The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2003, 04:04 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up SID

That'd be 10:30 Sunday night. Thanks for the good wishes. We'll, for sure, post lots of pictures of James and I in our Psyco Vet hats.
Old 04-17-2003, 04:26 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Tom

When your driving north on Hwy 1 and you come across RT 9. turn left, If you get to an old rusted French tank , turn around your in Laos. Just before that is a place call Lang Vei, Might want to take your hat of there, A bunch of good guys didn't leave that place.

I don't know how you guys can do it. I couldn't

Ron
Old 04-17-2003, 05:29 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking I see you are a pig killer!

Need a therapist? I'm available!

Hey, If I come back east will ya take me pig hunting?

I wouldn't share it with them there psychos.

Keith
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 06:20 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up RON

We definately want to make it out that way, to Khe Sanh/Lang Vei. When I was up at the DMZ with the 82nd [got there the end of FEB68, right after Lang Vei was overrun], we didn't get over that far NE. About as close as we got was the N. end of the Ashau, just S. of Aluoi. I left the 82nd, and the DMZ, the end of MAY68.

I hope to make it up to Dak To. We'll for sure get up to Kon Tum. But, as you know, not much to see around Dak To. I would like to get some pictures for you and Manny [younger brother killed on Hill 875, as a trooper with the 173rd]. Pretty rough country, though. I don't recall any decent roads along the Dak Klong River. We flew in everywhere. Could possibly make it out to Ben Het. We'll have to see how it goes. I would like to try to find the SF camp at Toumarong. That was where the 2/502 was operating when I first got to the 101st. Also James' Bn, 1/327. ALOT of ghosts around there. I'm sure I'll be okay, though. Once I made the decision to go, I've really been trying to prepare myself mentally. Trying to go back as a tourist, more than as a returning combatant. I'll keep ya' posted, my friend.
Old 04-18-2003, 08:18 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Kid!

You guys take care and have a great time. Have a Ba Moi Ba for me! Don't smoke any Park Lanes........AND BE CAREFUL YOU OL' PARA YOU! Try and keep James in line.........don't think he can get in much trouble there since the people are all Social Democrats now! (LOL) You guys take care of each other and hope to talk at you before you leave.

Sid, sorry can't make the campout. Keep singin' " we got a pig in the ground and the beers on ice. All my rowdy friends are comin' over tonight!"

Ya'll be careful and have a great time!

Airborne!

Packo

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 10:08 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Dogo Argentineo

A pit bull the size of a great dane. They were bred to hunt bears with in Argentina. I found a web site in Dutch but it does have pictures. http://www.nmmc.nl/Dogo4.htm
Old 04-18-2003, 10:29 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Tom ---Frisco

Take a vehicle north from Plekeu on 14 , I don't remember the name of the village but you turn left on , I think it was 512, right in the middle of this village.
512 will take you to dak To.
Actually they were building another Dak To,
Dak To 1 and Dak To 2. Dak to 1 was a special forces camp
Dak to 2 was where the 69th armor, 4th inf. and 173 was .
Dak To 2 has a landing strip for C-130s. You can just barelly see 875 and they'r are no roads to it.
The road was dirt in front of Dak To , but because the VC would mine it every night they had it blacktoped before I left for another adventure.
I remember one night in Oct 67 when we were getting hit really hard, Mortors, rockets, testing our perimiter several locations. I ran down the hill in fromt of a 60 position where this lone guy was. I jumped in his fox hole with him, (Scared the shit out of him) and said Hows it going, got a light? He said what the hell are you doing here, I told him, Just visiting. I fired all 21 of my clips that night, (mostly at nothin) Then walked back up the hill, Never did get his name.

Ron
Old 04-18-2003, 10:59 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Wink RON

You're right about it being Rt. 512. That was the road out to Ben Het and beyond. I got to Dak To 1 in JUL66, and left for Kontum in OCT with the rest of the 101st. Glad to hear they paved the road. Dak To 1 was on the Westside [turn left at, I believe it was, Tan Canh?] of Hyw. 14. That's where we operated out of. That's where the airstrip was. The SF outpost of Toumorong was North of there. Present day Dak To [2] is on the Eastside of Hwy. 14. The 101st was sent up there, in I believe, MAY66. The SF camp was in danger of being overrun by NVA. They pulled out the SF and the CIDG forces ['Yards], and we took over the camp. 9JUN66 C co of the Oh Deuce was overrun by an NVA regiment. They called in an airstrike on their own position to make the NVA break contact. Dak To was an eerie, VERY dangerous place a year-and-a-half before the battle of Hill 875. Like I said, I'll try to get pictures.