Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-02-2003, 08:20 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Talking GREETINGS, SALUTATIONS, FELICITATIONS, and most of all - TRUTH

?The sincerest of invitations?

Depending upon who you believe, the word ?POLITICS? can either mean:

Skillful, ingenious, shrewd, artful, crafty. sly, cunning, wise, prudent or expedient!?

?RIGHT FROM THE GIT-GO, I CAN AVOW WITHOUT HESITATION THAT I POSSESS NONE OF THE ABOVE!!?

Others insist that ?POLITICS? is derived from ?POLI? as in many, and ?TICK?, as one of numerous, flat, leatherly, blood-sucking arachnids (Spider- Family)

The word ?DEBATE? on the other hand, is listed as a discussion of any question, argument, dispute, deliberation, or a formal contest, conducted between persons taking opposite sides of a question!

In today?s world (Especially In Today?s World!), POLITICAL DEBATE is the fuel of thought and the manna (food) of change and exchange!

John Adams, Second President of the USA once said that: ?The essence of a free government consists in an effectual control of rivalries. I must study politics and war, so that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics, philosophy, geography, natural history, architecture, navigation and commerce etc!?

?Politics is not the art of the possible?, said John Kenneth Galbraith in 1969, ?It consists in choosing between the disastrous and the unpalatable!?

?Politics is the science of who gets what, when and why!? Sidney Hillman (1944)

Herbert Hoover once said: ?What our country needs is a good big laugh. If someone could get off a good joke every ten days, I think our troubles would be over!? Hoover, our 31rst President, uttered these words right in the midst of the Great Depression, in 1931?!

?Now let?s have some fun and raise some political hell - They are out there, and they are listening!? Hardcore - 2003

VERITAS