Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-06-2008, 12:57 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Talking Face GOE Again? No Way, Say the Anti-America Crowd

Face GOE Again? No Way, Say the Anti-America Crowd

Briefings Comments (16)
Eagles!
Do you ever think that we’re spinning our wheels in fighting the America-hating moonbats? Well, consider this:

A.N.S.W.E.R., MoveOn.org, and their affiliated purveyors of political puke have canceled their planned March 15th event! They are increasingly intimidated by the prospect of us and our allies confronting them in the streets wherever that might be, in Hometown, USA, or Washington, DC.

Accordingly, we will not have the “Americans Standing Up” rally in DC on the weekend of March 15th, as there will be no opposition to confront, and you KNOW we love to intimidate those misguided souls and their anti-American leaders like Cindy Sheehan and George Soros!

In a nutshell, WE ARE WINNING THE BATTLE! And we will win the war for the soul of America!

Having achieved victory through our determination to confront the moonbats on their own terms and on terrain of their choosing, we are adopting a different approach for our next event. Having heard that the moonbats are planning to protest the Iraq War during General Petraeus’ April testimony on Capitol Hill, we are challenging THEM to meet US in DC!

If they accept our challenge, we will simply have a repeat performance of March 17, 2007, and most of you remember what happened on that date!

That Gathering of Eagles (GOE I) was a watershed event in the history of American street politics in that we patriots have taken back the streets!

Make no mistake—the Left literally HATES us, and they will do what they can to thwart what we’re doing to support our military men and women and our veterans. However, their options are increasingly minimized in view of the fact that Eagles and other Americans are no longer intimidated by loud leftist voices and outrageous signs and banners.

Keep tuned, Eagles! They’ve only BEGUN to deal with people who understand what America’s all about…

Larry Bailey

Kit Lange @ January 5, 2008

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2008, 07:24 PM

Send a message via AIM to Gunner Carvo Send a message via MSN to Gunner Carvo Send a message via Yahoo to Gunner Carvo
Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Funny...

I'm a pro-war, motorcycle-riding veteran of a different generation. I'm glad they have my back against those who hate me and those who I work with daily to insure the freedoms they take advantage of daily still exist.

"Without me, the war will go on. With me, it could end." - me

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty." - JFK

"Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto."
(I bring not the rays of the sun but the thunderbolts of Jupiter)

Old 01-16-2008, 09:14 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default mmm...

I'm against war, but my reasons are not polictally motovatied. As a lot of on this site know war does things to people that changes them, and it took me over 25 years to get back some form of humantiy again. I will totally support our men and women in uniform. I will not protest this war, since the leaders of this nation sent our men and women in harms way. I will thank the men and women who served in this war, and will give them the honor and respect they deserve. Now the same leaders of this nation are trying to cut and run out of this war. Seems like no one learns lessons. Will there be another wall with names on it before they understand what they have done. Why can't the policticans who sent these brave servicemen and women to war have the guts to finish what they started.

If your going to suceed your going to have to know how to deal with failure. (Joe Torre).
Old 01-16-2008, 09:50 AM

Good points on all sides. Yet we are in it up to our necks and we've paid the price once again. We will finish the job but to whose liking - that has yet to be determined.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 01-16-2008, 01:08 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Ryan,
Pete wrote
Funny...

I'm a pro-war,

This is not a statement that he's looking for one.

He was raised not to start the fight but to finish it. He's served for 10 and just signed up for 4 more.

He made the decision in High School (or before) to serve in the military. I know this because he signed up for Jr ROTC.

Our military is still required in this world to protect & defend. This is what he does. He will take the fight to them (those who will attack us) anywhere in the world to keep the fight from our shores.

My job is to be a counter protester. No one gets to call my child a baby killer or spit on him while I can do anything about it. That is why the Gathering of Eagles is known (especially by the anti-military crowd) as a bunch of old motorcycle riding Vietnam Veterans (translate to we already know you are baby killers).

Individuals that are part of the group would like to take it further but this is
Our Mission Statement

1. Gathering of Eagles is non-partisan. While each member has his or her own political beliefs, our common love and respect for America and her heroes is what brings us together.
2. We are a non-violent, non-confrontational group. We look to defend, not attack. Our focus is guarding our memorials and their grounds.
3. We believe that the war memorials are sacred ground; as such, we will not allow them to be desecrated, used as props for political statements, or treated with anything less than the solemn and heartfelt respect they–and the heroes they honor–deserve.
4. We are wholly and forever committed to our brothers and sisters in uniform. As veterans, we understand their incredible and noble sacrifices, made of their own accord for a nation they love more than life itself. As family members, we stand by them, and as Americans, we thank God for them.
5. We believe in and would give our lives for the precious freedoms found in our Constitution. We believe that our freedom of speech is one of the greatest things our country espouses, and we absolutely hold that any American citizen has the right to express his or her approval or disapproval with any policy, law, or action of our nation and her government in a peaceful manner as afforded by the laws of our land.
6. However, we are adamantly opposed to the use of violence, vandalism, physical or verbal assaults on our veterans, and the destruction or desecration of our memorials. By defending and honoring these sacred places, we defend and honor those whose blood gave all of us the right to speak as freely as our minds think.
7. We vehemently oppose the notion that it is possible to “support the troops but not the war.” We are opposed to those groups who would claim support for the troops yet engage in behavior that is demeaning and abusive to the men and women who wear our nation’s uniform.
8. We believe in freedom at all costs, including our own lives. We served to protect the freedoms Americans enjoy, and we agree with Thomas Jefferson’s assertion that “From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of patriots and tyrants.”
9. We will accept nothing less than total, unqualified victory in the current conflict. Surrender is not an option, nor is defeat.
10. We stand to challenge any group that seeks the destruction of our nation, its founding precepts of liberty and freedom, or those who have given of themselves to secure those things for another generation. We will be silent no more.
Kit Lange @ February 15, 2007

The code pink crowd recently got shouted down in Florida by Americans from Cuba. Do you think they (the former Cubans) got the message that freedom of speech is for both sides. Code pink didn't get the message? They were very upset that they couldn't go to the neighborhood of Little Havana and protest a "Hero" with impunity.

Pete went to Kosovo on Clinton's orders. He went to the Gulf last year. He'll go to war again this year. Where he will be fighting depends on others. His friends and family have gone and some will go again.

We know that his Dad is forever changed due to his service. He spent time in VA hospitals after retirement.

Sorry Ryan, this was not a rant aimed at you but reply saying I can't really understand, know that you would not want me to really understand, and would really like to help you and others to get back some form of humantiy again.

Old 01-16-2008, 07:05 PM

Send a message via AIM to Gunner Carvo Send a message via MSN to Gunner Carvo Send a message via Yahoo to Gunner Carvo
Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Pro-war? Sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrels joy View Post
Our military is still required in this world to protect & defend. This is what he does. He will take the fight to them (those who will attack us) anywhere in the world to keep the fight from our shores.

Pete went to Kosovo on Clinton's orders. He went to the Gulf last year. He'll go to war again this year. Where he will be fighting depends on others. His friends and family have gone and some will go again.

We know that his Dad is forever changed due to his service. He spent time in VA hospitals after retirement.
I may not have had "boots on the ground", but I have received eminent danger pay twice and earned it. I've been involved in two conflicts and have noticed the slight changes in myself after both and 9-11. If I'd had a ship I probably would have gone then as well. I was waiting for my new ship to be finished being built when the planes hit. I emailed the Gunner's Mate Chief on my previous ship that was on its way to The Gulf and asked if he needed an extra set of hands. He thanked me and said they would try to handle thing without me, but he greatly appreciated the offer. I didn't write that e-mail out of hate or anger. I wrote it because I knew the men and women on the ship, and I wanted to help make sure that it came back intact with all hands onboard. Chief was a little surprised I wrote him seeing as how my first two years on that ship were not the best. I wrote back saying that was irrelevant when you're on the firing line.

A short time later, I re-enlisted for another six years. People I worked with asked me, "Why so long?" I told them there were a few reasons, one of which is the quote at the bottom of my posts: "Without me, the war will go on. With me, it could end." - me If that makes me pro-war in someone's eyes, so be it. They have the freedom to make that assumption. Someone asked me recently why I signed on for another four years. I told them, "It's not over yet."

I learned at a rather young age that I have a damn good natural aim. I didn't choose to be a Gunner's Mate. I was chosen to be by a Gunner's Mate. I out-shot all the Gunner's Mates on my first ship except the GM1 and GMC using a rifle I had never seen before while standing on the fantail of a ship moving through the water at about 12 knots which I had just gotten used to walking on without bumping into everything in the passageway on my way through. Without even walking up to the target, GM1 asked me, "What rate are you going to strike for?" When I asked why he said, "You should be a Gunner's Mate. You out-shot all my guys." Some of those men had been in the Navy for 4 years or more and knew every detail of those guns as I do now. I asked him, "What do I have to do?" A year later I was Gunner's Mate 3rd Class and damn proud. I had found the job I wanted to do in the Navy, and I was already good at part of it. Now, I teach others how to operate that rifle and all the other small arms to better the chances of our ship coming home intact with all hands onboard. I have strict orders from my parents to inflict as much damage on the enemy as necessary and to do everything in my power to come home with no extra holes or missing parts. I'm succeeded for 10 years, and I don't plan on slipping up in the next 10 years.

