The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-06-2006, 08:46 PM
Doc.2/47

Default VA Voc. Rehab.?

I've got an appointment with those folks this coming Tues. and don't really have a clue what they're all about. Can anybody share some info?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2006, 04:09 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Haven't got a clue, but good luck.

Ron
Old 09-07-2006, 04:36 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Hal, yes.

You could literally go to Law School, Med School, etc. on Voc Rehab. It is for service connected veterans to be retrained for a new vocation. All tuition, books, supplies, etc. are paid for, except room and board, and you get extra money each month. If you were going to learn mechanics, they would buy you a complete set of tools and pay the school.

I question, at your age, whether or not a new vocation is appropriate, but go hear what they say. You'll also be tested to see what your interests are etc. I got my Masters on this program but that was years and years ago. I found the voc rehab people to be some of the nicest in the VA system.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 05:18 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Hal
Go to flight school......tell em you wanna fly 747's
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 09-07-2006, 05:24 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Be an astronaut, John Glen did it, again.

Bring me,
Thats one of my goals in life, (To pee on the moon)

Ron
Old 09-07-2006, 10:15 AM
Doc.2/47

Why Hell,Packo, of course getting a vocation is appropriate!
Ain't never had one-just been playin with this other stuff while I figgered out what I wanted ta be when I grew up.

Gotta remember that I never fooled around with the VA until fairly recently-didn't know I had SC disabilities until they told me-and I'm still trying to understand this stuff. When I hit 30% they told me Voc. Rehab. was avaliable but I didn't think anything about it.
Being unemployed from March until recently got me wondering if maybe I ought to check. Not working doesn't hurt my feelings at all-but not getting paid surely does. Since it was offered, I figgered I'd call em up and see what they do and if that might help. About all they told me was that I needed to get an appointment to find out anything. So I did. Going Tues.

While tryin to track down a job, I got to looking at some Fed. Gov. jobs on their web site and some of those looked pretty nifty. Believe it or not-some folks get paid to hang with other vets. Not sure I qualify for some of those but found out that some kind of OJT can be gotten through Voc. Rehab. and that's kinda what I'm thinking about.

Bob-
How many parts does a 747 have? Are they likely to come loose?

Ron-
Peein in one a them space suit thingies may give you a warm an fuzzy feelin; but doubt you'll be able to write your name in the moondust.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:39 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Doc
Ya pee into a blader, the blader is then directed to the atmosphere, and the pee flys all over cause of the back pressure.
I didn't say it would be pretty , its just a goal I set a long time ago.
People ask (or they used to ask) What is your goal in life and I would say My Goal is to pee on the moon, Not only that, But, I ment it. I would like to go to the moon. as long as I was there I might as well do my goal, But getting there is the trick.

Ron
Old 09-07-2006, 10:45 AM
Doc.2/47

Sure hope you have a good seal between the bladder and your...uh...organ. Vaccume sucks.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:57 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Doc,
The moon has atmosphire, Its about one tenth earths. So, the plan was to see how far I could pee, on earth its about 5 feet so on the moon it should be arount 50 feet, That would have been very cool and the pictures would be even better.
You wouldnt want to try to pee in the vacuum of space, wow,

Ron
Old 09-07-2006, 12:30 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Hal
Being a pilot is your calling.....Im sure the VA will supply you with a roll of duct tape. Get your speech ready for when you board the plane with your capt. hat cocked to one side and psycovet tee shirt on. You can start off with something like " This is your captain speaking. We will be cruising along at 50 ft because I dont like heights. and if there are any terrorists among us, I feel I should warn you that I have more weapons of various sizes in shapes in the cockpit then all you MF'ers have in your entire group. Now ya'll sit back and enjoy the flight"

Bob K

God bless the ACLU