The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-30-2011, 05:35 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Arrow 46% of GOP Primary Voters Who Favor Palin Might Back Third-Party Option If She Isn’t

46% of GOP Primary Voters Who Favor Palin Might Back Third-Party Option If She Isn’t Nominated

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Nearly half of the Republican Primary voters who support Sarah Palin say they are at least somewhat likely to vote for a third-party candidate if she does not win the GOP presidential nomination.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 46% of Likely Republican Primary Voters who favor Palin say they are at least somewhat likely to vote third-party if she isn’t nominated. That includes 22% who say it is Very Likely.

That puts the GOP in a tight spot since one-third (33%) of all likely primary voters say Palin is the front-runner they least hope wins the party’s presidential nomination.

Among all likely Republican Primary voters, 35% say they are at least somewhat likely to vote for a third-party candidate if their favorite candidate doesn’t win the nomination, with 13% who are Very Likely to do so. Most GOP Primary voters (56%) still say they are unlikely to vote for a third-party candidate if their favorite does not win the nomination, with 27% who say it’s not at all likely. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

While the third-party feeling runs strongest among Palin supporters, 35% of those who support former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee feel that way, including 13% who say they are Very Likely to vote third-party if he doesn’t get the nomination. Among those who back former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney, 31% say a third-party vote is likely, but only nine percent (9%) say it’s Very Likely.

Typically, voters who say they will abandon the party if their nominee doesn’t win eventually support the nominee. For example, during the 2008 Democratic Primary season, a fairly sizable number of Hillary Clinton supporters said they wouldn’t support Barack Obama if he won the nomination. But, given a choice between Obama and McCain, those voters came around and supported the Democratic nominee.

In early November when Rasmussen Reports first asked the question, those who said they were at least somewhat likely to vote for a third-party candidate if their choice wasn’t nominated ranged from 24% of Huckabee supporters to 31% of those who favored Palin.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...sn_t_nominated

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2011, 08:52 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Sounds like the best way in the world to get Obama reelected, split the Republican vote.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:25 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Wink

Tea party groups across the country are already getting together to assure that the primary winner will not win with a low percentage due to splitting the tea party vote.

We'll just have to wait and see who comes out on top in the primaries/caucuses.

There doesn't seem to be much discussion lately about people who don't bother to vote because there is so little difference between D & R and there is no hope of a third party candidate winning.

This, I think, is why the tea parties is so successful. They bring in people who have given up and work together to change the Republican party.

My opinion.

Joy

Old 01-31-2011, 10:50 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Cool

San Francisco Ground Report — pro-Palin posters replacing vile Leftist ones around town

Posted by kevindujan01

Covering over the nastiness directed against Governor Palin

The original posters, which the Left hung to smear Governor Palin after the Tucson shootings

Dear HillBuzz,

Purple and Gold Team member from San Francisco reporting!

I just got back from doing something have been thinking about for two weeks. Right after the shooting of Gabby Giffords someone in San Francisco plastered some posters of Sarah Palin on a wall on a street where there is a really strong extreme left pocket of people/shops, etc. Ok, most of San Francisco is extreme left, but this street is known as a hotbed of real extreme activism.

Anyway, the posting of these hateful posters made it into the San Francisco Chronicle, Drudge Rport, Lame Cherry, and other blogs made note of it. It bothered me so much, I wanted to deface them in some way that made sure no one could make out what they were.

Then I decided to respond in a different way. A more positive way. In a way that would really neutralize those who put the posters up. I wanted to really screw with their heads. A supportive poster of Sarah Palin in San Francisco?? Yes! That was the best way to respond! It would make people really scractch their heads. They would be complete puzzled by it.

So I put a plea out on Hillbuzz last week to help me make up a positive poster I could use to respond to these ugly and hateful posters of Sarah Palin. One kind reader, Susan, sent me a couple designs. I chose this one to use.

This morning I got up at the crack of dawn and I plastered these posters of Sarah Palin at the exact same spot the other ”enrage” posters were posted. I wanted to send these to you so you could do what you can with them. I think this is a GREAT example of the things we can do as Hillbuzz Team Members in the future. We need to really get out there and fight the left and use their own tactics against them…but in a way they would never expect. THIS is my first PURPLE Team completed task. Since it was also thinking outside the box, I think it was also a GOLD team task.

Hillbuzz, you have inspired me to do this. Now I want to inspire others to start taking things into their own hands. Start making some noise. Start countering those who attack us or Sarah Palin. Do things that the left would never expect us to do. A BIG
“thank you” for all the work you at Hillbuzz do! This one is for YOU, Kevin and Hillbuzz!

Palinpatriot
San Francisco

Dear Palinpatriot,

Thank you for using your creativity and craftiness to stand up for Governor Palin in your own way.

The Left is so accustomed to being unchallenged in the creative ranks that artists, designers, writers, musicians, and others with creative streaks perhaps have the opportunity to upset the Leftists the absolute most in the next year and a half between now and the 2012 election.

Just imagine if an entire coast to coast network of conservative artists forms and joins together in creating interesting projects like yours in San Francisco.

Republicans have never organized anything like this. Conservatives have just ceded creative grounds to the Left.

You are at the forefront of changing that.

Keep it up…and keep submitting Gold Team Action Items in the creative realm so we can all participate alongside you!

http://hillbuzz.org/2011/01/30/san-f...s-around-town/

Old 01-31-2011, 01:19 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default 1Cav,...

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!
Only thoroughly duped Fools would vote for any third party Tea Party presidential candidates.
Such pretty-much guarantees that a Democrat/Marxist/Progressive will win instead.

Hell,...Dem benefactor Perot actually gave us: "Slick Willy" or Oral Loverboy-In-Chief
Bill Clinton TWICE. What more proof do people need? George Wallace?

Neil