The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Veterans > Veterans Benefits

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2006, 10:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to rags
Question ptsd help?

Hi hope this finds evryone well.I just want to thank everyone for all of the advice and support you have given us since we joined the PF. And now, we have another question."Rags" and i have moved to NC and were told to go the VA in Asheville,as it is closest to our place now.Well, perhaps we were spoiled at the VA in West Palm,because this one in Asheville is ridiculous. i know i dont have to bore you with all the particulars,but i have to argue for him to get to see a psch. for5 mins. and they were surprised at the term CRISIS CENTER( THEY DONT HAVE ONE THERE). It s nothing to wait in tge ER for 7 to 8 hours only to deal with a dr. that does not listen.Antway, does anyone know of a ptsd clinic or facility near where we are now(Waynsville,NC).Some other vets that were waiting in the er with us told us the one in Raleigh is good, but that s quite a ways from where we are now.i am trying not to complain actually, but i love Bob and it took him a long time to get here and i would like to get him all the help i can. Thank you all again and God Bless you all. Linda N.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2006, 05:28 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I have only been, on a regular basis, to the Memphis facility. I spent 6 weeks in the PTSD in-patient program at North Little Rock.
I have watched different stories on TV about how some VA facilities are poorly run. I am sure some on here may have some ideas. I believe there is a patient advocate in most hospitals. I do not know if this works or not. There should also be a representative from some of the larger veteran groups, such as American Legion, VFW, DAV etc., on site, that can help, as well as some volunteer groups.... Before you go somewhere else, I would try to let these folks help. Is your husband a member of any of these organizations ? All the best.

May God Bless,

Larry
Old 06-23-2006, 05:40 AM

Larry, Thank you for your advice.i will definitely try what you have suggested. Thanks again Linda N.
Old 06-28-2006, 12:44 PM

Larry good advice. I know what they are going through. I went to the VA center in Chicago Heights, IL and was treated like I was lucky they were there for me. Well I told them shove it and went to Crown Point, IN and they handle several hundred of us a day and they do a good job. They even provide transportation to those who need wheel chairs or just a ride.

I was impressed with this VA center. Linda did you go to this VA center:

VA Medical Center North Little Rock
2200 Fort Roots Drive, North Little Rock, Arkansas 72114-1706
501-396-4444

Have you contact these people below to let them know you were not happy about the VA center you went to?

U S Government Veterans Affairs
Dept Of Medical Care Eugene J Towbin
Healthcare Center Va Drop-In Da
Little Rock, AR, 72201
(501) 257-4499

They may be able to get you into another center.

I know many hospitals often times have a small VA center office to help veterans. I wish I could help you further.

Good luck to you both

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 06-28-2006, 01:27 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I was the one that went to North Little Rock. They live in North Carolina ( Waynesville )

Larry
Old 07-01-2006, 08:28 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Rags

There are several places or options for you to get him help much closer to Waynesville than going all the way to Raleigh, N.C.

Each of these places have PTSD staff physicians & counselors at them. They should only be just a couple of hours driving time from your location. Get a good road atlas and you can see how close they are and how to get there.

########

Chattanooga Vet Center
951 Eastgate Loop Road, Bldg. 5700 - Suite 300
Chattanooga, TN 37419
Phone: (423) 855-6570 Fax: (423) 855-6575

########

Chattanooga VA Outpatient Clinic
150 Debra Rd Suite 5200 Bldg 6200
Chattanooga, TN 37411
Phone: (423) 893-6500
########

Charlotte Vet Center
223 S. Brevard St., Suite 103
Charlotte, NC 28202
Phone: (704) 333-6107

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 07-10-2006, 03:52 PM

Thank you guys, and God Bless you.i am trying everything for him,Asheville just isnt working, they treat us like they are doing him a favor,they had me hysterical this week and i try to stay strong for him as he always has for me. THANK YOU will keep you posted.Wondering in Waynesville Linda Nervi
Old 07-10-2006, 09:02 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Is your husband a member of the DAV, VFW, American Legion, or AMVETS ? If so, have you tried to get help thru them ?

Larry
Old 07-12-2006, 09:09 AM

Hi guys, spoke to service officer in our town and he referred us to our DAV rep in Asheville where we will be going next thursday.Thank you again everyone.i would love to be able to send you all one of my homemeade Italian cream cakes or Peanut Butter pies maybe someday.....linda Nervi