The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-16-2006, 09:15 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Angry Is The Move On To Sell America?

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniont...1n16ports.html

?Some might say that this isn?t internationalism - It?s treachery!?

Hold on to your jockstrap amigos, for believe it or not, at a time when we fear terrorism from abroad, six (major) U.S. Ports have been (or soon will be) taken over by Arab interests (Talk about giving the fox free run of the henhouse!)

In a piece that I just read, another one of those ?SECRET U.S. PANELS? has decided to OK letting ?Rich Arab Interests? run the show at several United States Homeland Ports - say it ain?t so!!

Again according to the item that I read, this ?Committee On Foreign Investment in The United States?, the people who approved this freaking sideshow, is run by five (5) humungous U.S. departments that include - Treasury, Defense, Justice, Commerce and State!

Now I have no problem with these people getting their heads together to do what is best for America, but the last time I heard, we are at war against terror, and where (pray tell) is most of that terror coming in from? ?Get Real Man, the way that things are going, some genius in government may soon demand that we issue diplomatic passports to Al Qaeda!?"

How in the Hell can you fight terrorism with your right hand, and hold it?s bloody paw with your left. James Monroe (Monroe Doctrine) has got to be turning over in his grave, for what took some 230 years to build and perfect, is now being flushed down the tubes in less than a decade, in my humble opinion!!

Every time that a person allows one travesty to go unquestioned, those who orchestrated that injustice are given a shot of adrenaline to their egos! Give some people but a single concession, and they will quickly rip another five rights or liberties from your bleeding carcass!

And if you mistakenly believe that with the organizations that I listed above approving this fool?s errand, nothing can go wrong, then I invite you to read up on : "The transfer of the American Fleet from San Diego to Pearl Harbor before 7 December 1941, Sending the Battle Ship Maine to Havana before the Spanish American War, Giving Up The Panama Canal, Ignoring Possible Intelligence Before 9/11/2001, and Accepting The ?Temporary Income Tax? of 1913! The list of these never-ending screw-ups seems to be endless, and we have paid one helluva price for each and every one of these grievious errors!!

Tom Paine once wrote a pamphlet entitled ?Common Sense!? In the years since our inception, however, common sense and a few government mandates have become oxymoronic!

?WHEN (IF EVER) WILL WE EVER LEARN??

Of course again these are but my own (stupid) personal opinions!

VERITAS
Old 02-16-2006, 11:01 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default HARDCORE...

PU-U-U-LEEEEEZE never infer that your POLITICAL OPINIONS (Yes,...everything afflicting America is either political or politicized-to-death) are: "Stupid". That's just not so.

Still, and cringingly saying thank you very much for exposing the disgusting and/or that not only just a few politically appointed bureaucrats AREN'T ACTUALLY concerned about The American Taxpayer and/or PAYER OF EVERYTHING in America (We the only REAL Piggy-bank government has.).

Apparently, MOST ALL such political appointees alluded to get better paid or rewarded by foreign governments and/or foreign lobbyists. Now Rick,...that's an actual: "Opinion" since and even though quite obvious, sensible and logical assuming, such not proven or truly known (YET).

Whereas most all of what you stated are factually existing, daily occurring and absurd and/or anti-American Taxpayer realities.
Sad as such are, those aren't opinions. Those are just some sorry-ass facts that We Subjects must accept.

Sorry, Rick.

Neil

P.S. During wartime, aren't some of the current realities that you mentioned, still considered Hanging or Firing Squad Offenses?
After all, Americans will no doubt die because of such cavalier type nonsenses.
Rick, is such an opinion, common sense or pure logic???
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 01:07 PM

Ok! It isn't so........there I said it. The article you are referring to is one that Moartardude posted wherin P&O Nelloyd was supposed to take over several US Ports. IT'S PURE HORSE HOCKY!!!!!! P&O Nelloyd doesn't exist any more! It's been split up by Maersk, CP Ships and Hapag Lloyd and all the ships have been re-named. The PONL ENCOUNTER is now the MAERSK
DUNAFARE. It's arriving to discharge containers at Packer Ave. Terminal in Philly tomorrow. Shipping Lines don't "Run" US Ports. They are "Clients" and if their paperwork isn't together and their Security Documents incorrect they are denied entrance to the port by the Captain of the Port.

NO US PORT is run by a private company! PERIOD! As far as Philadelphia goes (One of the Ports named in the article) it is run by a tri-state commission (Piers & such) but the Port in fact is run by the Captain of the Port who happens to be the Local Coast Guard Commander in conjunction with the Bureau of Homeland Security, Customs and Border Protection.

The company mentioned in the article P&O Nelloyd Lines, isn't taking over anything and was not bought out by arabs. It was bought out by CP Ships which is a wholly owned subsideary of Happag Lloyd. The company that I work for are the agents for CP Ships. I am the Port Manager for Philadelphia.

The above message from Hardcore is a total fabrication.
Old 02-16-2006, 02:03 PM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

I am not sure if you read the article Rick posted colmurph as none of the companies you mentioned in your reply even appear in the story. The article never said the port would be "run" by the shipping company either, it said the shipping company would be given "control over significant operations at six U.S. ports".

As far as it being a total fabrication, I would have to take issue with this as well as it was reported by the Associated Press after a news release from the House Homeland Security Committee.

Here is the actual report:

WASHINGTON ? The chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee urged the White House yesterday to reconsider approval of a sale that would give an Arab company control over significant operations at six U.S. ports.

Other U.S. lawmakers have expressed concerns about the sale's implications for maritime security.

The government-owned Dubai Ports World in the United Arab Emirates won approval for the $6.8 billion deal from a secretive U.S. panel that considers security risks of foreign companies buying or investing in American industry.

Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y., who heads the security committee, said he spoke to senior White House officials, whom he declined to identify, and urged them to review national security concerns over DP World's purchase of the London-based Peninsular and Oriental Steam Navigation Co., which British shareholders approved Monday.

The British firm, the world's fourth-largest ports company, runs commercial operations at shipping terminals in New York, New Jersey, Baltimore, New Orleans, Miami and Philadelphia.

The Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States reviewed the transaction and did not object, said Dubai-based DP World. The committee, run by the Treasury Department, also includes officials from the departments of Defense, Justice, Commerce, State and Homeland Security.

Treasury Secretary John Snow, asked during a budget hearing yesterday about the committee's approval, said he wasn't permitted to discuss specific transactions the panel considers.

Rep. Mark Foley, R-Fla., said, ?If our ports are the most vulnerable targets for terrorism and if we are at war, as the president says, we should be overly critical of handing over management of our ports to any foreign countries, post 9/11.?

A spokesman for DP World didn't respond to requests for comment yesterday.

Critics have complained that control over port operations by DP World could endanger U.S. security. They cite the UAE's history as an operational and financial base for the hijackers who carried out the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks against New York and Washington.
Old 02-16-2006, 05:04 PM

Send a message via AIM to Bill Farnie
Distinctions
VOM 

the London-based Peninsular and Oriental Steam Navigation Co., is P&O ... I used to service their telephone system at the Elizabeth Seaport here in New Jersey

It is well that war is so terrible, or we should get too fond of it. General Robert E. Lee
Old 02-17-2006, 01:54 AM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

Thank you for the clarification on that point Bill.