The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Veterans > Veterans Benefits

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-01-2005, 10:07 AM

Default Got a direct call from our IL Congressman today

What a shock. Called my house then my work place. Seems my email sent to Washington regarding the latest issues relating to the VA benefits being cut back hit a sore spot.

Obama was polite and said he would look very hard at getting our issues resolved. He asked me not to send any more emails to Washington. I asked why? It seems this email circulated all over the capital and he was asked to call me and get this resolved.

Unfortunately I didn't make a copy of the email I sent him but it hit some real sore spots up North. Talked to me for 15 minutes and I was a polite and just told him what I felt were the concerns of all of us.

I mentioned we were very tired of the disrespect we get as veterans and those who are in need - are looking for support. I'm not handicapted but I know many who are. I said this issue was not sitting well with the IL and IN vets and that we are not gong to sit around and allow this to take place.

I said the last thing this government needs is for us Vets to show up in Washington like they did during WWI - you ask us to cover our national interest but yet when we are back you turn your backs on us.

We are tired of the special interest groups who buy off our congressman for issues that don't relate to our countries best interest. We are tired of seeing our laundry in government being discussed on the media every night.

I told them they would have to clean up their acts or a revolution could be in the making. Take care of our own and make sure our people can eat and be educated. If not we will show up and the world will see such an event that they won't soon forget.

That's about the best estimate of what I sent on my email plus we talked about Iraq and how we don't want to see a cut and run take place. I said you got us into this mess lets get out with a honorable and face saving manor. Support our troops that you sent in and give them what they need to do their job.

This is the first time I put something in writing to any government official and I'm sure I said more than I said above. You guys keep asking for us to let our officials know well hey I made a small ripple in the system I guess. I only wish I had HC's grammatical writing skils I'm sure it would have made a bigger dent.

In closing he asked me not to send any more of these through the Washington channels - rather go direct to his IL or Chicago office. Hmmmmmmm I wonder why.

Gotta run

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2005, 10:20 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Good for you, Boats! You are an example of democracy in action, and I salute your efforts. Keep up the good work.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 12-01-2005, 10:35 AM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Boats...I owe you a drink or ten! Thanks for fighting for us!

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 12-01-2005, 06:02 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Thank

you Boats, from the bottom of my heart.

You are a fine example of how the "system" should work!

If more and more "vets" would take the time and expend the effort to do what you have done, maybe this 'stuff' would get better for all of us.

Once again, my deepest gratitude to you.

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:46 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Awesome Boats! Thank you Sir!

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 12-01-2005, 07:13 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Good Job Boats thanks from all of us
Old 12-01-2005, 07:34 PM

Send a message via AIM to Bill Farnie
Distinctions
VOM 

Other then a job well done on your part and maybe ruffling some feathers with your talk of a Vets revolution, do you think anyone in Washington gives a rats ass?

It is well that war is so terrible, or we should get too fond of it. General Robert E. Lee
Old 12-07-2005, 06:13 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Boats :

I think this episode is a bit odd, to say the least. Email or PM me and we can discuss it further. Thanks.

Larry
Old 12-07-2005, 06:16 PM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

Great job Boats! If you use outlook check the "sent items" box, you may have a copy of that email in there.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:06 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Good job, Boats.

That has gotta be a first, at least almost.