The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Missing Persons

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-27-2002, 05:44 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to ptcjonesy_73
Default Look for a lost friend On Offutt AFB

My name is Linda. I'm in search of a good friend of mine on Offutt AFB Offutt, NE. We were only e-mail pals but the Love started. I last heard from Gary on Jan 06,2002 telling me he would be home that weekend, I have not heard from him since.

Does anyone have contact to or on Offutt? to help in contacting Gary?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2002, 11:58 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Linda,

I don't want to hurt you sweetheart and I can't say for sure if you have been taken for a ride down a dead end road. But it is very possible your friend did go home. To his wife. There are some redflags that have been formulated on the net for internet friendship/relationships.

You may have seen them but for others that haven't. Do a google.com search for redflags internet dating. Or warnings on internet dating and you will find a wealth of information.

Some of the most obvious:

If he/she is calling you from a cell phone and refuses to give you a home phone. He/she is married or hiding something.

If he/she calls you mostly daytime hours and rarely evening unless he is "away from home" he/she is married or hiding something.

If he/she allows no contact with his friends/relatives he/she is married or hiding something.

If he/she develops a terminal illness and does not allow you to have contact with anyone that you may inquire of their health he/she is probably not ill, and is married or hiding something.

If he/she seems anxious and nervous when you call other than appointed times he/she is married or hiding something.

If he/she tells you they are going to show and doesn't without any explanation he/she is probably home with his/her significant other that you have no knowledge of. Cut your losses and be glad they are few.

I wish you well. Don't be sad k? I know this is a difficult time for you. But you will find someone that you deserve if you will respect yourself and require that they respect you also.

It's not Love that hurts but the absence of it. It's not love that is the problem, it's the choices we make in those we decide to love. Making wise choices in those we give our love to is the key. Choose a person that has the ability to love and be loved. A person that will value your love and be determined to give love back. The good relationship begins with each partner believing they got better than they deserved. It takes seconds to say "I Love You", but a lifetime to show it. unknown

http://www.techtv.com/cybercrime/sho...318653,00.html

www.relationshipweb.com/odat/odatind.htm

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 06-02-2002, 07:37 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Sparrow you are right on.

Contact the Base Chaplain and explain your situation. Often they can give you some good answers. I know we did when I was in the Army many years ago. Sometimes (more often than not) the news may not be what you want to hear but at least you will know what's really going on.

Sparrow is a very fine lady and she has given some good advice.

Keith