The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-15-2006, 01:01 PM

Default I'm proud of you......

I want to say what a proud and dedicated "to the service" group of people you Vietnam veterans are. You know most of you don't remember what you had for dinner last night, don't know the date you met your wives, or what they were wearing at the time. But you remember every detail about your tours of duty in Vietnam and it was probably the worst part of your life.

You saw things that gave you nightmares for years. You remember every date and detail of each battle you fought in. You remember the last thing another soldier said to you before he died.

Dmz-Lt - you remember Raymond Armentrout
Bob Ryan - you won't forget PFC Gary Peterson
Frisco- you remember all of the "Fallen Eagles. Your fallen brothers of C Company
Gimpy - You remember the 2nd/60th Ninth Division

You all remember those that may be forgotten by others. You remember them and you proudly tell of their life or their accomplishments so they won't be forgotten. You all seem to be very proud of your service in the military and you should be. I see a lot of joking and you all having fun on this site but what I see the most is your compassion for the "fallen soldiers" and also for each other. Your concern when one of you is sick or has just lost a loved one. I would have to look very long and hard to find a group of people as fine as you. You should all be proud. I am proud to be associated with this site and with the likes of you.

I hope you don't think that this is too sappy or girly thoughts. I just wanted to give you all some recognition.

Raggedy Ann
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2006, 01:16 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking I'm hurt

All the therapy I do on this site and you forgot me.
I'm hurt but I'll get over it.

Keith
Old 11-15-2006, 01:27 PM

Keith
Of course I would never forget you. And I don't want the veterans that didn't go to Vietnam to think what I wrote is just for the Vietnam veterans. You are all proud of your service, compassionate for each other, and I feel, genuinely nice people. I am equally proud of all of you.

Raggedy Ann
Old 11-15-2006, 02:15 PM

Poor Keith, bless his heart.

They don't have an emoticon for "my heart bleeds for you", but if they did, I'm sure it would be a small violin playing itself.

(Whole lotta heart-blessin' go on in the South. We need it.)

Always good to hear a woman's voice on here. Again, THANK YOU! And thank you for thanking them.

So, are you thinking about coming to Georgia in April?

Keith,

I won't be getting married, but are you thinking about coming to Geogia in April? They ain't a one of us that don't need ministerin' to.

Please consider it.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:28 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default And

we are just as proud of you, RaggedyAnn!

It's folks like you and Gracie and many others who continually give us hope and reflection that we are able to share our thoughts and feelings with such wonderful people like y'all.

We may fuss and fight, scream & holler at each other once in a while, but we are all "one" with each other when it comes to our brothers and sisters well being.

Thank YOU for your kind and thoughtful words.

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:37 PM

Gracie
Georgia in April... I'll have to give that some thought.

Raggedy Ann
Old 11-15-2006, 03:13 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Gracie Darlin'
You're absolutely right. Ya'll need some type of ministerin" and thats why Keith and I are here fer ya. I have sewn the wild oats and mended my ways. Now I have been self appointed to hear the problems of the female populace. When you get to the mtn in April, I'll be hearing confessions in my tent.(anything sexual in nature should be elaborated on with photos or demonstrations) 'Dress lightly do to lack of air conditioning.

Ann
You should make the trip to our annual prayer breakfast and choir practice. It's an emotional four days....
bOOger

God bless the ACLU
Old 11-15-2006, 03:21 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm??

Quote:
Originally posted by b3196 Gracie Darlin'
You're absolutely right. Ya'll need some type of ministerin" and thats why Keith and I are here fer ya. I have sewn the wild oats and mended my ways. Now I have been self appointed to hear the problems of the female populace. When you get to the mtn in April, I'll be hearing confessions in my tent.(anything sexual in nature should be elaborated on with photos or demonstrations) 'Dress lightly do to lack of air conditioning.

Ann
You should make the trip to our annual prayer breakfast and choir practice. It an emotional four days....
bOOger

Gracie & Ann...............Be very, very careful how you answer Mah Deah yankee brother, General bOOgERlEE...........I think he's-a up-ta no-good agin !

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 11-15-2006, 03:28 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default G,...

...Gim'ster,...

... Ya reckon Ole' Brother bOOger Lee haz mendid his way, Um no way, an ain't playin possum, dat boy b see sic,...

...The word come up, or worze, he see a woman, he gits dat sicness dat overcome him, more like undercome, and dey kep tellin him, but he kep on tryin makin him more sic,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 11-15-2006, 03:43 PM

Send a message via AIM to QM3steve
Distinctions
Contributor 

judgin' by the forementioned conversation, we's gotsta bleve Bob, and ah sez BOB has got da sheep suit on agin. And he's a'pullin da wool ovah y'allz eyes. I kin smells NO GOOD acomin' from dat man. Keep yur wits about ya girls. Keith, I think you need to watch closely here. No tellin what's gonna rise here.