The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-19-2004, 08:01 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Burkett

This man has done more to restore the honor and dignity to all deserving Vietnam veterans than any other writer, politician, ro pretender, IMHO. He has never claimed to be a "combat veteran" but is a very detailed and experienced investigative writer.

Here's how Burkett is characterizedby one of our frequent contributors:

JERK
Supreme Evil Liar
treasonous villian
moron
meat head
RIGHT WING BIGOT

I suppose hoping for a more elevated level of discussion is out of the question.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2004, 09:45 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Hmmmmmmmmmm,

There you go again, misrepresenting the "FACTS"!

I didn't call him ALL of those names, just a couple of them. The "authors" of the two aritcles I posted called him the other names.

But, you know what......in the context of their writings and information each has presented, I damn sure agree with them!

I never said that SOME of what Burkett wrote about and stated was not in fact the "truth"------------just that an overwhelming amount of it was (and still IS) nothing but so much BULL$HIT!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 04-19-2004, 11:25 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Col Murph,

Thank you from the soul mate of a deceased REMFER that helped strengthen and establish new communications systems in the Republic of Vietnam 1965-66.

I can tell you there are a lot of REMFER's that are sayin'a quiet thank you Sirback channelalso.

Arrow>>>>>>

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 04-20-2004, 07:36 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Some "minor" points

By former Drill Sgt. Steve Hassna, (obviously, a world renowned 'expert' on naval operations), in talking about the Mayaguez incident:

" .... If it had been a Navy war ship that was seized, then things would have been a whole lot different. The Navy doesn't cotton to people taking over their boats, no matter who they think they are... " I wonder if this 'expert' has ever heard of the USS Pueblo hijacking, another sterling example of the military prowess of the Johnson administration.

And despite what this drill sergeant claims, study after study, fact after fact have substantiated that neither Blacks nor any other minority served in combat in disproportional numbers.

" ... This whole country, its people and all its institutions turned their backs on the returning vet from Nam. Why single out the left, when the whole country is to blame... " Perhaps the good drill sergeant, now a self-appointed sociologist, needs to go back and review factual data, and discover for the first time, that the "whole country" did not turn their backs on Vietnam veterans, but that in fact it was the leftists and their willing accomplices, the "useful idiots" as some have proclaimed, who led and directed the anti-military hatred that was directed at us veterans.

Oh well, so much for "authoritative sources".

And Sis, what colmurph said........ And confession time: after my time as a commander on the ground, I too was a REMF, better known to some who are not envious of officers as the battalion supply officer.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 04-20-2004, 08:22 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Re: Some "minor" points

Quote:
Originally posted by SuperScout

" ... This whole country, its people and all its institutions turned their backs on the returning vet from Nam. Why single out the left, when the whole country is to blame... " Perhaps the good drill sergeant, now a self-appointed sociologist, needs to go back and review factual data, and discover for the first time, that the "whole country" did not turn their backs on Vietnam veterans, but that in fact it was the leftists and their willing accomplices, the "useful idiots" as some have proclaimed, who led and directed the anti-military hatred that was directed at us veterans.

Oh well, so much for "authoritative sources".
Ya know Super, you really are livin in different world or solar system than the rest of us around here. Is your "tin foil beanie" running low on power again?

I don't know where the hell YOU were in the late 60s' the 1970s' and actually even up untill about 1982 when the Viet Nam Memorial was dedicated. But...............it must have been on a different PLANET than I was!

I can vividly recall going into several VFW, AMVETS, American Legion halls etc. during this time and being SHUNED, IGNORED, TALKED DOWN TOO, and generally made to feel like a PIECE OF HUMAN EXCREMENT for even attempting to be around these guys for Gods' sake!

All of them, to a man, no exception, voiced their strong and resounding "conservative" beliefs. And, nearly ALL of them refferd to "Nam Vets" as despicable examples of unkept, pot-smoking, traitorous, piss-poor soldiers who did nothing but "whine" and act like a bunch of "cry-babies"!

I had to fight my freakin way out of many a damn hall of those"conservative" so-called patriots on several occasions for their unrelenting assault on my brothers & sisters honor and sacrifice! There are probably STILL a goodly number of those "conservative" a$$holes walking around today that have new dental work courtesy of THIS old country boy!

No matter HOW you try and "revise" history to suit your limited view of the "facts"...................it will NOT change the TRUTH from being spoken, written about and broadcast to show how stupid and biased your "arguements" are today..............as they were THEN!

Nice try..............but it STILL ain't gonna work!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Old 04-20-2004, 08:39 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Gimpy

Do you think perhaps that your difficulty in being assimilated into society, or what may have passed as society back then, might, just might have been caused by your attitude? Are you such an expert in divining one's political beliefs that you can automatically ascertain if it was some dastardly "Conservative" that treated you so poorly? Maybe it was just some good ol' Georgia redneck that didn't like you breathing his air!

What I find so intriguing with you is how you make these claims about defending the honor and sacrifice of fellow Vietnam veterans, which is an honorable action indeed, yet you hold up John Kerry to a different standard. How is that? Didn't he insult every Vietnam veteran that ever set foot in country with his libelous and inflammatory oration? He was lying then, he has not atoned for his lies yet, and he's still without honor.

