The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-28-2005, 08:10 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Lightbulb Savy Lady!

Quote:
LONG BEACH ? Maria Shriver refused to take a stand yesterday on the political agenda of her husband, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, saying, "We all know what happens to first ladies who shoot their mouths off."
Maria Shriver, a member of the Kennedy Family by birth and the current First Lady of California, has leaned a cardinal lesson of politics. In a strictly political move that, in my opinion, was geared to find a back door through which to attack Governor Schwarzenegger?s policies (right or wrong), she refused to take a stand by saying, and I am repeating myself, ?WE ALL KNOW WHAT HAPPENS TO FIRST LADIES WHO SHOOT THEIR MOUTHS OFF!?

Being an independent cuss, I still support people on the basis of their perceived abilities, and not political parties! In other words, I vote for the man or woman that I feel to be the best suited to the needs of the general population, regardless of their political party, and affluence (or lack thereof).

If the individual is for all of the people, or as close to equally as possible, then that person gets my vote! "And believe me, I too have been misled and supported a real stinker or two in the past!"

A personal view of mine, however, is that even though a First Lady may be eternally in the limelight, she (and maybe even a he, some day), is ?NOT? the person that we elected to run the show! Granted, individuals like Mary Lincoln, Eleanor Roosevelt, Jackie Kennedy, Ladybird Johnson, and a few other strong-willed presidential sidekicks, have found the media is all over them. But when push comes to shove, it is the individual that we elect to the office, and not the wife or husband of same, that runs the show in accordance to the will of the people, or at least that is how it is suppose to be?

As such, I applaud the words of Maria Shriver Kennedy Schwarzenegger, at least as concerns shooting her mouth off! For if Arnie is going to step on his own tongue, as all politicos eventually do from time to time, then he don?t need the media attempting to attack him through the back door!!

VERITAS
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links