Contributor 
Talking Dubya & Ali

In Phoenix, AZ, yesterday
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2010, 02:50 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Cool We misunderestimated him: Bush's memoir sells 2m copies in a month - nearly as many a

We misunderestimated him: Bush's memoir sells 2m copies in a month - nearly as many as Bill Clinton's sold in six years

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 8:29 PM on 23rd December 2010
Move over, Wordsworth! Former President George W Bush, famous for his 'Bushisms', has sold two million copies of his memoir

For someone who mangled words on a regular basis, it's an impressive feat.

Former U.S. President George W Bush's memoir has sold an astonishing two million copies since it was released in early November - and it's not even in paperback yet.

'Decision Points', published both in hardcover and e-book form, is flying off the shelves, the Crown Publishing Group says.

By contrast, former president Bill Clinton's memoir, 'My Life', has logged sales of 2.2million copies since it was first published in 2004.

A spokesman for Crown called the performance remarkable.

He claimed he could not think of any other hardcover nonfiction books in 2010 that had sold even one million copies, much less two.

In 'Decision Points,' Mr Bush recounts the inner workings of the White House and his administration following the September 11 attacks, including decisions that led to the wars in Afghanistan in Iraq.

He recounts parts of his childhood, speaks lovingly of his family and wife, and wonders about how history will judge him.

As for whether there are any of the infamous Bushisms in it - you'll have to read it to find out.

Gotcha, Bill: Mr Bush's book, left, has sold nearly as many copies in a month as former President Bill Clinton's has in six years

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz194YwavHm

Old 12-25-2010, 06:16 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I firmly believe, that once people make an unbiased assessment of GWB's life and accomplishments, there will be a much kinder opinion of him. Notably absent from this crowd will be the pathological haters, who cannot be convinced with a 2 x 4 up against the head, but I like the idea of using that form of persuasion!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 12-26-2010, 03:38 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Off to the PI for a while and this time to a real rural area; way North on Luzon to Cagayan Province. Kind of like the Amish there in that they prefer the old ways. Electricity is there, but not many sign-ups . Horse drawn carriage for transportation and the caribou does all the rice field tending and produce hauling, etc. Rice, corn, Mellon and Tobacco are the principal agra items trucked to Manila. Seems a fitting place to delve into the Pres Bush book, but I'll have to do it by other than electric lighting. But that's real world and in many ways Pres. Bush had to come to grips with the real world. His predecessor is getting some real world education and finding out things aren't so nice out there and finding that the life whilst self-strapped across the real world third rail, it takes a lot more than tall talk and lofty rhetoric to become credible and not have everything run up the US behind by countries like Mexico, etc.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:47 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Sir Bill,
Well stated indeed! Reality doth strike harder than myths.
Fair seas and return healthy.
BHB

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 01-03-2011, 10:13 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Interesting start, however, the little one was more interested in the Melba toast Lolo Oobee brought along.Oh well, one size doesn't fit all I guess.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 164092_1756444440636_1524725296_31833069_4922674_n.jpg (70.2 KB, 5 views)
Old 01-04-2011, 09:06 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Scamp,

That adorable child holding aside, you nailed it good & proper with that: "It takes a lot more than tall talk and lofty rhetoric to become credible...". I never once believed that bogus: "I pray to Jesus every night" political expediency and/or BULL from one Muslim Madrassa Schooled.

However, it truly is too bad that SOLELY The American Citizenry are likely suffering severest of consequences from such constantly NAIVE (At Best???) Political BS.

Besides China & many enemy nations in general,...ever wonder whom else profit or fair better from current administration obviously being so-damn-appeasing to most hostile foreign governments worldwide?

Also, is it legal for both Americans & now even foreign nationals to contribute & reap $uper benefit$ from results of American political campaigns?

I used to believe such Political-Profiteering or Political Pay-Offs were ILLEGAL in America, & solely & basically the norm of what called: "Third World Nations". How low can we go???

Neil
Old 01-04-2011, 11:38 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Remember during the Clinton Administration a guy was convicted of funneling money into Clinton's campaign funds from China.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:59 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Neil

I reckon as how all politicos are taxi dancers, just a matter of degree and as to who buys the most tickets. And it is rare that the stump talkin the talk equals the actual dancin the dance. That said, its quiet obvious that Mexico City has been buying cubic tons of dance tickets and has high expectations of a long and sweaty dance inside the beltway. Grief, Calderon got the single sided congressional clap for being Arizona’s principal, primo, number one antagonist and cross border bully-thug. Then CA caught the Calderon jet blast for considering legalization of MJ and then subsequently, and of a sudden, the US AG was all over it and a barking like a pit bull and taking- up some serious buttocks biting. That dance set is called don’t mess with Mexican criminal cartel human and dope smuggling routs, extortion, and human slave market operations in Arizona. And then, and especially just then, don’t even think about tinkering with Mexico’s horrendous illicit cash crop of MJ coming into CA, nope, for sure that’s beltway bad dog, muzzle slapping event. There will be no happiness in Mexico City if CA were to legally grow and market pot, bet on that.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:06 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Scamp,

I just don't know about that: "All of a sudden the US AG was all over it...", or: "Over" anything else sensible & worthwhile for that matter?

Obama's top Political Enforcer Eric Holder attacks only those Barry or Barack Jr. orders HE attack (mostly lilly white conservatives of press, TV & radio).

Any Holder blusterring against tight friends (actually quite suspect of intent friends of color) like Calderon & Chavez is purely Show-biz.

I'll betcha both Foreign Rulers from The South contributed quite heavily for America's purposefully kept wide open & insecure border advocate Democrats. Dems winning in 2008 most certainly worked well for "Them" (plus Terrorists). Turned out terrible for We Americans.

It's currently almost as if Venezuelans, Mexicans & Muslim Terrorists have their very own personal ports of entry for sneaking bodies, coke, MJ, nukes or whatever into the USA.

And just what-in-the-hell is the very best that AG Eric does about such a sick national wartime reality? SUE Arizona as: "His Barackness" has so decreed!

Amazing isn't it, Scamp? Fiji & Bora-Bora are obviously more Safe & Secure (wiser also) than America.

Neil