The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-07-2020, 04:04 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Unhappy And Is This Not How Even "Peaceful Revolutions" Are Begun?

8-7-2020

It seems to me and this is only my own personal opinion of course, that distrust and revolution has always begun when the people of any given faction, and those that they hire to conduct their political business, grow further and further apart on the key issues that united them all in the first place!

And is it not when any government (anywhere) refuses to listen to the people anymore, and the agendas of the elected few begin to override the needs and the demands of the general public, that - “The Pot of State” truly begins to boil out of control?

So tell me once again: “Who are the true and lasting masters of “This Great Nation of Ours” – is it any one political party perhaps, the people themselves, or is it “The People’s Government”, that “Truly Run The Entire Show of State?”

And For The Record: Is It Not Also About Time That “We the People” All Knew The Real And Bipartisan Answers To All Of The Above Questions For Sure?

Hardcore
Old 08-08-2020, 05:20 AM

Arrow The Legislative Process

HC - It's election time none of them are playing with a full deck. Business as usual ceases to exist while campaigns are going on. Mud slinging and denigration are a fact of life during this period of time. Promises are made but never confirmed once in office.
I've seen this in every election local, state and country. They tell the folks what they want to hear and then can't make it happen without the majority and passing both houses.

They use the people like they train cattle. They feed them the same bullshit while running of office. It's a statewide process by which the People end up loosing in the long run.

Oh yea they listen when running but when in office he or she is only one vote.

The basic rule of law is so entangled with sub-sections within the law that it could take months to years to get voted on and passed.

I would like to see legislators limited to two terms not life time positions. The old wood in service currently is beginning to smell of old ideas and concepts.

Sure there a few who are worthy but bulk (or lets say the newbie's) have little impact as their leadership pulls the strays in line within a short period of time.

I've always hated politics - its a dirty business of which each is picking the pocket of the other while in office. New Legislation process in a nutshell: First, a Representative sponsors a bill. ... If the bill passes by simple majority (218 of 435), the bill moves to the Senate. In the Senate, the bill is assigned to another committee and, if released, debated and voted on.

How A Bill Becomes Law:

* Step 1 - First Reading. The bill is read for the first time by the House of Commons and printed.
* Step 2 - Second Reading. Members of the House of Commons debate the ideas in the bill.
* Step 3 - Committee Stage. ...
* Step 4 - Report Stage. ...
* Step 5 - Third Reading. ...
* Step 6 - Senate. ...
* Step 7 - Royal Assent.

then;

** The Bill Is Then Sent to the President (this to me is wrong!)

Sign and pass the bill—the bill becomes a law. Refuse to sign, or veto, the bill—the bill is sent back to the U.S. House of Representatives, along with the President's reasons for the veto. ... If Congress is not in session, the bill does not become a law.

This is where we get altered new laws - whereas - the original bill is skewed to mean one or more thing that was not intended and hence the People loose once again.
(aka: loopholes)

** Late note: Most bills — about 90% — die in committee or subcommittee, where they are pigeonholed, or simply forgotten and never discussed. If a bill survives, hearings are set up in which various experts, government officials, or lobbyists present their points of view to committee members.

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote