The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-13-2004, 03:23 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default 6th sence

or what ever you want to call it. For a very long time in my live I could tell when something was going to happen before it happened. Not everyday stuff but stuff that mattered to me right then. No I couldn't pick ball games.
That saved my but several times in VN and countless times in the fire service.
Example, my brother has a fast boat. we were on the river one July 4th night to watch fireworks. after they were done we had to go about 10 miles on the twisty river to get to his house, it was so dark and he had no lights that we could just barley make out the shore line. we were going around a bend and I grabbed the wheel from his hand and yanked it down ward, we turned very sharp and passed a boat comming the other direction with no lights , we missed each other by about 10 inches. Brother said "how did you see that boat" I told him I didn't see it, I felt it.

Ever have any 6th sence experiances, or am I just werder than I think I am.

Ron
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2004, 03:56 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking RON

First of all, lets get one thing settled: YOU ARE WIERDER THAN YOU THINK YOU ARE . We can take a poll on this if you want .

I believe I had this in Nam. I know of several times that I "just had a feeling" that the shit was going to hit the fan, and when it did I was pretty much prepared for it; mentally anyway. I think it helped me function properly when I needed to the most. Remember, I did 23mos. without hardly a scratch worth mentioning. I think it's diminished for me through the years, though. Yours has probably stayed in pretty good working order because of you entering an equally dangerous job, facing dangerous situations on a semi-regularly basis. I hope it never fails you for as long as you need it my friend. You stay safe out there.
Old 09-13-2004, 04:20 PM

I remember my Mom saying don't go out tonight I go this feeling something terrible is going to happen. Hey guess what I got shot in the back with a 20 gauge less than 6' away. Put a hole as big as a grapefruit in my back.

After that I told Ma not to say anything any more cause I just don't wanna know.

Mom's are like that they get impressions and feelings about their kids and man they are dead nuts most of the time. I could never lie even when I tried. My wife can read me like a book too so I guess I'm just cursed - ha ha

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 06:20 PM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default I have always said I had

An Angel on my shoulder in VN, 6th sense, Same, Same. Many times while in Cambodia I would just stop and not got the way the mission was planned. Maybe it was take a different way in or pull back and wait a while. I don't know, but I lived when others did not. Most of the time I never knew if changing had any consequense or not but I do know that when your gut says don't go that way you had better change directions. I always carried a suppressed .22 in case my Khemers differed in opinion. Options and opinions were discussed but not allowed after my decision on the matter.
Old 09-14-2004, 04:44 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

The only day I really knew I was going to die , I didn't.
Old 09-14-2004, 03:15 PM
Robert J Ryan

mto that comes from the Nam and being in the bush. After you had been in country awhile, you knew when NVA or Charlie was around, and you know where he was. You could feel it in your head, and the rest of your body, you jut knew.
Old 09-14-2004, 04:22 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post I had a strange thing happen.

When I was working as a medic. I use to hop out of bed. Get dressed because I knew there was an incoming call. Just the time I'd get my shoes on the alarm would come in. Happened quite a few times. Spooky.

Keith
Old 09-16-2004, 11:03 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Default 6th sense

I had it, however I was wrong at least 50% of the time. That does not include receiving orders saying we're going into the Iron Triangle again and just knowing we were going to meet Charles, again.

However there was one night when I decided our ambush was not going out as far as we were supposed to. If we had gone that far, we probably would never have returned.

Stay healthy,
Andy