The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-06-2007, 06:09 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Cold in the north

For all those Up north that were wondering, Last month, when winter was going to be hear, Just take a walk outside. It's hear.
Hears a cool thing to do if your in a -degree location of America. Get a small pan of boiling water, and take it outside and fling it hard into the air. It turns to ice and snow before it hits the ground. You can't just dump it , you have to throw it (just the water) pretty hard (to break up the water) . Then you might want to go back inside , cause the neighbors have just wrote down some stuff about you.

Ron
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2007, 07:58 AM

Send a message via AIM to SparrowHawk62 Send a message via Yahoo to SparrowHawk62
Default Yup

Yeah, Ron it's finally gotten cold here in Lower New York State.
Single digit numbers with a wind chill well below zero.
Think I'll pass on tossing the water into the air, my noisy neighbors think I'm crazy as it is!

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 08:28 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post We've had a colder than average winter.

Our winter has been colder than average. But we haven't had extreme cold. We've had lots of near zero weather but nothing like we usually get. We've had lots of snow this year. Much more than normal. I'm ready for Spring. Snow on the ground since before Thanksgiving. That's a long time. I'm glad winter is finally moving East.

Keith
Old 02-06-2007, 08:46 AM

Wow, I'm feeling a little guilty for complaining that the low at my house was upper 50's. You just have to love sunny California.

Raggedy Ann
Old 02-06-2007, 09:52 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Kinda guilty also 68 here today
Old 02-06-2007, 10:28 AM

Send a message via AIM to SparrowHawk62 Send a message via Yahoo to SparrowHawk62

Reported from Central Park 02/06/2007 12:51 PM EST
Temperature: 22?F -6?C
Conditions: Fair
Winds: W 8 MPH W 13 KPH
Relative Humidity: 29%
Barometer: 30.16 Falling
Visibility: 10.00 Miles 16.09 Kilometers
Feels Like: 13?F

Not to bad right now, I'm North of Central Park by about 75 miles so our temperature is a bit cooler, 19 degrees F. That knocks the wind chill down to at least 10 degrees F.
Might get to the freezing mark by Friday, wow, almost a heat wave.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown
Old 02-06-2007, 10:53 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Sparrow
You know, Water is the only substance that expands when it gets hot and expands when it gets cold. Pretty strange. And it can't be compressed.

Ron
Old 02-06-2007, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 39mto39g Sparrow
You know, Water is the only substance that expands when it gets hot and expands when it gets cold. Pretty strange. And it can't be compressed. Ron
Yeah, it's some pretty wonderful stuff! Except when it get's into things like hydraulic lines, oil sumps, gasoline....

Old 02-06-2007, 11:48 AM

We got -2 now and 4-5" of snow falling right now and it doesn't look like it wants to stop anytime soon. Yesterday morning it was -11 (not a wind chill) add in 15-20 mph winds and now your cold. We've been lucky this year but normally about the 1st of Feb it begins to really chill out.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 02-06-2007, 12:05 PM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

This morning it was 0 at my house; colder than my ex-wife's heart!