The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-27-2002, 12:50 PM

Exclamation Support Our Troops

I have started a petition...as I read all the stories and posts on here I see alot of ya'll are war Vets and know how ya'll was treated...I am a war Vet too but I dont consider Desert Storm much of a war due to we didnt finish what we started (my opinion) ..anyways they promised not to repeat what they did in Nam and other wars due to the fact they seen how it affected our men...unfortunately they are not keeping it...they are several groups that are not being rotated that have been in war zone since Sept every homecoming date they were given has been canceled with no end in sight some have been told they will stay til Dec be sent home for a week and go back for another year...it is bringing their morale down and they are getting fatigued...and it is not fair that others get their rotation and they dont...yeah yeah we are in time of war...it is their job ect ect ..I have heard it all...yeah it is their job but all jobs have their limits even defending our own country...this morning made me even angrier when I read they are cutting back 100,000 troops why all those have to lose their jobs why cant they send them in to replace all those who need a rest...on top of that they are cutting pay...it is hard enough on them as it is and now they wanna really get them where it hurts..so come on everyone let our voices be heard so there is not a repeat of Nam please sign the petition ..Thank You
www.libertyfiles.com
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2002, 02:39 PM

Default Well Marrisa

I was on the History Channel for to long, and I brought that/this subject up alot of times and didnt get very many positive replies, BUT YOUR GONNA GET ONE NOW

I agree with you about deployment for X amount of months

When I joined ( Navy ) I went to Nam on board ship for 10 months and then came back and went through E&E schooling for training to go back to Nam.

In all reality I liked it over there doing the things you are taught to do instead of the political part going on here in the states.

At that time the TOUR OF DUTY was one year vice 3 months now.

We AMERICA lost ALOT of GOOD RESPONSIBLE HUMANS OVER THERE.

This WAR we are in right now is run completely by the Big Wigs vice the Sargeants that teach the newbies/officers what they have to do to protect their asses.

Pisse4s me off every time I read a post about Desert Storm and the deal they are going through after leaving. My God that place aint nothing but flat land desert/ vice Nam ( a JUNGLE)

Does the words AGENT ORANGE ring a bell to the desert storm victims? I dont believe they needed it there, and yet the VA treats thers systems faster and more accurately then the Nam Vets or the Korea or the WW s. DAMN SHAME!!!!!

I was in Nam in total for 3 and 1/2 years, and to this date I wouldnt be afraid to go to AFGHAN to fight those chicken shi-s. At least I would know what is ahead instead of calling home for mommies suport.

I think I have said what I want to say for right now.

enough................
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote