The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-21-2008, 09:37 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Talking Christmas With the Troops on Blog Talk Radio

Christmas With the Troops on Blog Talk Radio

I host a show on BTR, Blog Talk Radio and today I found out about a unique show being planned for Monday, December 22, 2008. There is going to be a 6 hour show spread across different show hosts that will be live with the troops in Afghanistan and Iraq. It will be a chance for them to send messages home and to talk to us during this Christmas season.

It sounds exciting and the chance to interact with those on the frontlines in this war on terror is priceless.

Go here for the details and I hope everybody tries to make a little bit of time to attend. I also encourage everybody to call in to the show and give your well wishes and encourage all of your friends, elected officials, hometown heroes and anybody else you have pull with from athletes to entertainers to attend.

A little more information regarding the site I linked above. The site owner is a woman named Knottie. Knottie lost her son in Iraq this year, however when her son's unit from the 101st Airborne returned from Iraq a few weeks ago she drove from Oklahoma to Tennessee to welcome them home. Her son was the only one lost out of the unit. She is simply one helluva of a woman.

http://lighthouseontheright.blogspot...blog-talk.html

Christmas With the Troops

About a week ago I was asked by a Solider in Afghanistan what I thought about doing a blogtalk radio show for the troops. A show that the guys who are way from home this Christmas could send in messages and have them read, request songs and hear greetings from home. Instantly I was smiling. One I was thrilled with the idea and two honored that those who are serving would ask me to be involved. They had already contacted one host and I was able to help bring 2 other shows on board with this project. I want to thank the man who's idea this was, Cpt Kevin, for not only thinking of this but for involving me. Please if you can join us... it should be a fun and touching evening.

Three Blog Talk Radio shows are banding together to air a six hour Christmas show that is all for the troops. Chandler’s Watch, Buffman and Wrench and Do the Right Thing are going to broadcast back to back to back on Monday December 22nd starting at 6pm CST for our men and women in Iraq, Afghanistan and any of our military who will not be home with family this holiday season. The show will include music, guest and reading messages from and to the troops.

We have a special email address set up for the troops to email a message to their families to us that will be read over the air (internet). Christmas4troops@yahoo.com (All emails will be deleted after the messages are saved.)

We will also have some celebrity guests coming on to send a message to the “guys”. Not meaning to drop any names but so far we have:

Tim Colceri The psycho door gunner from Full Metal Jacket

Kevyn Major Howard Rafterman from Full Metal Jacket and Founder of Fueled by the Fallen http://www.fueledbythefallen.com/

Congressman Duncan Hunter Capt. Duncan Hunter is a Veteran of OIF and OEF

Evan Sayet Comedian and Political Speaker

Dr Blogstein

The RumbleJetts

Soldier's Angels

Kaye Johnston from the Sugar Plums

Paul Maurtuano "Paula Abdul Stalker Song"

Slidawg and the Ramblin Rednecks

Victoria Jackson from Saturday Night Live

International Comedian David Naster

Dr Danger American Stuntman

Debra J Smith Informing Christians