The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-15-2008, 06:48 PM

Angry

Sorry 'bout that, but I am fed up with name calling as a subsititue for discourse. Enouth, dammit!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2008, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpy View Post
You STILL haven't answered my question????

Why haven't you offered any excuse(s) for John McCains PISS POOR VOTING RECORD on Veterans Issues in Congress?

I suppose it's beyond your intellectual abilities to adequately formulate any sort of comprehensible right-wing "excuse" for McCains votinf record, huh?

Could it be because...........there IS NO EXCUSE???

Just asking.

Gimp
What kind of voting record does Obama have? Has he even been on the job long enough to vote? Seems to me that the ONLY thing he's got going for him in your opinion is that he's a Democrat.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:09 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Advisor,...

Me (no doubt many others also) Thinks you're Superiorily Supremacist coming across as being
MUCH MORE than just-a-tad-bit DUPLICITOUS & HYPOCRITICAL,...to say the least.

Prefacing: "I am fed up with name calling as a substitute for discourse" with calling
Honorable Veterans: "All you Right Wing Fascists" & "Sieg Heil, Dudes",.................
most certainly proves that you (just like most other adoring & venerating Dem Hacks)
are in general QUITE HYPOCRITICAL & ENEMY GRATIFYING, SATISFYING & ENCOURAGING.
"Discourse" with you & like is actually quite Intelligence Insulting.

Besides, and specifically Oh Sanctimoniously Pius & Superior (anonymous also) One,.......
what dastardly dishonest names were you & like Leftist Phony Liberals ever called by us?

Neil
Old 06-16-2008, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconeil View Post
And a Happy Fathers Day to you & all other Sanctimonious & Political Supremacist Democrat
Hack Excusers of even most absurdly biased, & perpetual Republican/Conservative Bashers too.

Plus, thanks for repeating sensible advice about what to believe, or MOST DEFINITELY NOT.

Neil
Kinda like the kettle calling the pot black, dontcha think?
Old 06-16-2008, 07:50 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advisor View Post
Kinda like the kettle calling the pot black, dontcha think?

NO $HIT!..........

Gimp

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:32 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Murph

Quote:
Originally Posted by colmurph View Post
What kind of voting record does Obama have? Has he even been on the job long enough to vote? Seems to me that the ONLY thing he's got going for him in your opinion is that he's a Democrat.

All you had to do was ask!

First---McCains record.......then Obamas.

McCains voting record:

2006---- Senator McCain supported the interests of the Disabled American Veterans 20 percent in 2006.

2006---- In 2006 Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America gave Senator McCain a grade of D.

2006---- Senator McCain sponsored or co-sponsored 18 percent of the legislation favored by the The Retired Enlisted Association in 2006.

2005---- Senator McCain supported the interests of the Disabled American Veterans 25 percent in 2005.

2004---- Senator McCain supported the interests of the Disabled American Veterans 50 percent in 2004.

2004---- Senator McCain supported the interests of the The Retired Enlisted Association 0 percent in 2004.

2003---- Senator McCain supported the interests of the The American Legion 50 percent in 2003.

2001---- Senator McCain supported the interests of the Vietnam Veterans of America 46 percent in 2001.

1999---- Senator McCain supported the interests of the Disabled American Veterans 66 percent in 1999.

1997-1998---- Senator McCain supported the interests of the Vietnam Veterans of America 0 percent in 1997-1998.

And MORE...............

September, 2007, McCain voted against the Webb amendment that would have provided all troops in Iraq have at least as much time home and in training as in theater. (S.Amdt 2909, 2910, 2910; 9/19/2007, 5:30 pm) http://senate.gov/legislative/LIS/ro...n=1&vote=00341

May, 2006, voted against an amendment that would have provided the VA with an additional $20 million for healthcare facilities. (S.Amdt 3704; 5/4/2006, 11:34 am) http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LI...n=2&vote=00111

April, 2006, McCain was one of 13 Republicans to vote against $430 million for VA outpatient care and facilities. (S.Amdt 3642; 4/26/2006, 5:55 pm) April, 2006, McCain was one of 13 Republicans to vote against $430 million for VA outpatient care and facilities. (S.Amdt 3642; 4/26/2006, 5:55 pm) http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LI...n=2&vote=00098

March, 2006, McCain voted against increasing VA medical services funding. (S.Amdt 3007 to S.Con.Res 83; 3/14/2006, 4:22 pm) http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LI...n=2&vote=00041

March, 2004, McCain voted against establishing a VA reserve fund to treat veterans. (S.Amdt 2745 to S.Con.Res 95; 3/10/2004, 9:34 pm) http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LI...n=2&vote=00040

October, 2003, McCain voted to table an amendment by Senator Dodd (D-CN) that called for an additional $322 million in safety equipment for soldiers in Iraq. (S.Amdt. 1817 to S. 1689; 10/2/2003, 7:36 pm) http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LI...n=1&vote=00376

April, 2003, McCain voted to table a senate vote to provide more than $1 billion for National Guard and Reserve equipment in Iraq. (S.Amdt 452 to S. 762; 4/2/2003, 5:35 pm) http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LI...n=1&vote=00116

August, 2001, McCain voted against increasing the amount available for medical care for veterans by $650 million. (S.Amdt. 1218 to S.Amdt. 1214; 8/1/2001, 6:02 pm) http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LI...n=1&vote=00263

So PLEASE........ No one should try to use Senator McCain’s military record, his record of imprisonment in North Vietnam, or his level of so called “support” for our uniformed fighting men and women (past & present) in any fashion or way to demonstrate his suitability to be President of the United States.

His unvarnished Congressional Voting Record cannot be spun. It’s in all there in black and white, and available for any and all to investigate.

Now, below you will find Barack Obamas voting record on Veterans Issues

2006---- Senator Obama supported the interests of the Disabled American Veterans 80 percent in 2006.

2006---- In 2006 Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America gave Senator Obama a grade of B+.

2006---- Senator Obama sponsored or co-sponsored 12 percent of the legislation favored by the The Retired Enlisted Association in 2006.

2005---- Senator Obama supported the interests of the Disabled American Veterans 92 percent in 2005.

In the light of this information, I can see which candidate I prefer and the one most veterans SHOULD prefer, the one with the history of supporting veterans, Barack Obama, before I could EVER vote for John McCain. These roll call votes are in the Congressional Record...FOR ALL TO SEE!

The democratic candidate is far and above Senator McCain in voting for the wallet issues that affect veterans and their families. It appears Senator McCain loves veterans, just not disabled ones, they cost money. He appears to be on the wrong side of spending on nearly ALL these issues, wonder WHY?

I have always heard that the Republicans are the party that supports the troops, why don't these votes reflect that?

All any one with an IQ higher than a turnip has to do,... which will CLEARLY SHOW that Republicans DO NOT SUPPORT VETERANS..........can go and check the "voting records" of virtually all the Republicans in Congress (not every one of them, there have been a VERY few exceptions) the past 15 years or so when it comes to Veterans "issues"............this DOCUMENTED EVIDENCE, IN THE CONGRESSIONAL RECORD, and as reported by nearly ALL THE MILITARY SERICE ORGANIZTIONS (DAV, American Legion, Vietnam Veterams of America, VFW, etc, etc.) is PROOF POSTIVE that "Repubs"-----DO NOT SUPPORT MILITARY VETERANS!

Gimp

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.