The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-05-2004, 05:58 AM

Question An informal Poll for Veterans in this forum...

The Veterans Journal Online is trying to get a "pulse" on the veteran community.

I hope that all readers of this thread will take a moment to reply so as to give us an understanding of what issues veterans think are important.

Question:

As a veteran, what are the top three issues you believe are critical to both veterans and America?

No need for lengthy discourse, just the top three issues you think are important, will suffice.

Note: NO names or callsigns will be used by us, just the issues.

With great respect,

Hardball
www.veteransjournal.net
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2004, 06:14 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Thanks for the web link. Looks like a great resource...

1) Transform the VA into a world class medical organization. Eliminate the many months wait for appts. Pay the doctors, nurses and other medical staff top dollar. Fully fund the VA. Keep the promises made by generations of politicians !!

2) Increase pay, housing allowances, combat pay, and other pay for our enlisted, National Guard, and Reserve troops. If we need more active duty units, then increase the enlistment quotas and fill them. Keep the promises made by generations of politicians !!

3) Invest and develop alternatives to oil. The sooner we stop importing this, the better off we will all be. Keep the promises made by generations of politicians !!

4) Jobs, jobs, jobs....Keep the promises made by generations of politicians !!!
Old 04-05-2004, 09:12 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to sgtmiller

VA hospitals staying open

Better equipment and/or pay for the military forces

Better benefits for retirees of the service/or leave it alone
Old 04-05-2004, 10:49 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Issues

1. doing polls without compensation
2. poll givers profiting with the poll
3. Not telling what the poll is going to be used for before the unsuspected poll answerer replys.

Ron
Old 04-05-2004, 11:53 AM

Default 39mto39g wrote:...

"Issues
1. doing polls without compensation
2. poll givers profiting with the poll
3. Not telling what the poll is going to be used for before the unsuspected poll answerer replys."

1. Neither you or I are being compensated for doing this poll.

2. Poll "Givers" would be you, 39mto39g... We are "taking" a poll.

3. If you read my intro to the thread, you would have seen,
The Veterans Journal Online is trying to get a "pulse" on the veteran community. That is, we want to get an understanding as to what issues are important to veterans. (pretty simple)

Ontop of that, we have stated that no names nor callsigns will be used in the polling analysis.

"Unsuspecting" veterans is incorrect. Veterans can understand a simple question:
As a veteran, what are the top three issues you believe are critical to both veterans and America?

If you are a veteran who wishes NOT to respond, like the 1-in-15 ratio of response-to-none-response in this thread so far, you don't have to.

But the Veterans Journal believes that responses to such a question can provide insight into what is, or is not occuring via our elected officials.

If you are seeing some sort of ulterior motive, maybe your issues are different than most.

Hardball
www.veteransjournal.net

P.S. This poll will NOT be published in our online paper, just the general trend of veteran thought.
Old 04-05-2004, 12:02 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Here we go

1. Getting rid of the VA Medical Facilities and letting us use our cards at the Doctors and Hospitals of our choice. (I know I'll take some flak for this but I truly believe we'd be better off. Gimpy and I are just 2 examples of VA butchery.)

2. Hiring enough people to get claims processed in a timely fashion.

3. Bringing the rates of Compensation for SC Vets, (service connected not South Carolina) into the 21st Century.

Packo

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 04-05-2004, 12:06 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking

1. women 2. Motorcycles 3. women again
Old 04-05-2004, 01:13 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Hardball,

David has been keepin' me current on what is going on out there in San Diego withthe Veterans Journal and the Veterans community. I checked your pics out in the gallery and would recommend everyone take a look at them plus checking out the Veterans Journal. He's so excited about what is happening out there and can't say enough good things about you all.Iam more than a little impressed.Thank you and all of those with you for caring for your brothers and sisters the way you have. Keep up the fire.

Arrow>>>>>>

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 04-05-2004, 03:03 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default HB

I did read your intro and the underliying jest of this is what you do with the polls.
www.veteransjournal.net is just like someone who asks who refured you to us? was it a TV add or a Magasine, You see that information is used for advertising.
My question is, what are you going to use this information for? and how will you profit from it?
Your sighting 1in 15 which means you pay attention to how many reply, Why?
Im not synical, I just want people to be above board and tell what the poll is relly for? And, I charge $100.oo to do a poll.
I'll be happy to do yours , just send the check.

Ron
Old 04-05-2004, 03:21 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default 2 cents worth

1. National security - absent that, all other issues are insignificata.

2. Complete restructuring of the Tax Code. Eliminate private-non-profit organizations (501 (c)[3]; eliminate the income tax and replace it with an equitable national sales tax.

3. Phase out all governmental agencies, departments and offices unless those agencies, etc. are constitutionally mandated. For example, how many childen has the Department of Education ever educated, or how many BTU's energy has the Department of Energy ever produced? By reforming government back into it shld be, there would be more than enough revenue to pay for veterans' benefits, etc.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."