The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Veterans > Veterans Benefits

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-08-2010, 04:01 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 
Default Champva

We found last week that Joanne's diabetes perscriptions would be covered by CHAMPVA. The car company cancelled my health insurance(Thank God for the VA), and this was a welcome finding. Joanne went to the doctor to get her new perscriptions and then have them filled at Rite-Aid with her CHAMPVA card.
It turns out that the CHAMPVA system has Jo's social security number wrong and since she can't find her original card we've had to apply for a replacement card. Jo's SS# is also her CHAMPVA number and they want a copy of that card. I called Social Security who advised me that if if I had internet services I should go on-line and download the application for a replacement card.
I went into the SS site and found the form and mind you Social Security didn't print the form and send it to me, I got the form off my paid by me, internet service and used my toner and my printer to print the form out at my expense. Two days later I go to my on-line banking and find that there's a $29.98 charge against our account for "7999 Easy Forms."
Today I'll drive 14 miles to deliver the application to the Social Security Office in Morrow but figure that we've helped pay for another federal government bureaucrat but hey, someone has to stimulate them and pay for the defecate errr, deficit don't they?
When the heck are we going to get back to "FOR THE PEOPLE?"

BHO, if you're trying to drive me insane, you're too late."
Sponsored Links