The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-12-2003, 06:13 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Here's an example of real leadership!

California Gov. Gray Davis' campaign may not be completely in the toilet after all. Mr. Davis has taken a stand against dirty school bathrooms, announcing his support of legislation that makes clean bathrooms a priority in the spending of maintenance funds.
"Clean and working facilities are elements of a well-run school and important to student health," said Mr. Davis, a fastidious dresser who never has a hair out of place.
"This bill will give districts additional flexibility to use deferred maintenance funds to keep school restrooms clean," he said, according to Reuters.
Assemblyman Fabian Nunez, who wrote the "Clean School Bathroom Bill," conceded his measure had no enforcement mechanism, but threatened a tougher bill in the future unless schools crack down on unsanitary bathrooms.

[Now, bet that'll quieten all those critics of how Davis has governed the state! If there was evidence of the inmates running the asylum, this is it.]

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2003, 09:13 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Say what? Is this a funny bone seastory Col.? Ya got to be kidding. Why in the world would it take a Guv to sign a bill to get school janitors to clean the heads? Every time I hear about some of this Cal. stuff, I get a mental image of skid marks on the road, a hole in a fence and some smoking, smoldering, upside down hulk out in the pasture. Does all this mean that the heads haven?t been kept clean, goodness. :ek:

scamp
Old 09-12-2003, 09:34 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Exclamation

HEY GENTS -

A clean bathroom, is a politically correct bathroom! (LOL)

VERITAS
Old 09-12-2003, 10:04 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

There it is HC, I should have known. Now all we got to do is teach the kiddos the PC way to pee and such and its problem encountered, problem solved. Maybe there is some genius in it all at the end of the day, LOL.

Scamp
Old 09-12-2003, 10:14 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Scamp

Somehow, I think that a "Humor" thread ought to be added to this site, as some of the "stuff" out there would fit more appropriately there. When I initially read the story, I thought somebody had submitted the Mad Comic Book Version of the news for what in fact passed as a "real" item of interest. As it turns out, it's just another example of how bad things can turn out when they're micromanaged! Glad you enjoyed it!!

Scouts Out!!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 09-12-2003, 11:44 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Scout :

I saw this somewhere else and thought I had stumbled across the Onion ( sarcasm and fiction ) .. but no, it is true. I will be glad when the California circus / recall / funhouse is over.

Thanks for posting this.

Larry
Old 09-12-2003, 12:14 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Lightbulb

GENTS -

In my opinion, interjecting a little humor now and then is a healthy thing. Serious debate must (at times) be tempered with humor, it being the backbone of sanity!

Besides, most people in our nation possess a great sense of humor, considering what we so often elect to public office!

"NO LOL INTENDED!"

VERITAS
Old 09-12-2003, 03:21 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Larry

Don't blame the "Can't We All Just Have Clean Potties" law on the recall efforts. Instead of telling the citizens the obvious, like keep the toilets clean, he has to make a big deal out it, as if it a great legislative coup.

Old 09-16-2003, 11:17 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

The guv out there jus' wanted to have things ready for when his administration goes down the crapper...