The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-18-2006, 10:44 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Herrmanns' Royal Lipizzan Stallions performing this weekend in Brantley Co. GA

I don't know how many folks here have had the privilege of seeing Herrmanns' Royal Lipizzan Stallions perform? But, if you live anywhere close to Waycross, GA this weekend the famous horses that General Patton helped save from the Russians during WW2 will be here. This is the URL to read about the show this weekend Oct 20th -22nd 2006 http://www.wareopednews.com/Summerli...arm_Events.htm
and here is the link to read about the horses
http://www.hlipizzans.com/framepage1.htm
I got to visit with Col. Ottomar Herrmann in 2002 the last time they performed at Confederate Farms here in Brantley Co. Mr. Herrmann had nothing but praise for General Patton and the USA for helping him save his family and their horses from the Russians. Mr. Herrmann passed away last year and his Daughter now runs the Show.

Charlie Summerlin(who owns Confederate Farms) is a good friend of mine and he is a Motorcycle enthusiast and a Vietnam era veteran and supports a lot of good causes with the facilities he has built at his farm here in Brantley Co.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:36 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Jerry

My wife and I have seen them perform every year since we moved back to Florida in 2001.

Their 'winter' training facility is in Manatee county a few miles nothwest of Sarasota FL. near Lakewood ranch (about 40 miles south from my home) and they hold twice a week 'practice', or training performances that are open to the public. Usually every Thursday & Friday. They have an outdoor grandstand that seats about 1,500 guests and it's nearly always full.

These are absolutely the most magnifcent and talented equines that ever walked the face of the planet!

You're right, if folks have never seen them, they should make every effort to do so.

And we've got old 'Blood & Guts" Patton to thank for them!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 04:21 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

They are part of our military history both Beautiful and deadly ,Back in the Medevil times they could unseat a KNight on Horseback,
I bet they are great to watch practice at their facilties in Fla. My wife went over to see them work the horses this morning.and she enjoyed visiting with the horses and their trainers.
Old 10-22-2006, 09:21 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Today was the last day of the Horse show and it was great! The wife and I went all three days (my wife took pictures for the Farm Owner Charlie Summerlin) here is a link to see the horses perform off of their Virginia show in July they will be heading home to Fla this week and wintering there now till next spring.