The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-28-2002, 05:07 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default A Rainy Day In A Foggy Town

Its raining cats and dogs and I'm standing by the wall heater watching the Oaktown Bullies rip ass on the poor old KC Chiefs. Ya watching Tommy? I hope so. One of the many things I have to be grateful for this year, again, is the wonderful sports scene we have where I live.
Both baseball teams in the playoffs, the Giants in the Series, and both the Raiders and the 49ers in the playoffs AGAIN!!! Our cup runneth over
I love this weather, its our serious winter. All the reservoirs get topped off and the air gets cleaned. I wouldn't like it any worse, snow is fun now and then but not to live in steady
I stand here thinking about when I was young and all of us would crowd around the floor heater. I think about all the times I couldn't come out of the rain and I'm grateful for the guys out in it now who are doing it for us. God bless. Fight with what you have untill relieved. Take care--this means YOU, Ron
This year was full of miracles, I hope the next one is also.
happy New Year all

James
Old 12-28-2002, 07:16 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 
Default James

Was thinking of you when I watched that game today.You guys have got some SERIOUS rain goin on down there.Here on the Olympic Peninsula,I judge the severity of the rain by how far, ie:inches,that it bounces off the road, with a 2 incher being a good rain,a 3 incher a deluge,etc.,etc. I estimated a 3-4 incher in Oakville today,but keep in mind that it was bouncing off a round helmet!GOOD ONE!

Peace,Griz
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2002, 07:31 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post James

James,
I was watching the game. I remember rain like that once when I lived in California. Just think the people in Forks, WA live in that stuff year around. Lord, please don't send me to Forks. Its been rain snow mix all day here. And this is the desert. I heard on the news that the snow pack is getting up to nearly normal.

Have a great day James, I still like to have you for a running mate.

Keith
Old 12-29-2002, 04:45 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Re: James

Quote:
Originally posted by Keith_Hixson
James,

Have a great day James, I still like to have you for a running mate.

Keith
Sorry Keith
Too many skeletons in the closet. If they were to find out about the transvestitism, the ritual animal abuse and the false teeth made from Kryptonite that secretly transmit messages into space, it'd be all over. Too bad how just a few bad habits can taint a man's political future. I coulda been a contender, Joey...I coulda been a CONTENDER!
I have enough trouble with th paparazzi already and its too much like hard work--you know I'm a liberal on welfare and all this rain on me while I'm standing outside with a sign looking pitiful is increasing the revenue stream.
I'll be your campaign adviser tho, the Karl Rove to the George Bush--they don't get asassinated so often. Free advice and full of it! I'll tell you all the secrets of the Secret VooDoo Democrat Kabala, the handshake and recognition signals, How To Call For Help When Faced With Great Danger, for less than the cost of a major appliance!

james
Old 12-29-2002, 04:51 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Re: James

Quote:
Originally posted by phuloi
Was thinking of you when I watched that game today.You guys have got some SERIOUS rain goin on down there.Here on the Olympic Peninsula,I judge the severity of the rain by how far, ie:inches,that it bounces off the road, with a 2 incher being a good rain,a 3 incher a deluge,etc.,etc. I estimated a 3-4 incher in Oakville today,but keep in mind that it was bouncing off a round helmet!GOOD ONE!
Griz

7" of rain (regular measure) last weekend on my dads house(Marin County) in one day. George Bush and Enron couldn't black Califonia out but God can whenever She feels like it, my dad's power was out for days

James
Old 12-29-2002, 07:46 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post Six inches in less than an hour.

Four summers ago we had a gully washer come through Ellensburg. A gully washer is a very intense local storm. In the Canyon between Ellensburg and Yakima it rained 6" in less than hour. Gullies washout. Causing large mud and rock slides across the highway and railroad tracks on the other side of the river. People living in the canyon had to be lifted out for food for about two weeks until the debri was cleaned up. We only had about 3" for the hour of rain in Ellensburg. (That's half of our yearly total). You get over an inch of rain in an hour it's really raining. I never saw such a black sky or so much rain come down at one time.

Keith
Old 12-30-2002, 12:49 AM

Distinctions
Default Keith

Yup..and it ain`t rained since,I bet?..ha ha

Peace,Griz
Old 12-30-2002, 01:56 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Cool Kati's Dad

We've got 10" of snow on the ground and it's the heavy type. Christmas Day it was snowing side ways, remember that? And these folks complaining about a little rain... Aint no thing, nothin at all. If you don't have to shovel what falls it aint sh!t.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 12-30-2002, 06:36 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Re: Kati's Dad

Quote:
Originally posted by Andy
We've got 10" of snow on the ground and it's the heavy type. Christmas Day it was snowing side ways, remember that? And these folks complaining about a little rain... Aint no thing, nothin at all. If you don't have to shovel what falls it aint sh!t.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Andy
I ain't complaining!!!!!
No, bragging!!!!
Nothing more I'd hate than having to spend a half hour shoveling environment out of my driveway so I could GO TO WORK! It'd spoil my whole day. I'd rather have the earthquakes, I stagger and lean on stuff a lot anyway.
I said that wrong about my dads house--it was 7" in one hour.

James
Old 12-30-2002, 01:59 PM

Distinctions
Default Annette`s Husband

How well I remember the old sideways snowing Nor'Easters of New England.The last year I lived in Massachusetts(1973?)I made a bundle plowing snow with my 1941 Dodge w/an 8' Meyers snow plow.It was actually an old Army 4x4 that the guy I got it from had tricked out.That truck was an animal!Knew a guy who I called Sgt.Bilco on the AF base on Cape Cod who supplied me w/parts.6 brand new military nobbies for 50 bucks...Shhhh.. :cl:

Peace,Griz