The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2002, 10:11 AM

Thumbs up Meeting Doc Fred

A personel prespective of a southern gentleman, precieved by a yankee city lady. I met an angel last Saturday. His name is Fred "Doc" Deakins. Mr. Fred is the sweetest, kindest, gentlest man I have met in a long time. His warm manner, easy-going style, and that slow Southern drawl of his warms you to him immediately. He is a true Rhett Butler in all of the good sence of that movie character. Right away I felt a conforting feeling in his presence. Chris had the great pleasure of having Fred to himself on Friday. Bless their hearts, I was invited to lunch with Chris, Fred, Keith, Griz, and the beautiful miss Kati at a very nice bayside restaurant in Tacoma. It was indeed a honor to be there with them and a joy to see these fine vets togeather. Laughter and hugs flowed like a beautiful stream. I enjoyed seeing dear Keith, and that wonderful Bear of a man Griz, and Kati again. After lunch, We shanghai'd Fred and took him to our place on the river. Coming out of the valley we even seen a herd of elk. Then we crossed the lower Olympic Peninsula and arrived in Bremerton, Just in time to catch a starlit cruise to Seattle on the Ferry Walla-Walla . We hope Doc enjoyed the day as much as Chris and I did. This friday. We will meet up with him and his wife Shirley for another day of sightseeing some of Washington's treasures. I know I will like Shirley just as much. I know we have made new friends. And you can never have too many friends.....Joan Irisheyes
Old 11-06-2002, 10:36 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Irisheyes!

Ya'll actually love Doc Fred cause' ya can't understand him! I could have interpeted for you......he was saying "dam these people sure nuff do have funny accents!" We didn't like him as much in SC cause' we knew what he was saying. (LOL)

Ya'll will love Shirley, I guar-ren-tee!

How wonderful that "you all" got together. Deb and I would have loved to have been there. Sure sounds like one beautiful place.

Packo

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 11:26 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

So glad you all are getting together, makes my heart smile even if I am a little jealous. Fred is a special healer for sure, he has been through a lot himself but always finds time to somehow understand and bring comfort. To over a dozen men Fred was the angel and their guardian - I don't know how he did it, but I believe they felt his comfort when they needed it the most. --------- and that brings me some level of comfort. God bless us one and all.
Old 11-06-2002, 04:54 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

She is right on of her discription of Doc Fred. He even slammed down some raw oysters with us. I'll update again after fridays visit. But my advice to anyone out there is if your close to anyone or travel close to anyone on the net arrange to meet them. It'll be a real treat for both of you.
Old 11-06-2002, 05:07 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking Yep, you're right!

Couldn't understand em but he sure was sweet. No really he talked so slow we could all understand. A sweet gentleman.

Those Puget Sound oysters: Griz's test of manhood.

Keith
Old 11-06-2002, 07:03 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default It took a while...

...But I think I've figured it out...

...They keep movin state to state cause they really is "Bonnie, and Clyde incognitos, runnin around all them stolen cars they keep showing up with...
...differnt towns, does Fred still have the beard, and cane???

...now that we're on to him, he'll be gone off somwhere else, just watch....

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk