The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-25-2008, 07:52 PM

I hate to say it guys, but I'm afraid that our national anthem will be changed to "We shall overcome".
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2008, 10:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to Gunner Carvo Send a message via MSN to Gunner Carvo Send a message via Yahoo to Gunner Carvo
Distinctions
Contributor 

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrels joy View Post
Nice job of keeping the language clean
Yeah, anyway, I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire. That crap he pulled in Germany really upset me. Planning on using the wounded in a hospital to look good in the eyes of voters and turning his back on them when the media couldn't go is wrong on so many levels.

"Without me, the war will go on. With me, it could end." - me

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty." - JFK

"Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto."
(I bring not the rays of the sun but the thunderbolts of Jupiter)

Old 09-04-2008, 01:52 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally Posted by colmurph View Post
I hate to say it guys, but I'm afraid that our national anthem will be changed to "We shall overcome".
That will be over my dead body! And long before I go, there will be ample victims of that worthless effort to make that change! I haven't knowlingly killed anybody since 1970, but I still retain the skill-sets necessary to accomplish said task.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 09-04-2008, 05:29 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default I think it's time for some FACTS!

I just love to expose candidates based on their past voting record, because let's face it, we want to know where candidates REALLY stand, not just what they say. I have previously exposed John McCain's piss-poor voting record which includes his consistently anti-Veteran votes. Whatever McCain CLAIMS, his voting record shows he is not in touch with the mainstream of American veterans REAL ISSUES!

These are the FACTS...and no amount of bovine excrement can or will change that.. His choice for VP (Palin) can only be assumed to follow his "lead" for more of the "same".

While I can certainly appreciate and honor McCains military service, the "story" regarding McCain's voting record is this: there were six major votes regarding veterans/military between 2005 and 2008. On three of those votes, one of them being the GI Bill, he didn't even bother to show up to vote. On the other three, he voted NO.

Our troops have been through a tremendous amount of stress over the past six years, thanks to our current administration. It wasn't our soldiers' choice to be sent into harm's way time and time again - again, that was our Republican administrations' choice.

And how does that same administration and John McCain THANK their troops for their service?

By denying them benefits? Necessary equipment to be safe while in theater? Proper and professional medical attention, not just for the physical wounds, but for the mental as well? This administration AND John McCain has grossly failed to stand up for our soldiers when the time came. McCain will only continue this disappointing and embarrassing pattern of neglect as evidenced by his voting record.

Another four years? No thank you.

Senator Biden supported the interests of the Disabled American Veterans 75 percent in 2006, 92 percent in 2005, 100 percent in 2004. In 2006 Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America gave Senator Biden a grade of B+ (well above the D-C average for the Republicans in Congress). Senator Biden supported the interests of the Non Commissioned Officers Association 100 percent in 2003 and 100 percent in 2002. His record of supporting the interests and improvements in benefits for sick and disabled veterans goes back twenty years and more and is far superior to John McCains and the majority of any other republican in the senate.

Listed below you will find the voting record "scorecard" as reported by the Disabled American Veterans for McCain and Biden for the last three sessions of Congress. It's obvious as the nose on your face WHICH of these two candidates REALLY SUPPORT VETERANS!

U.S. Senate
109th Congress, Second Session

John McCain (R-AZ) - - - + - 20%

Joseph Biden (D-DE) - NV + + + 75%

U.S. Senate
109th Congress, First Session

John McCain (R-AZ) - - N + NV NV - + - - - - + - 25%

Joseph Biden (D-DE) + + Y + + + + + + + + + + + 92%

U.S. Senate
108th Congress, Second Session

John McCain (R-AZ) - - + 33%

Joseph Biden (D-DE) + + + 100%

And those my friends are the FACTS!

Gimp

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:22 PM

Gimpy, the DAV is an orginazation driven by the lust for "Free Money". Instead of Disabled American Veterans it should be called Democratic American Veterans. I'm eligible to be a member but I refused to join because I didn't like their political agenda that was evidenced by them in 1969. I'll bet that if the Federal Government held to the same standards that Private Industry does, that over half of those collecting 100% Disability would be jailed for fraud. How many 100% disabled vets hold full time jobs? How many of them work for the government?
Old 09-04-2008, 07:27 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Smile Well Gimp,...

...This is all not about just us anymore, it's about everyone, and I don't see Obama as being able to tie his shoes in a crisis,...

...Just have to cancel out your vote,and hope my glorious words inspire some more to keep the faith in those that have would not change horses in mid stream,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 09-04-2008, 09:30 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Curtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEATJERKER View Post

...This is all not about just us anymore, it's about everyone, and I don't see Obama as being able to tie his shoes in a crisis,...

...Just have to cancel out your vote,and hope my glorious words inspire some more to keep the faith in those that have would not change horses in mid stream,...

You're right, it's not "just about us". But, in fact..... about ALL of us!.... Every American. What makes you so sure that McCain won't abandon "all of us" just like he did "us vets"?

He voted with George Bush's "agenda" more than NINETY PERCENT (90%) of the time these past eight years. That's really worked out well for "all of us" these past eight years, huh? Look how GREAT the economy, housing, bankruptcies, medical costs, gasoline and energy costs, unemployment, plant closings, layoffs, etc. etc. have been going these past eight years. You want more of that? Thanks, but NO THANKS!

Not only that, but by a great margin, Senator McCain has missed more votes than any other senator these past two sessions, even more than Senator Tim Johnson, who was struck by a near fatal aneurism and was many months recovering.

And when it came to the Webb Amendment (new GI Bill) that would bring to today's veterans greater parity with the benefits their grandfathers secured, McCain didn't even bother to show up to vote. Rather, while he stood back, he even loudly raised his voice up against the bill.

Lofty words and boasts about how he will "change" the Bush agenda mean absolutely nothing. Nothing! They are, in fact, the most crass of all conceivable insults. His "record" of supporting nearly ALL of the Bush administrations policy clearly shows just where his true nature really is.

But in addition to all this, this Republican candidate for the presidency of the United States of America has chosen to disdainfully slap the face of nearly every man and woman in America's military, and every veteran of it. He has scorned all his brethren, and should hang his head in shame.

There are many (especially on the right, and I don't mean you) who point to the "so-called" deficiencies of Senator Obama, as an effort to deflect attention from senator McCains' awful record. Whatever the Illinois' senator's defects, raising them are indefensible in comparison, and are without the first hint of relevance to even the introductory indictments accosting John McCain, for his repeated displays of contempt and disdain for those who serve and have served in the uniform of our country. .

By McCain's scorning of those of us who have served, those who now serve, and especially in scorning those who have most recently served, I too feel deeply scorned and dismayed that McCain is the republicans' "choice" for president..

If he's the best they have to offer, the republicans are in DEEP TROUBLE!

Gimp

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Old 09-04-2008, 10:00 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Murph

Quote:
Originally Posted by colmurph View Post
Gimpy, the DAV is an orginazation driven by the lust for "Free Money". Instead of Disabled American Veterans it should be called Democratic American Veterans. I'm eligible to be a member but I refused to join because I didn't like their political agenda that was evidenced by them in 1969. I'll bet that if the Federal Government held to the same standards that Private Industry does, that over half of those collecting 100% Disability would be jailed for fraud. How many 100% disabled vets hold full time jobs? How many of them work for the government?

I'm a life member of the Disabled American Veterans. I joined back in 1970 and I AM a 100% permanent & total disabled Vietnam, combat-wounded veteran.

"Free money" my country boy ASS!...........I EARNED every damn penny I get from the VA and I can assure you that probably 99% of every OTHER disabled veteran did also!

Once again you show us all how warped and biased your ridiculous mind set really is.

For all these years the DAV has been right out there when it comes to championing veterans' rights and needs and have done more to help sick and disabled veterans than any other service organization in history. But, beyond that, they (along with many other veterans service organizations like the Vietnam Veterans of America, the Retired Enlisted Assocation, and many others) have established a way for ALL veterans to evaluate their elected officials performance with regards to voting on issues (legislation) concerning the benefits and health care provided by the Federal government.

Every year, the DAV publishes a list of how each member of the House and Senate voted on legislation considered necessary in order to adequately care for our all this nations veterans, and also the soldiers on active duty, especially those now in harm's way in Iraq and Afghanistan. And, over the past ten years or more when I've checked these "lists", I was just absolutely flabbergasted.

I would have expected, given the Republicans' loud noises about supporting the troops and claiming that they care for America's veterans, that they do, in fact, put their money where their lying, corrupt mouths are. I would have thought that this would be the one area where Republicans and Democrats agree on most things. Wow, was I an idiot. And evidently so are YOU if you really believe that Repubs "support veterans"!

The DAV rates each member of Congress from 0 – 100 on supporting "the interests of American veterans." Zero is complete crap, one hundred is, well the BEST.

I look down the DAV's list of Republicans every year to check their ratings on veterans issues...... and I was overcome with revulsion for many, many years now!

This is the DAV for crying out loud, they have NO POLITICAL AGENDA, and they are informing us that when it comes to caring for American veterans, John McCain along with a majority of his republican counterparts are a total sellout to his brothers and sisters!

Anyone who can't see this is either blind as a bat or just to damned stupid to comprehend it.

Gimp

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

Old 09-04-2008, 10:10 PM

Send a message via AIM to Gunner Carvo Send a message via MSN to Gunner Carvo Send a message via Yahoo to Gunner Carvo
Distinctions
Contributor 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpy View Post

U.S. Senate
109th Congress, Second Session

John McCain (R-AZ) - - - + - 20%

Joseph Biden (D-DE) - NV + + + 75%

U.S. Senate
109th Congress, First Session

John McCain (R-AZ) - - N + NV NV - + - - - - + - 25%

Joseph Biden (D-DE) + + Y + + + + + + + + + + + 92%

U.S. Senate
108th Congress, Second Session

John McCain (R-AZ) - - + 33%

Joseph Biden (D-DE) + + + 100%

And those my friends are the FACTS!

Gimp
Looks to me like Biden is on a more accelerated decline of support.

As an active duty member of the world's greatest Navy that's currently spread around the world (that's what we do), I'd rather work for a man who has worn the uniform, SALUTED/SALUTES the American flag, goes to see the troops, not just get pictures and videos taken with them, picked a bad-ass Hockey Mom for his VP (who happens to be quite attractive for her age), and he comes from a family of Naval Officers including 4-Star Admirals.

"Without me, the war will go on. With me, it could end." - me

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty." - JFK

"Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto."
(I bring not the rays of the sun but the thunderbolts of Jupiter)

Old 09-04-2008, 10:37 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Your

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner Carvo View Post
Looks to me like Biden is on a more accelerated decline of support.

As an active duty member of the world's greatest Navy that's currently spread around the world (that's what we do), I'd rather work for a man who has worn the uniform, SALUTED/SALUTES the American flag, goes to see the troops, not just get pictures and videos taken with them, picked a bad-ass Hockey Mom for his VP (who happens to be quite attractive for her age), and he comes from a family of Naval Officers including 4-Star Admirals.

inability grasp of the obvious "decline" in support of veterans from John McCain is obviously affecting your ability to comprehend the difference between:

100% (Biden) and 33% (McCain),

92% (Biden) and 25% (McCain),

75% (Biden) and 20% (McCain)

What IS it about you right-wingers that continually indicates your "math" skills are so poor?

DO THE MATH!

Even though Bidens "support" numbers may have "declined", McCains has "declined" at a higher "percentage rate" than has Bidens. And, I'll take 75% over 20% ANY DAY OF THE YEAR!

Gimp

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"