The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Veterans > Veterans Benefits

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-26-2002, 08:42 AM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 
Default Veterans Administration Ethics(???) Award!

Gimpy

Registered to :Aug 23, 2001
Posted 20-12-2001 at 17:23
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can you believe this! After one of the most outrageous incidents of UN-ethical behavior in the history of the Department of Veterans Affairs (the recent THEFT of more than 6 million dollars of funds intended for veterans entitled to disability compensation benefits by the VA congressional liason officer at the Atlanta, GA VA regional office). Those JERKS have the audacity and nerve to receive an AWARD for "ETHICAL BEHAVIOR"!!

Anthony Prinicipi and ALL those JACKASSES should be ASHAMED of themselves!

Check this out.

##### START #####
VA Receives Top Government Ethics Award
December 14, 2001

WASHINGTON ? The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Office of General Counsel has received the Outstanding Ethics Program Award from the office that oversees all federal agencies' employee ethics programs. VA is the largest agency ever to receive the award.

"In VA, observing ethical rules is a foundation for the excellence we strive for in serving our nation's veterans," said Secretary of Veterans Affairs Anthony J. Principi.

The Office of Government Ethics, an executive branch agency that examines the ethics activities of all federal agencies, found the complexity and scope of ethical issues facing VA's employees made the department's track record particularly impressive.

The ethics office decided that VA fulfilled all requirements under the Ethics in Government act and the Ethics Reform Act. These laws cover programs that administer financial discosure rules, provide training on ethics and counsel employees.

Amy Comstock, director of the ethics office, presented the award Dec. 13. Comstock praised VA's "ethically active leadership" and cited a "multitude of complex and difficult ethics issues" that face VA lawyers, especially arising in VA's health care system.

"As the President reminded us immediately after assuming office, knowing and living up to the ethics rules are matters of keeping faith with the American people," Principi said. He credited the work of VA lawyers and recognized the support of human resources staff and managers.

VA's ethics programs are managed by its legal organization, the Office of General Counsel, including 23 regional offices that share responsibility to review financial disclosure reports from 5,000 employees, provide training and counsel employees personally on ethical conduct. All political appointees, senior executives and many managers receive ethics training annually.

VA ethics activities are uniquely challenging both because of the complexities of the
department's missions and because of the many outside activities and financial interests of its administrative and professional employees. Examples include: business dealings of VA physicians who serve as faculty members at affiliated universities; professional activities of VA experts who are engaged for speaking and consultation, along with related travel supported by professional and commercial organizations; and conflicts of interest that may arise from VA procurements in many markets.

VA has the largest centralized ethics program in the federal government. Some large
agencies segment their ethics programs. While other agencies received the award this year, Comstock emphasized that the scope and complexity of VA's programs far exceed any others.

VA is the second largest federal department, with 219,000 employees.

##### END #####

WHAT A FREAKIN JOKE!!

The Gimp

"RIVERENE/MUD-GRUNT"

"I AIN'T NO FORTUNATE SON"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Profile Email Qoute
Drywall

Registered to :Aug 22, 2001
Posted 20-12-2001 at 17:33
Office of Government Ethics?

That's a misnomer in itself. I wonder what constitutes unethical behavior.

Profile www Qoute
Sp4LittleJohn

Registered to :Aug 22, 2001
Posted 20-12-2001 at 19:17
OK, Gimpy, other than you bein' pissed at the VA, which we all understand, how the heck are you? Great to see you back on line. Been thinking a lot about you lately and have missed your post. Don't make yourself so scarce anymore. You got friends here.
-----------------
Pain is only temporary. Pride is forever.

Profile Email Qoute
Gimpy

Registered to :Aug 23, 2001
Posted 20-12-2001 at 20:06
Hey LittleJohn.

I'm doin better now old friend. Had some health problems (again) and with the move down to Tampa and all I just didn't have the time or didn't feel good enough to go on line for a while. But, I'm back now and hopefully I'll be around for awhile. Thanks for your concern.

Hope you and yours have a great Christmas.

Gimp

"RIVERENE/MUD-GRUNT"

"I AIN'T NO FORTUNATE SON"

Profile Email Qoute
Paula

Registered to ec 16, 2001
Posted 20-12-2001 at 21:14
I understand how you feel, Gimpy. I DO INDEED.

As you recall I kept getting banned at vets forum for saying so. Remeber my calling attention to the loophole in the patients rights? Got banned for it AND some nasty post directed at me.

Anyway, I NOT SURPRISED! I think half of them went to torture school rather then College. The other half just had on the job training
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links