The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-02-2004, 05:51 PM

Wheweeee! I just finally came out of my mint julip-induced coma. Let's see now....yep, it's been just 5 days ago that I drank too many at the Shem Creek place. That's some powerful stuff!!! Paco and Deb, great to meet ya'll, even tho you two did have us going around in circles with your directions. Yep, you sure were funnin' with us. Glad to have entertained ya'll. Just wait till you come out here and we get you up and out on those logginig roads in the mountains. Oh, yeah....just wait. Payback is a _itch, as Chris will often say. Glad the hurricane bypassed you. And thanks for being a friend to Chris, Paco.
Doc and Shirley....what can I say? We have never enjoyed ourselves on a vacation so much, ever in our 35 years together!
From Wilbur Lake, beautiful just isn't enough of an adjective to describe that little piece of heaven, to your backyard watching Froto pounce on the cat or the other way around and the cows munching in the fields next door. The food.....Oh, my! From Shirley's Home Cooking restaurant to Shirley's kitchen in your home. We are still tasting the wonderful spread you put on for us, Shirley. Doc, you are a true Southern country gentleman, and Shirley, a genuine Steel Magnolia, a graceful, lovely, beautiful lady with a sweet, soft smile and sense of humor that is surely underated. I feel as if I have found a sister in you. Thanks for everything. Ft Sumter was incredible. The float on the boat out there was a kick, even tho I was soaked to the gills, I loved it. It was a piece of the Cw that has always fascinated me and I got to see it up close. It answered some of the ???s I have had for a long time. Thank you for introducing that lovely man, Arnold, Shirley's Dad. What a treasure he is. Shriley you are so fortunate to have him. But I guess you already know that. We had us some great meals, including the one at 82 Queen with the best she-crab soup ever made, and the bar-b-q ribs. WOW! You sure know how to eat good. The hilight of the trip had to be that watermelon we packed around over hill and dale all the way to South Carolina to be shared with Chris' Navy friends. I have never had such melon in my life. We willbe talking about that melon long into our wet, winter weather, I bet. After you two left, it was lonesome. We missed you terrible. Chris and I did get to sneak off one day and have a horse-drawn carriage tour of the French quarter of Charleston. Very romantic! If you can imagine such a thing about all of our years together. It does happen now and then. Doc, thanks for the raccoon hats. Chris has promised to make me an opossum stole to go with it. Then all I will need is a pair of muckluck boots. Can you picture it? I am getting long-winded. Just to let you know that Chris and I have been making a list of must-sees when you come out next time. You will be quite amazed at what you haven't seen. It will be a great pleasure.
God Bless and Stay Healthy. Love, j
Old 10-02-2004, 11:22 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Doc , Chris should have mentioned that around western washington state you can tell the Washatonians from the newly transplanted Califonians by their Umbrellas. Every one knows Washatonians don't need no Umbrellas thats just liquid sunshine
Old 10-03-2004, 08:26 AM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

Jerry your right I don't own one and never will again, bought one once thinking it would work but the first little squall turned the damn thing inside out , I fiqure owning a umbrella in washington makes about as much since as the young man stealing a tree in south carolina during a hurricane. Doc lets go to Nascar in Bristol in April.
Old 10-03-2004, 08:51 AM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

Newly transplanted Californians in Washington? Say it isn't soooo! Hey, everyone from California, it rains 24/7 in Washington, so uh --- stay in California! No really, I mean it, stay in California or at least out of Washington

(of course this does not apply to Tom, James, and anyone else I know and actually like here )
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 04:28 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

We got our problems with rich Florida people, present company excepted. They like to build on tops of the mountains and then sue the guy on the opposite mountain for screwing up the view. Chris, I'm checking with the family about Bristol. Let you know tomorrow, hopefully. Joan, you write beautifully. PS: don't talk too much about the watermelon. You know who might hear.