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty." - JFK

Old 01-16-2008, 07:21 PM

Send a message via AIM to Bill Farnie
Distinctions
VOM 

Thank you for your service Pete

It is well that war is so terrible, or we should get too fond of it. General Robert E. Lee
Old 01-16-2008, 07:21 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Thanks, Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Ryan View Post
I will totally support our men and women in uniform. I will not protest this war, since the leaders of this nation sent our men and women in harms way. I will thank the men and women who served in this war, and will give them the honor and respect they deserve.
We appreciate all the support and thanks we receive although it can catch us off-guard when someone approaches us and says it. I've been approached at home when I go out in uniform. The first time was in a fast-food restaurant by a little old woman who didn't get to the counter in time to try to buy my lunch for me. She had walked all the way up there from the back of the room to show me her appreciation. When I thanked her and told her I already paid she asked, "Then how about a hug?" I bent down and received a hug and a kiss on the cheek from a woman I had never met. She told me that she had brothers, children and grandchildren who had been in the service, and she just wanted to say thanks. I didn't know what to say.

Quote:
Now the same leaders of this nation are trying to cut and run out of this war. Seems like no one learns lessons. Will there be another wall with names on it before they understand what they have done. Why can't the policticans who sent these brave servicemen and women to war have the guts to finish what they started.
The "leaders" of this nation are elected into office. Their position on issues change all the time to try to match whatever the polls are telling them the people want so that they will stil have a job after the next election. I don't trust any of them, but I do what I'm told.

Old 01-17-2008, 01:44 PM

Gunner - you never know when you will get a Leader until it happens. Some of the leaders are instictive. The old saying - follow the leader - that has great meaning when you have the right leader. I've know and served with some good ones but I also know there are assigned leaders who I wouldn't go anywhere with.

It seems sometimes that rank and promotions are given to those without mcuh thought to their leadership. Leadership has to be reactive and done with some amount of thought. Not just a sporatic knee jerk reaction - though some of those actions can save your life.

I worry about many of those in the field today having to serve with some under developed leaders who can unknowingly - result in lost soldiers. We are all trained to do a job but its the leaders who have to make those tough decisions. Each war we fight has a new terrain and new weapons of choice. We don't fight an army any more rather is a plain clothed insurgents who live in the areas we are fighting. Think about someone coming here into our neighborhoods - we all know our nooks and crannies and where we can take advantage of those who would do us harm. Our enemy knows their layout - but we are all somewhat valunerable from the get go.

Todays Leaders (having learned some hard lessons) are those who've been there and gone through this type of conflict. Once there - they are far better than those who've never been there before.

I recall the hair on my neck sticking up on a few occasions - why is that? A sudden chill or some other thingling sensation during stressful times of uncertainty. It's an awful feeling as many can recall. After time its seems to diminish more and more. Why is that? Did you just loose your ability to be more careful? I wonder?

Scout's who survey the terrain prior to an attack - I have greatest respect for. Those guys must have something deep in their soul that allows them to be point. Yet - how many scouts have become leaders? I don't know how that works?

Leader's are always in conflict with their morals. That can sometimes interfere with decision making. We all have morals but during a war - they go somewhere else. That's a conflict for human beings and it has to be overcome to some degree to survive and do what we do best.

It's amazing how a man can become a Leader of men - and yet those in congress - who are elected by fellow human beings can't seem to lead or steer a better course of action. How can we get a President in office who has no leadershipo but got into office rather by paying their way into power. Yipes that freightening and the results we can all see today.

Gunner - this is tough subject and it isn't easily resolved. This country is in bad shape from poor Leadership and not only that it will take years to correct some critical areas that we are taking a hit for - right now. Sad isn't it.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 01-18-2008, 10:32 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Thanks, Boats

I just hope we don't end up with some new dumb ass in office because "anybody is better than the dumb ass we have now." Is he really that bad or do we just have more insight on his daily fumbles thanks to technology like the internet? Who knows. I'm sure we've had some not-so-good examples in the past that weren't as well advertised without the information super highway.