The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2005, 08:13 AM

Question Vietnam Vets need not apply

My ex told me she put this on her computer dating profile. Said she can't deal with another one. Anybody have similar experience?

I found it curious. But I guess I understand. She always resented my contact with other vets. And I know life wasn't easy with me.
"No one has greater love than this; to lay down one's life for one's friends.". John 15:13
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2005, 08:26 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Kid

When my last ex-wife left, thinking that she was uttering the final word, I simply remarked to her, with amazing prophecy, "So many women, so little time!" If she resented your contacts with other Vietnam vets, let her run with girly men. And where is the guarantee or assertion that life is supposed to be easy? Let the gnashing of teeth begin for her!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 05-04-2005, 08:49 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Yeah, well, F^ck Her!!!

To each their own.
I guess thats why she's your ex--right?
I have run across people with this attitude in life--I just goi around them or over them.
I'm really, REALLY glad I'm a Vietnam Vet and that I did what I did. I wouldn't trade that experience for ANYTHING. And anybody who doesn't like that can micturate up the proverbial flagpole.
I have 2 exwives and I wish them well. But I don't wish I was either one of them.
I guess success is just being glad to be yourself
Stay good
James
Old 05-04-2005, 09:19 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up MK

Like James I am proud to have served in Viet Nam and honored to have fought with the best of our generation. Pretty broad brush she is painting her new life with though.Just look at the variety of vets on these forums , I don't think we could be covered with one stroke
Old 05-04-2005, 09:28 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I have to agree, and after each trip to Psyco mtn, My head is swelling with pride. For anyone in my relationship who cant accept that......Well they just need to pack up their $hit and move on ( a couple of em have)
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 05-04-2005, 09:41 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Hey, Montana Kid.....Larry's available for your ex. Tell her he's a VN Vet, but is still a virgin.

I feel like James et al does and Bob's right, after the Mtn trip I believe it even more!

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 05-04-2005, 10:04 AM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Kid...maybe we should introduce her to my latest ex, maybe they can get a girl-girl support group thingy going!!!

Keep moving brother, you are doing fine!

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 05-04-2005, 11:58 AM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 

My status as a Vietnam Vet never came into play(outwardly)in any of my first 4 marraiges because I pretty much kept that part of my life in a deep,dark hole.It wasn`t until Kati was born that I realized that an internal search and rescue of self was in order and that it was time for me to revive some distant memories in order to put my life into perspective.Her mom,#5,didn`t get it.Kati did and does.I bet she marries a vet.

Peace,Griz
Old 05-04-2005, 02:48 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Wink MK

For some, it's takes a couple or 6 times to find the right woman. I was lucky, ....got it right the first time. Put her through hell the first 9-10yrs., though. Kicking around from mill or logging job to mill or logging job from Spokane, WA, to Northern CA, back to Spokane, to Flathead Valley, MT. Drinking hard, fighting, chasing fast women,....and catching a few. Losing part of my hand in a lumber mill accident up by White Fish, MT, jerked me and my bullshit up short. Took 3yrs. to rebuild my hand as far as they could take it. Plenty of time to reflect on what I'd been puting her and the kids through. Decided to get a stable job when I could return to work. Got a job with Boise Cascade. Been with them for 25yrs.

It's only been about 5yrs. that I've been hanging out with Vietnam Vets, and that's been on these sites. Started out on the old Veteran's site over on the History Channel. You were already there when I showed up, Doc. I've made alot of friends on here through the years; some of them life-long friends. I've had the pleasure to meet several of them in person; most recently at the East Coast Campout in GA. Kath has never begrudged me having a friendship with any of them. Has participated in some of the functions. Went to Nam with James and I 2yrs. ago. I think she's recognized the good it's done me to talk about my experiences as only you can with other guys that have been there, done that. Almost never did for all those years prior. If your wife was too insecure and small to be jealous of your friendships with other vets, then James said it best,.....:F^ck Her."

Hope you're settling in to single life okay, and things are going good for you, Doc. You're close enough to consider making the next West Coast Campout. Think about it. I, for one, would love to finally meet you and shake your hand.
Old 05-04-2005, 03:54 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Griz
5 marriages!!!! Holy $hit I have a lota catchin' up to do
Bob K

God bless the ACLU