The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-13-2018, 04:46 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question Confusion

12-13-2018

Trying to keep a potential enemy confused is one thing, but when you attempt to constantly befuddle 310,000,000 people, and then use them to confuse all of the rest of Planet Earth, you had better believe that you are going to screw-up somewhere along the line! And for the record, all of the hair dressers, haberdashers, linguists, university degrees, finances and political egoists in the world, are never going to create a fool-proof society, no matter how hard you may try!

And for the record, and contrary to your research, I am not a follower, nor am I a toady! I say what is on my own mind, and there is not any room in my head to constantly entertain the demands of others and this, regardless of who they are crawling into the sack with?

I am not a pack animal, and I have more than enough trouble in always following my own drummer. And also for the record, I know many of the old tricks as I have been kicking around for nearly eight decades now. So it is also worthy of note to say that my mistakes are usually of my own making alone, but they do not obliterate half the world’s population, and of course, I am no genius, seer, or even sage! Nor do I have a cadre of university educated pimps to guide my every step or to take the blame for my every screw up! And once again for the record - I do answer all of my own letters, show concern for the troubles of others, and am a patriot, at least as far as I am concerned!!

I am but one aging citizen however, and I make more than enough mistakes to go around the block twice! But above all, I am always me and I do not maintain a bank of computers to gage and correct my every move, thought, and usually flawed action! I am, however, as I have said before, but one of some 310 million Americans, and I am rapidly approaching the eighty-year mark. But no matter how long I manage to survive, there are many thing that can never be extricated from my being – “I am an American, I am proud, I think for myself, I have an independent mind, I will not be manipulated, pushed or even controlled on any level and I am not a follower of anything or anyone that I do not believe in!

I do, however, totally believe in my nation, our history, my family and the concept that this country of ours is infinite, noble in ideals and a guiding light, not only for our own people, but indeed for, the whole of humanity to emulate and for all times to come! And this again, is our destiny, our earned right and our God-given responsibility to the Almighty, our progeny, and to the coming ages themselves!

VERITAS INFINITUM
Hardcore
Old 12-14-2018, 09:28 AM

Default Amen HC

Your are truly an American in Heart and Soul - You are a Veteran Brother to all those who have served and no one can take that away from you.

Your words are wisdom and have true meaning - that is plenty enough for anyone. You've done your best and you can't ask for more. Your not a follower rather a leader with experience to back up your words for all to see.

Your the truest form of an American. As for myself - I too am a Veteran and a good listener and continue to learn each day of my life. Though I sometimes get outside the box which is natural for me. As we know our paths in life are not straight they weave a pattern based on personality and experience.

We all start on a path when conceived at birth. The moment we open our eyes we see light - from there on we hear - and what we hear starts the ball rolling. Our parents do their best - up to a point - after which our own conceptions begin to generate our own ideas of the world around us.

We learn to read - and we see what's going around. Life from this point on begins to form who we will be and what we will become. Life is not easy path we learn that pretty quick. Our surroundings and exposure to different people are sometimes difficult to adapt to. Our morals kick in and then the outside influence begins to provide additional input of which we all try to manage & understand. In school we try to fit in as best we can some more than others seem to gain an edge. Many express dominance over others - whereas most kick back and see how they fit in. There are always leaders and followers and those in the middle must be careful not to exceed those issues that lead us down paths of no return.

Many go to college (if funds are available) some can't even finish school to which other avenues of difficulty kick in. Some turn to crime depending on the neighborhood your born into. Others will try to find their purpose in life. Which we all know is difficult as most of us are dreamers and conceive big things but find they never come to fruition.

Some of us want to leave home for adventure or want to just get out of the current circumstances they are exposed to. Some can't fit in and become isolated or intraverted to some degree. Many are follower's - weaker in mind only they are easily swayed by the more dominants around them.

Those of us who can't go to college (me for one) decided the neighborhood I was in was no longer what it once was and I went into the service. My Mother didn't like the idea but I was going anywhere I was at. VN had been on the news and many of the guys I knew were going into the service. I decided to enlist (which was the best thing for me at that time) - regardless of the issues of the day. Draft dodging was big then and those with money and parents found ways for many to stay out of the service.

Boot camp was an experience I think many of us were unaware of. Many were drafted and had a real case of the ass about having to serve. But all and all after awhile they began to see the light. My relatives all served from WWI - WWII & Korea. Several other guys in my old neighborhood also enlisted - some were guys I went to school with. Some were neighbors (George - KIA), Kath's Brother Jimmy (later died of AO)and of course my brother Larry (he also later died of AO).

As time went by and I was on my 2nd VN tour - I heard George was killed in VN plus three other guys I knew in the neighborhood were KIA as well. My brother Larry ended up in the Balboa hospital and later got a medical discharge. We lost several guys I knew they were killed during also KIA - plus many were wounded. The years were flying by (first six then 12 years) where did all that time go?

I was going to reup for my 3rd time but I had a gal back home I didn't want to lose. I pulled the plug and married by best friends (Jimmy's) old girlfriend (My Kathleen). 53 years we've been married now - we have two daughters (Heather & Tiffany) and they had three grandkids.

My life had its ups and downs for the next 20 years my work kept me on the road and out of the country much of the time. Kath was left to raise the kids and handle all the choirs and bills as they came in. A little over 5' and tough as nails. Her Italian temper is something but she is also a great cook and can handle money. I called her my minister of finance. I got an allowance each month and still do to this very day.

Kath as some of you know isn't doing well. She has an incurable disease which has impacted her nervous system. No cure. She's 94 lbs. now and has difficulties 24/7 of which has also affected her mental status from all the issues and knowing there is no cure isn't what she wants to here. She say's she just want to die and it breaks my heart to hear that and also watch her slowly degrade year after year. But for some reason we manage day after day and she is doing her very best under these circumstances. Its taken a toll on me as well as there isn't a damn thing I can do for her. Went to three major hospitals (Mayo is one) and to other ones in Chicago tell us the same thing - incurable!. Nine different doctors in many disciplines have looked at here same results.

She will be 70 this June. I'll be 73 shortly.

But in short HC you are good man - you have a swell wife - and you've done the best you can and more. You've made many friends and your words are wisdom for all to learn from.
You and I love our Country - as do all those who've served and died from the issues of the day. We all agree to disagree on many things but we are America's Always.

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote