The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-24-2009, 07:06 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Darril, I just reread your post. I think your calling the new people fake special forces? Before I say any more, is that correct???
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2009, 07:07 PM

The last two US Servicemen KIA in Vietnam were those two Marine guards at Tan son Nut AB, when Vietnam fell in Apr 75 (unless you count the Mayaguez (sp) incident the following month.) While assigned to JCRC in 76 I had the honor to carry their caskets of an airplane in Uta Phao, Thailand.
Old 10-24-2009, 07:07 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

No! Absolutely NOT!

I am not going to get into Another argument about when the Vietnam War ended, Period!
Old 10-24-2009, 08:18 PM

I will tell you what I find interesting. I am Special Forces as are all the new Special Forces guys here that came to the defense of Farmboy. I know them all, met some of them and served with some of them. We all came from a highly vetted private SF site after Farmboy told us what happened here. So I sit back and see what went on and what is still maybe hinted at by some. Many of you have accepted us, but some may still have doubt. I find the whole thing amusing because I know the truth.
Old 10-24-2009, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfc_darrel View Post
So there is not only a big red button for fake special forces on this site.
This site is open, with a loose vetting process, so wannabees can get in as we was with Ronnabee. That will include Special Forces wannabees. Maybe I'm too sensitive but I have always felt that in Special Forces we have more than our share of wannabees claiming to be one of us. But I assure you there are a whole bunch of authentic SFers on this site, most of whom I know personally. If we find a phoney here, you will hear us scream louder than anyone at exposing them.

I am sure that it is only a matter of time before one shows up and you will see exactly what I mean. We will be just as "pleasant" towards any Special Forces wannabee as they were to Ronnabee on the Ranger site when he started to sling his BS over there. Hopefully we keep our language cleaner though.

If any of you want to check bona fides on any of the FNGs from Special Forces, I suggest you start with me. I can post my DD214 and DD215 if you want, but we all know those can be faked. I will cooperate 100% with anyone wanting to check me out through Mary Schantag and the POW Network.

But if anyone wants to check my bonafides quickly, without waiting for a response from a formal FOIA request, just shoot her an Email and ask her about Robert Pryor. She and I have worked together in the past exposing other wannabees. Well, she did all the work, I just gathered info and asked her to verify it.

If you don't want to deal with Mary, then contact Doug Sterner from the Home of Heroes web site. He and I know each other personally, and also have worked together on wannabee cases. If you don't want to do that, go to the Legion of Valor's web site, and use their search feature to check "Robert Pryor." If our nation's oldest veterans organization, yes it is older than the VFW, isn't good enough, go to the Military Times web site and click on the Hall of Valor data base and enter my name. The first person listed when you search "Robert Pryor" is me. Click on my name and it gives my DOB (01-31-49) and home town San Bernardino, CA. In the body it goes on to say that I was in Special Forces.

If you dont trust the publisher of Air Force Times, Army Times, Marine Corps Times, and Navy Times, get a copy of the book "Stolen Valor", turn to page 605, which is is appendix II, where you will find my name in the center column, close to the bottom.

I can't post URLs here, otherwise I would post a great many other links links for y'all to check. I am sure far more than you would care to read. Hell, I haven't even read them all myself.

Now if these things are not good enough for any of you, you will have to go forth with a FOIA request. Actually I would not be offended in any way if one of you, especially and administrator, would go ahead and do a FOIA request on me. Y'all need to learn how to do it any way, so you may as well practice with someone who's been encouraging you to do it when in doubt about anyone. Your first FIOA request will be a lot easier with a willing subject. That way when someone of questionable backgound comes along, you will already have experience with FOIA requests and you will know what they tell you.

By the way, Supercout is on page 600 of "Stolen Valor" also in Appendix II. Maybe a few others from this forum are in there too, but I don't know about that yet as I am a FNG here.

And there is one last thing to keep in mind. When I was doing the things mentioned in these data bases, and during my rescue, Mike Parks, farmboy to some of you, was on the radio. 'Nuff said about that!

Robert
Old 10-24-2009, 10:11 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

David
As I watch what is unfolding I have to say it gives me more confidence on the human spirit.
I know that sound’s corny but I have to say when all this wannabe stuff came up I was ready to bail.
As I wrote previously I’m a firm believer of the “benefit of the doubt” and that, those that stretch the truth will eventually be caught.
I believe we have a total case in point!
Remember all we are here to make are tiny little marks on history!!!

Dave
Old 10-25-2009, 05:56 AM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Darrel

I'm probably the biggest skeptic on this site. When 10 or more new people suddenly showed up on this site I thought it was Ronabie the wannabe using a couple different computers. Most people and I know they are who they say they are. I've been trying to tell them that I'm sorry people doubted them and I'm glad they are here and on PF-2.
Then you come along talking about 'BIG RED BUTTON FOR FAKE SF. Your hinting that there is doubt? When I asked you if you were calling them fakes you answered NO ABSOLUTLY NOT. What is it your trying to do?
Old 10-25-2009, 07:24 AM

I thought and hoped we were past this.
To be honest, none of us knows much more about anyone then what a person posts on this site about themselves.
I'm not sure I want to be part of a place that seems more intent on disagreement then cooperation and friendship.
Yes, we have been burned recently by a devious poser that took advantage of those who offered friendship and brotherhood.
I don't believe that we should continue to suffer because of this one man's dishonest and self-serving performance on this and other sites.
He is like a cancer that once discovered and treated into remission must forever more be guarded against with extra vigilance.
But let us not lose sight of what we are and what we need from this site.
I for one need you fellow combat veterans to help me continue down the path of healing.
Please don't throw this away.
Semper Fi
Old 10-25-2009, 01:44 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

To all the new Vietnam Veteran guys that came in during this chaos, Welcome Home.

SFC Darrel Miller, USA Retired
Old 10-25-2009, 01:52 PM

I'm confused. Could someone explain what is meant here?

Quote:
All new guys get looked at funny for a while. When their statements do not match information that long time members here have, they will be called on it. Example:
Quote:
The cease fire went into effect at 0800, 1 Jan 1973.

I am a Vietnam Veteran. Operation Just Cause was my last "Conflict". Stolen valor just pisses me off.