The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-27-2002, 10:43 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Default Tina

those babies are so much wiser than many of us if we would just listen to them...

Reading down through these post it struck me how blessed we are to be in the company of such wise and good brothers...

their thoughts are the Father's gift of comfort to you today...

here now..let me hug you little sister...

I love you sweetheart...

Arrow>>>>>

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2002, 11:19 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Crying not only helps psychologically it causes some "sad" chemicals to be excreted in the tears. I can't remember the specifics but I do remember you literally shed sadness when you cry. I've cried a lot, wish I could cry some more. Hang in there, sweets.
Old 01-01-2003, 12:38 AM

Isn't it strange how you come across the most unexpected things at he most unexpected times. Here it is New Years Day [for me] and this is the first time I have seen your thread. I know we have had words privately and I am grateful you took the time to respond to me. What is wonderful about being a human being is that we understand understanding. Even if we, as an individual, have not experienced such a traumatic event, as yours in our own lives, we understand.

We may not feel the depth of the hurt but we understand it. Veterans are probably the most understanding group of human beings on this planet because they not only understand they feel.

I was moved by the actions of Dalton because he has understanding beyond his years. That unselfish quality that I have no doubt you have had a part in developing in him. And the love you have expressed for him is a blessing in disguise. None of us know what God intends but some of us meet people who we 'know' are angels. Maybe John Allen is destined to be an angel to comminucate with those of very tender years.

In my heart I feel that Dalton is one special little boy. It maybe God wanted you to divert your energies from your lost little one into Dalton. Maybe there is something in that little boy that God wanted you to nurture and revere.

Inner strength is something deep within each of us but we often don't know the limit of that strength. God knows what it is and how to extract it from each of us. He tests of our strength and resovle and although painful, makes us stronger and better individuals and thus better, as a collective species.

Some of us suffer a huge loss during our lives; others gain strength from the strength displayed by those who have suffered. However, in the end we ALL share a common trait - compassion and empathy.

Try and rise above death as a loss. I know it is difficult, but to make a life worthwhile, no matter how short is was, all the positive effects of that life must be remembered. In that way the spirit of the departed lives on forever. If the spirit of John Allen lives on in your heart and soul, which I know it does, those nearest to you will benefit from the light which you will radiate.

Dalton is evidence of that light shining through.

My prayers are with you and I trust your inner strength carries you though this most devestating time. Look into the eyes of Dalton and I'm sure you will 'see' God at work.
Old 01-01-2003, 03:33 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to masher51
Default Sorry

Dear Tina
Please accept these simple words of sorrow from me to you on the loss of your dear son.The others here have said many things
that I too am feeling.I can't begin to imagine losing one of my kids as the pain would be nearly unbearable.Tina,just trust God to comfort you as He is only a prayer away.
Hoping for you & your family to have a happy New Year!
Warmest Regards,
masher
Old 01-01-2003, 07:35 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

I've always loved 3 year olds. They are marvelous people at that age.

Some small amount of time has passed and hopefully the pain has turned into an ache.

Mothers never forget a child they lost. He is lost to you but forever warm and safe in heaven.

Joy
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote