06-04-2013 03:52 AM

Materiel management journeyman displays "Service Before Self"

Name and Rank: Airman 1st Class John Rodgers
Unit: 48th Logistics Readiness Squadron
Duty Title: Materiel management journeyman
Time in Service: 1 year, 6 months
Time at Lakenheath: 1 year, 2 months
Hometown: Oceanside, Calif.
Hobbies: Coin collecting, reading, playing video games, hanging out with friends and traveling
Core Value Portrayed: "Service Before Self"

How does the individual portray that core value?
Rodgers exhibits "Service Before Self" by consistently prioritizing the needs of his customers and co-workers before his own. He is steadfast in his duty of supplying our deploying Airmen with the critical equipment and clothing necessary to succeed down range.

Why is serving in the Air Force important to you?
Serving the Air Force is important to me because it provides me with the opportunity to embody an ideal bigger than myself. As an Airman, what I do on a daily basis has far-reaching effects not only for my country, but also for people across the globe.

What accomplishment during your Air Force career are you most proud of?
I would say that one of the highlights in my career so far has been my deployed section winning team of the quarter. During my deployment, our work center did a great job at bringing together members from different bases with different backgrounds and focusing them towards one common goal.

What are your personal and/or professional goals?
My goal is to better myself through education and to earn a bachelor's degree. In addition, I would like to become an officer so I can represent the Air Force to my fullest potential and have a greater influence in guiding Airmen in the right direction.

What is your favorite part of your job?
My favorite part is having the opportunity to meet new people and take on new challenges on a daily basis. Being in the individual equipment element, I get to encounter a large portion of the base populace and have the pleasure of outfitting them for the fight.

(Photo above)

ROYAL AIR FORCE LAKENHEATH, England -- Airman 1st Class John Rodgers, 48th Logistics Readiness Squadron materiel management journeyman, pulls an item for a customer April 9, 2013. Rodgers was nominated for a Liberty Spotlight because he displays the core value of "Service Before Self." (U.S. Air Force photo by Airman 1st Class Dana J. Butler)

tags:
Spotlight on You!
Airman 1st Class John Rodgers
48th Logistics Readiness Squadron

Section:
Spotlight On You!

Tweet
Email
Print

Materiel management journeyman displays "Service Before Self"

Airman 1st Class John Rodgers
Tue., June 04
Name and Rank: Airman 1st Class John Rodgers
Unit: 48th Logistics Readiness Squadron
Duty Title: Materiel management journeyman
Time in Service: 1 year, 6 months
Time at Lakenheath: 1 year, 2 months
Hometown: Oceanside, Calif.
Hobbies: Coin collecting, reading, playing video games, hanging out with friends and traveling
Core Value Portrayed: "Service Before Self"

How does the individual portray that core value?
Rodgers exhibits "Service Before Self" by consistently prioritizing the needs of his customers and co-workers before his own. He is steadfast in his duty of supplying our deploying Airmen with the critical equipment and clothing necessary to succeed down range.

Why is serving in the Air Force important to you?
Serving the Air Force is important to me because it provides me with the opportunity to embody an ideal bigger than myself. As an Airman, what I do on a daily basis has far-reaching effects not only for my country, but also for people across the globe.

What accomplishment during your Air Force career are you most proud of?
I would say that one of the highlights in my career so far has been my deployed section winning team of the quarter. During my deployment, our work center did a great job at bringing together members from different bases with different backgrounds and focusing them towards one common goal.

What are your personal and/or professional goals?
My goal is to better myself through education and to earn a bachelor's degree. In addition, I would like to become an officer so I can represent the Air Force to my fullest potential and have a greater influence in guiding Airmen in the right direction.

What is your favorite part of your job?
My favorite part is having the opportunity to meet new people and take on new challenges on a daily basis. Being in the individual equipment element, I get to encounter a large portion of the base populace and have the pleasure of outfitting them for the fight.

(Photo above)

ROYAL AIR FORCE LAKENHEATH, England -- Airman 1st Class John Rodgers, 48th Logistics Readiness Squadron materiel management journeyman, pulls an item for a customer April 9, 2013. Rodgers was nominated for a Liberty Spotlight because he displays the core value of "Service Before Self." (U.S. Air Force photo by Airman 1st Class Dana J. Butler)

More...
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links