The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-29-2002, 10:15 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question War Of The Worlds

:cd: :cd:

What a difference a decade (or two) makes! Most of those (once) Third World Nations that we helped to pull out of self-generated dung-heaps, are now challenging the big boys for domination in various categories, even political and military, with the help of the UN I might add! As a matter of fact, and as far as the Middle East is concerned, you never seem to know who is friend and who is not, and oil there is thicker than water, blood or even momentary alliances? (opinion)

For instance, in the last Gulf War, Jordan and a few other Middle Eastern States sided with Iraq (at least figuratively), and in this go-round, it seems that places like Algeria, who?s backsides we saved from the Nazi Hordes just 60 years ago, are also (at least) considering whoring around with Saddam The Slimy!? ?I wonder who will be backing who in Gulf War III??

Up on the other side of (Middle Eastern) political reality, Turkey fears a Kurd Homeland, and Russia has learned that (at least) some of the financing for terrorist activities in their neck of the woods is coming from certain well-known Arab enclaves?

Is this turning into some sort of ?International Connection? with a new deck and a fresh shuffle! Our President don?t seem to think so from that political smile that is plastered all over his face. Successful wars, after all, do make for rejuvenated popularity, even overtaking critical economic concerns! Hell, some six decades ago, another president (different party) pulled us out of the economic haggis in a similar fashion! (opinion) I once saw a poster that stated - ?ALL IS VANITY!? In reality, however, ?ALL IS POWER AND FINANCE!!?

Hey, I?m not saying that ?Ass-Hole Hussein? and a few other Wanna-Be Hitlers don?t need their ears pinned back! What I am saying is that we had damned well better learn the good guys from the bad. We have true allies worldwide, but I fear that to a few, this is naught but a marriage of convenience and that when patriotism is weighed up against power, finance and absolute control, there are a few (even here) who gleefully chose the latter!

To hell with this habitual ?Political Party Bickering!? In times of war (and this is war) self gratification (Daddy Warbucks Syndrome) must be put on the back burner - Our welfare, if not survival depends upon it!

VERITAS

Old 12-29-2002, 10:56 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default HARDCORE...

Sad, sad, sad,...though true, true, true Me Bucko, Patriot, Friend, or whatever.

In fact, I personally see nothing wrong with having such honesty and forthrightness posted in The Halls of Congress, where such is sorely lacking.
Maybe then, Our Leaders (not all fortunately) will start treating warefare differently, and/or not for political oneupsmanship, diversions, or even for TV entertainment purposes (The Political System's norm)?

Maybe also, and since your sound logic and common sense cannot be denied and is unarguable,...such might even bring some in power usually viewing the world through: "Rose Colored Glasses",...back to reality and THE REAL WORLD. Besides, isn't "Such" LONG OVERDUE?

Sure Old Buddy,...I'm just pissin-into-the-wind with my wishful thinking. But, I can hope,...can't I?

Neil
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote