The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-07-2004, 09:15 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Show tomorrow night about the VA health system

Tomorrow night on ABC 10pm eastern there is going to be some report on some conditions in some VA hospitals.

Just wanted to pass it along.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2004, 09:39 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Thanks Melody.

Arrow>>>>

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 04-08-2004, 01:25 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Sis

Since I don't get the local channels up here in the hills, would you watch this program on the "World Class Health System" for me and then give me your honest (which you always do!!) appraisal?

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 04-08-2004, 02:05 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default As

I said before....................

Your "arrogance" is only exceeded by your "ignorance"!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 04-08-2004, 02:37 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Gimpy

Wal, golly gee, thanks for taking my inventory, now for the 87th time. Were I not such a splendid example of humility, decency, integrity, and charm, you might almost drive me to drink again.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 04-08-2004, 02:52 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default You

might like to try some different "examples" of what you IS!

Cause the four you mentioned..............you AIN'T!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Old 04-08-2004, 07:29 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Only the first 30 mins...i am disgusted beyond belief. I literally want to throw up!

I really should of posted this in the Gen Room. Guys this has nothing to do with politics really. The same crap happened during Clinton and before him. I guess it does in a way but it should be non-partisan.

I'm just so teed off.....I knew it was bad but its just so sad. The people who run these places ought to be shot.
Old 04-09-2004, 05:20 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I thought the show was well done. The lone VA apologist came across as misinformed and said time and again that folks didn't complain and if they did the problems were taken care of. The most ominous thing, which I have heard before, was that if you complain, the staff will retaliate against you. This is a problem no amount of money will solve. It is an institutional sickness. This kind of spotlight on the ills of the VA system is the only thing that will cause changes...

Larry
Old 04-09-2004, 05:44 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Yup... I did learn though how truly large the VA medical system is, that came as quite a surprise.

The one guy who would not even look at the video of conditions he was being shown really ticked me off...
Old 04-09-2004, 09:09 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Here

is what the National Commander of the Disabled American Veteterans had to say about the ABC-TV report.

###START###

Subject: Primetime Thursday Program

To: dav_list@mailmanager.net

Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 14:52:18 -0400 (EDT)

Primetime Thursday Program

Please Write to Your Local ABC Affiliate Today!

As some of you may know, ABC TV?s Primetime Thursday aired a story on April 8, 2004, reporting inadequate care at several Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) medical centers.

National Commander Alan W. Bowers has written to the Executive Producer of the program to express his outrage over these reports, as well as his disappointment that ABC chose to distort the truth of the VA health care system so outrageously. I encourage you to make your feelings known to ABC. By entering your ZIP code, you can send a prepared letter to your local ABC TV station. Alternatively, you may send your own message through ABC?s web site at ABC News.

As always, I appreciate your hard work and support.

####END####

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"