The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-07-2021, 04:31 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Exclamation Penned-In

1-7-2021

I am more than sure that virtually every human being who has ever lived has felt the strains of being penned in now and then? And even with the biggest brain, or even the lowest of Mortal-I.Qs, we all have suffered from the pangs of mental incarceration more than once in our daily lives, but once again – “This Too Is Just Normal!”

One feels especially restricted, however, when he has spent a good deal of his life whizzing up and down our nation’s highways and byways, only to be currently hemmed in by age, seclusion and finances, and this, knowing full well that we have not even seen a fraction of the potentiality that even “These Magnificent United States of America” have laid out at our concreted feet? A wilderness, I might add, that begs to experience our presence, and so it has always been, and so it will (nearly) forever be?

There is an insatiable hunger within the soul of mankind today however, just as it was away back when those iron-men journeyed far and wide, trapped within the hulls of their wooden ships and at the mercy of the sometimes brutal winds and sea! A hunger that can never be completely quelled for as long as we yet wonder what lies out there, just beyond the very next horizon?

The only question remaining now is: “Do we still have enough grit and courage left to grab fate and the unknown by the horns, and to finally bring them under our ultimate and complete control?”

Hardcore
Old 01-08-2021, 07:04 AM

Unhappy

Peaceful protest I can live with - It's the destructive force when used is where human life is taken in the process - I can't accept.
-
This isn't the old wild west any longer but at time's - it looks that way.
Now we have a system in place - and laws to back them up (I hope).
-
Boats

p.s. Pend-in feelings: You bet - feels like I'm doing time. My wife can only tolerate me when she needs to go to
the store or doctor. Other than that "its shut up I'm watching TV." Oh well she's a good old gal 54 years is nothing
to sneeze about - but as we age the more grounded we get (that's not all falling down type) - however there tends
to be a little more heat in the kitchen of late.
-
She's been so sick its terrible to watch her degrade with little chance of any real improvement or quality of life.
She's full blooded Italian and I'm only half. So I always loose any battles.
-
Life has it ups and downs - the more we're trapped indoors the more heat that generated from
boredom and health issues. Thank God I married her - she's good with money and I'm not
I get an allowance and that it - more money of late goes out to our Kids than what we'd spend.
But its all for a good cause - help pay their rent or move them in with you! Yea right!!
-
Being older now I seem more cranky and things are beginning to show physical limitations
(and I'm not talk sex) but I'm slower - can't lift really heavy stuff any more and my diet
is far less than it used to be. Many of my old friends are retired or died already.
Oh by the way went to the VA - I've got shingles - wow don't get them - itchy!!!
-
The Family is thinning out from the top down - pretty soon I will on the top - of which
means my number will be up shortly.
-
Other than that guys - thing's are just swell
-
Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote