The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Veterans > Veterans Benefits

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2002, 08:53 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Smile Funny

The thought of a conservative being in charge of most anything in this state, that is funny. However, we are talking about the Federal Government so----.

The VA is saying my cancer is 100% if I am in treatment (or the 6 months following a treatment). After that pending an exam by a VA general practisioner it's 40% unless something new develops, like the cancer spreading to another area. I've explained and my doctor has verified that once you have small cell lymphoma which is Stage 4, it can't be killed. It can be fought and with some of the new civilian drugs, fought very well but a cure is out of the question.

By the VA awarding me 40% for cancer it gives me 70%. With the 30% for not being employable (because of the cancer) that makes it 100%.

I was going to appeal the 40% for cancer but felt I'd talk to a service rep first, as you know I have one year. Also planning on making a claim for loss of vision in my left eye (service connected due to grenade frags in '67). Also a claim for that annoying ringing in your ears you get after shooting a .50 cal. for days on end.

At this point I plan on being a real annoyance to the VA until I'm about 200%. That way if they want to revoke something, like saying, the shrapnel in my legs might have been from a lawn mower accident, I'm still collecting 100% while I fight them.

I don't hate stupid people but I do hate stupidity, that's what this is, clear and simple. Besides not only Southern boys enjoy a good fight. Fighting anyone has always been sort of a catharsis. So, no it will not stop here.

I keep thinking about the Korean or WWII vet who would read a letter like the one I got and just take it. Or be dead while he was doing the appeal. That's got to stop. Of course one man can't stop it all but maybe I can make the Boston office think, just a little.

Stay healthy,
Andy
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links