Old 04-20-2004, 11:31 AM

"Is Burkett is such a Supreme Evil Liar that his many lies can be refuted on the very face of their lack of merit. For example, he claims that , Shelby L. Stanton, was "even a disaster in training". How can that be, since Shelby L. Stanton completed Infantry officers Course and Airborne School (that means a parachutist badge for those blockheads like Burkett who don't know what soldiering is really all about) , concluded Ranger School as an average student (who never "bawled", as Burkett falsely claims), and also finished Army Special Forces officers Course in the upper third. How can this be a disaster? What a false claim from Burkett who rewrites history to Glorify War instead of telling the Truth -- that War is a Terrible Abomination of Mankind"

Just for your information. Shelby L. Stanton is listed by DOD as a 1/LT 31542 (SF Qualified Infantry Officer)

He is considered a "Poser" by most of the membership of the Special Forces Association because he has inflated his military record and did not do many of the things he has claimed to have done. You might want to check out Specialoperations.com and use the search engine to find out what folks think about Stanton, Shelby L. Burkett exposed him for padding his military records with non-existant stuff. I don't believe that Burkett ever said that he wasn't SF qualified, just that he hadn't done all the things he claimed to have done. That makes a person a "Poser" in my opinion.
Old 04-20-2004, 09:49 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Re: Gimpy

Quote:
Originally posted by SuperScout Do you think perhaps that your difficulty in being assimilated into society, or what may have passed as society back then, might, just might have been caused by your attitude? Are you such an expert in divining one's political beliefs that you can automatically ascertain if it was some dastardly "Conservative" that treated you so poorly? Maybe it was just some good ol' Georgia redneck that didn't like you breathing his air!
###
Nope, wrong AGAIN. I don't have an "attitude" problem whatsoever. I'm a virtual "teddy bear" till I get
"riled up". I didn't have any problems being "assimilated" back into society at all, I had some problems at first with what I found out later were PTSD related. Not to mention my alcohol problem. (now THAT sure as hell caused a few problems!) But, by the grace of God and Bill W's help I've been able to eliminate that problem...............ONE DAY AT A TIME! I just didn't (still don't in most cases!) put up with bull$hit when I SEE or HEAR it! AND, I know a "conservative" when I see, hear or smell one. It dosen't take a rocket scientist to figure THAT out! Soon as their "pie hole" gets ta runnin, you know soon enough!

####

What I find so intriguing with you is how you make these claims about defending the honor and sacrifice of fellow Vietnam veterans, which is an honorable action indeed, yet you hold up John Kerry to a different standard. How is that? Didn't he insult every Vietnam veteran that ever set foot in country with his libelous and inflammatory oration? He was lying then, he has not atoned for his lies yet, and he's still without honor. ###

You see, you've truly, finally, at last (well maybe) had that epiphany or revelation that I was hoping for. WE ARE DIFFERENT!

Thank God!

In one respect........you are correct, some of his "words" were insulting and certainly inflamatory. But, you see, that's where you and I part company. I WAS mad about that ...THEN! But, in my maturity and ability to gain more wisdom and utilize the "tools" I've been fortunate enough to gain these 30 odd years since that time with several avenues of assistance......to INCLUDE Bill W. and his teachings. Along with advanced education and personal development courses during my career and personal life which have allowed me to "forgive" someone their "youthful indiscretions" and "lack" of "maturity", which others apparently cannot overcome.

What I will NOT forgive..............is someone who has constantly LIED, used DECEPTION, MISREPRESENTATION and COMPLETLY IGNORED their campaign pledges to help improve health care and benefits for sick and disabled veterans in this country during THIS TIME PERIOD! Not to mention the lies he's told about just everything ELSE he "campaigned" on! Didn't Bush lie to every single Viet Nam Veteran, Korean War Veteran, Gulf War l Veteran, WWll Veterans, etc. You don't think that was an "insult" to ALL of us?? You call that HONOR? You call THAT bringing "DIGNITY" back to the Whitehouse? When do YOU suppose GW will "atone" for those "sins"?

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

Old 04-21-2004, 09:29 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Well Super???

I answered every single question you put to me in your previous post.

WHATZAMATTA don't I deserve the same from YOU? :cd: :cd: :cd:

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

Old 04-22-2004, 07:11 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

"... youthful indiscretions..."? Is that how you would characterize Hanoi Jane's behavior, which was mimicked by John Kerry? The lies, deceptions, misrepresentations etc. of his phoney testimony (which delivered under oath, makes him also guilty of perjury, another liberal fall-back mechanism) are something that maybe you can chalk up to "lack of maturity," a quaint little touchy-feely way of dealing with treasonous behavior. I doubt that the guests of the Hanoi Hilton would view Kerry's behavior with such flippancy. Is citing "youthful indiscretions" and "lack of maturity" the liberals' way of excusing the absence of personal accountability and responsibility? With the glowing reports of his heroic actions, he should have been well above and beyond the trite "youthful indiscretions" and "lack of maturity" that you are trying to whitewash.

And again, I remind you that the DVA's budget is larger than ever, and perhaps not as large as it should be, or certainly as large as you would like it to be, but larger, nevertheless. The CRSC benefit that was passed into law is not perfect either, but it a step in the right direction, a 100% improvement over what was provided before, which was zero, nada, zip, zilch. So much for "constant lying" and other egregious exaggerations.

As you admitted, Kerry's words were insulting and inflammatory, and since he has not retracted them, has not recanted, and has not apologized, these words are still insulting and inflammatory. Forgiveness, at last report, requires a forgivee and a forgiver. Since I haven't heard of Johy Kerry asking for forgiveness, then ergo, no forgiveness can be provided. It doesn't occur in a vacuum. If and when he does, (don't hold your breath out there in Reality Land), I'll reconsider.