The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Veterans > Veterans Benefits

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2002, 06:44 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default NY State DAV Convention...

...is being held the 23rd through the 26th, so I won't be around,

.THEY GIVE ME A VOTE...,...SO if there is anything out side of concurrent receipt that you would like me to mention, etc...
reply, ...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2002, 10:50 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Just a thank you to you and them for all the hard work. Past, present and future.
Old 06-22-2002, 10:55 AM

Default DAV

Yes , Just a question, could the dav have a sort of "Expert" group in DC to check a VA decison to reduce a VETs percentage??? Like for example a service officer could have some forms already signed by said Vet and "immediately" re-apply for his % increase vs allowing the VA to decrease our entitlement. Just somthing to ask.Maybe call them "Rapid Resonpse Team".

Thanks S/F Jimmy
Old 06-22-2002, 11:40 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default HELP....

...I'm surrounded by 11-12 year olds, must be 15 of the little boogers here for my daughters birthday party, and a dog that won't shut up....
...It's raining on, and off, yet their still in, and out of the house...
...from twister to musical chairs, and that damn dog won't shut up...
...In, and out of the pool, damn dog won't shut up...
...badmitton, and the damn dog won't shut up...
...eat food, and the damn dog won't shut up...
... pass the home lobotimy kit, and the damn dog won't shut up...
Oh , just pass me another Korona, and the damn dog won't......

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 06-22-2002, 12:32 PM

Smile Happy Birthday!

To your daughter!!!!

Have no help to offer, but enjoy it .

S/F Jimmy
Old 06-27-2002, 08:33 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default I'm back...

...I think...

...It would prob take 3 weeks to detail it all out, but in the condensed version, it was prob the best thing I could do was go...

...I haven't been that involved in the service org's until, what, a year, and a half ago, but have found some belonging in being able to call you men, and women my brothers, and sisters again on an "official" level in public...
...It took a lot to go, and I did make progress in many different ways,...
...seeing such fine men, and women of distinction gathered together, and accepting me for the "hat", and not what was pinned to it was "kinda lookin' at the other side of the mountian", and it's down hill from here", I've felt for a long time like I'd been pushin' that train up...
...I/we laughed, and cried a lot, I met a lot of people from across the state, and esp the guys from Manhatten from chapter 35 by the WTC that were the best, (I'll go into more later...)

...I spent one of the days in a class for "NYS Service Officer Certification" in which the new "STATE COMMANDER", Robert N. Petucci sat in on through the whole class, and participated in all aspects, this guy is sharp, and young, and I'm proud to say that I've met him, and I think the Veterans in NY will be four folds better in the long run...
...He was sworn in amidst thundering applause...
...So now I am certified to provide assistance with matters pertaining to claims of Veterans, their dependents, widows, and orphans, and If I can only write one claim that helps one veteran, then the class was well worth it...
...I had the opportunity to spend the weekend with the service officer that handles my case, and who also taught the course(although no personal cases were discussed), We've grown closer as he was the man that I was screaming at across the desk last year as in getting to know him now, I never realized how qualified he was, and even though my case is only halfway there, I know know he does care...( I have been known to be a bit untrusting)...

... I got shang hi'ed by my friend up here as before I knew it, I was in the lobby of the convention center, and had a "dress" pulled over me, and I was informed that I was now in "Rat land", and was "hazed" into being in the NOTR..( Nation Order of the Trench Rats), peer presure was just too much for me to turn down, ...funny thing was as I'm standing in the lobby, my wife walks in as she's just getting there because I checked in Sun., I looked good in floral print....
"GENTLE hazing" continued through most of the next two hours as we were paraded around to the delight of the "cotton tops", excuse me, ladies, and off to the skeet club for final induction It was good clean brotherly fun, and I wouldn't trade the memory of the night for anything, It was the first night that I felt "together in acceptence for nothing other then who I was"...

...I will, again, and again thank you all here, and those from the back channel for being there when no one else was for me, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE, please reach around, and your allowed one pat on the back, Bits gets two...

... don't know where I'm going, but I do know where I been, I'm movin on....
"C"

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 06-27-2002, 01:36 PM

Default Good for you Curtis

You gotta get invovled to make bureaucrats listen. Sometimes it's like banging your head against a wall but it's easier when your on the inside with a VSO backing you up.

Now..... if you can get em to stop sending me those address labels, I have a lifetime supply.