The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-28-2005, 06:12 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Vietnam Memorial near Angel Fire.

Stoped in there for a little while. Was a very beautiful area and the story behind it was very moving. I cried more than a little. Thank you Paco for the suggestion.

This is just a picture from the area, just liked it.

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2005, 02:47 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

It's a beautiful place, and an important story about how it came to be.

I saw it in 1996.
Old 07-29-2005, 09:00 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Melody,

Thanks so much for posting some pics. I've yet to email mine to David so he can post them. I had lots of sand in my eyes there also. Think it's because it's New Mexico.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 07-29-2005, 09:05 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

"ANGEL FIRE"

The Vietnam Veterans National Memorial
In Angel Fire, New Mexico

This Memorial is located in the beautiful Sangre de Cristo mountain range in Northern New Mexico. The Memorial was originally constructed by the family of Dr. Victor Westphall, whose son, David, was killed in a 1968 enemy ambush in Vietnam. It was maintained by the Disabled American Veterans (DAV); but, on November 9, 1998, ownership was transferred to the David Westphall Veterans Foundation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"MAGICAL PLACE, MAGICAL HAPPENINGS"

Story and pictures submitted by Steve Stickley from the Veterans Day Gathering at Angel Fire, 1996. Mystical things do happen and the healing begins.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pictures and stories from the 1996 Memorial Day Weekend at Angel Fire. The picture gallery will be added shortly. Ed St. Clair wrote this moving piece "Angel Fire 96" following his visit and meeting with his friends.

On 3-4 June, 1995, 17 members of VWAR-L , an internet-based forum consisting of Veterans, family, and friends, met at the Angel Fire Memorial to specifically honor three fallen comrades. The two sections following are tributes made during the ceremonies.

Mary Garvey's beautiful song "Angel Fire" which she wrote and sang at the gathering.

Dennis Koho's "Brothers" describes the feeling and compassion of the Angel Fire Memorial.

John Rossie's moving opening and closing remarks to the gathering of the clan at the 1st Annual VWAR pilgrimage to Angel Fire.

Michael "V-man" Viehman's dedication poem, "The Others."

V-man read this poem during closing ceremonies at the 1st Annual VWAR gathering at Angel Fire, 3-4 June, 1995.

A beautiful description of The Angel Fire Vietnam Veterans Memorial By Jim Belshaw.

Read about John Rossie's winter trip to Angel Fire."
Old 07-29-2005, 10:21 PM

Send a message via AIM to Gunner Carvo Send a message via MSN to Gunner Carvo Send a message via Yahoo to Gunner Carvo
Distinctions
Contributor 

http://www.angelfirememorial.com/

"Without me, the war will go on. With me, it could end." - me

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty." - JFK

"Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto."
(I bring not the rays of the sun but the thunderbolts of Jupiter)