The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-05-2004, 10:55 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Default James

We are responsible for the society we live in, yes that?s somewhat true. If we take that to it?s logical conclusion, I owe Rodney King financially because he was beaten by cops. A neighbor of mine had a house built by a contractor who totally screwed up the plumbing and the electricity looked like a 6th grade science project. Following your line of reasoning, as a contractor, that would mean you are responsible for that woman?s home. (?)

My younger son is a banker. One of his old Fraternity brothers helped him get the job. His friend is black, his friend?s family has lots of money, his friend?s family came to America in the 1940?s. Would Mike and his family be entitled to reparations? How much would it cost to look into all black Americans on a case by case basis? The government as you pointed out is running something of a deficit.

Point of fact: We have a trillion dollar deficit currently, that?s true. In 1945 the U.S. had more than a 3 trillion dollar deficit, and that in1945 dollars not 2004 dollars.

Can we agree on two actions that would level the playing field? Poor kids, regardless of race or whatever, should be given assistance in going as far as their abilities will take them. Also if a white and non-white apply for a position, if All other things are equal, allow the non-white first shot at the job, position, student placement.

James I?ll totally support reparations for black Americans once I see that the Romans have paid reparations to the Etruscans. The history of the world is all about one side wins, the other side looses. At one point in history every side was a looser. No doubt that?s why your family came to this country. That is certainly the reasons most blacks came here. They lost, they lost in Africa.

Last word: Everyone is entitled to equal justice under the law. How true, something I totally support. Fact of life, Lizzy Borden or O.J. for example, rich people get more justice that non-rich people. We live in a capitalist society, it has nothing to do with rights but rather cash. That said, I?ve never seen a defendant who?s civil rights were violated in any significant way get convicted of a significant crime. Honest!

Stay healthy,
Andy
PS: I swear I?ll stay sober enough so we can discuss things like this next April.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2004, 02:12 PM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Paco, would you believe

That I have a picture of James wrapped in the Georgia State Flag. (stars and bars Version). Yep sure do, My main computer died a couple of days ago so I am working on my laptop that dosen't have the pictures on it. I think there is one posted on the psyco mountain post. We'll work more on him next year.
Old 09-07-2004, 04:03 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Sid,

Yes, I saw that. Closet Confederates and wannabe Confederates. They are all over the place.

James,

Been busy around here as Frances has affected us too. Certainly not like Gimp, Tina, and the rest of Fla, but we've got tons of wind and rain...our ground is saturated, tornado warnings, and flooding. Again, nothing like Fla. Just wanted to let you know that I know your were kidding....and so was the "up yours". Notice I didn't sign it me.

Beau,

For the last time.....and I mean the last time. I DIDN'T change my user name. PACKO would not take. If David can figure out how to change it....fine. Other than that, give me a break on this crap. Don't mean nuthin'.

PACKO

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 09-07-2004, 05:50 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Andy
Never swear on something unless you mean it......,and we all know you dont mean it.

As far as names go. I find it hard to believe that someone would make a big issue over 4 letters stratigically positioned to spell out a proper name that he doesn't like. If there;s anyone out there that is offended by Bob K......OF WELL Im not changing.
There I go, scaring myself again.
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 09-07-2004, 05:54 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Beau :

Give me a call anytime to chat 901.386.7244

would love to discuss quantum physics with you.

stay healthy,

larry
Old 09-07-2004, 10:07 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I do believe racism among whites is less than a generation ago. Prejudice is another thing. I know I have prejudice. I try to concentrate on what I do instead of how I feel. I am proud of the fact my kids do not seem to have any prejudice at all. My daughter has dated blacks and my son goes to a predominately black church. You are right about all the things Cosby said applies to all except for the fact that the percentages are much higher among blacks. It is cultural not racial. As an example you just have to look into the old coal field areas of southwest Virginia. Drugs, crime, breakdown of the family, a sense of hopelessness combined with a sense of entitlement, it's all there and they are all Caucasian. Look at Indian reservations. They are no more than concentration camps without walls. Actually they do have walls: if you leave you leave your Indian identity but if you stay there is nothing to do.
All entitlement does for helplessness is perpetuate it. It is the old external locus of control versus an internal one. I was told once by a psychologist that the only help that truly is help is something that makes the person more independent.
Old 09-07-2004, 07:30 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 

Well said,Fred.I concur.

Peace,Griz
Old 09-13-2004, 06:20 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Quote:
Originally posted by Paco Sid,

Beau,

For the last time.....and I mean the last time. I DIDN'T change my user name. PACKO would not take. If David can figure out how to change it....fine. Other than that, give me a break on this crap. Don't mean nuthin'.

PACKO
David ... yah, I want out of this crap as well. If you can, please help him reset something.

.... not one word ??? in all this about the fellow Vet looking through the bowl of Jelly Bellys and saying in insult "wonder if there is any Chili Beans" ... was there a word on that ? Interesting displays of other info though ... "don't mean nothing"

MORTARDUDE: I only go on a website that has interchanges about Space Travel, the Sustainability of the Environment, the so called "paranormal", and discussions on the apparent Quantum Halographic cosmology of this current expression of the Universe ... I am only capable of minor understandings of such and only in the tying in, also, of related concepts such as Near Death Experiences, Morphogenic Resonance (ref: biologist, Rupert Sheldrake), the Zero Point Field and the like .... but in it's most fundamental form, it just helps me to grab aholdt of the possible of "Christ is all, Christ is in all ..." the idea of "phantom limbs", or the ever connectedness of, let's say, a family member to another family member ... knowing the moment of his/her death, etc. etc.

Or this quote from the Global Conciousness Project

"A human being is part of the whole, called by us "universe," a part limited in time and space. He experiences his thoughts and feeling as something separate from the rest -- a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal decisions and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.

- - Albert Einstein

So, Mortardudey ... if you believe in things such as these, as I do ... then Heaven is not a veil to cross over, so much as it may be something that passes through you at moments in life ... the bad guy is not so much a roving weirdo, but a collector of our collective thoughts and energies ... enabled by them .... Or the saint is not an isolated Bohdisatva ... but one enabled by not only his individual power, and whatever collective better angels resonate with his being.... at least thats how I think the Chili Bean farts.