couldn't care less if he gets run over by a car on the way to the rally.

Kentucky might have gone the middle road during the great war, but I'm damn proud to live in her. We call her Dixie's darlin', and I proudly call myself a southerner.

I can't make slavery never happen. I can't take back what was. All I can do is be proud of the good things we were and be ashamed of the bad things -- and not be ashamed to be ashamed of the bad things. If that makes any sense.