The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Veterans > Retired Military

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-06-2006, 06:08 AM

Send a message via AIM to SlAyErPaTh Send a message via Yahoo to SlAyErPaTh
Default Can anyone clarify what regiment my grandfathr was in?

Can anyone clarify what regiment my grandfather was in? His name is Robert Edward Rosecrans, he a retired veteran of Vietnam War. His rank was a Master Gunnery Sergeant, and the division he was in is the 101st Airborne and he served with Special Forces. He said he was in Charlie Company in the 101st, but I don't know which regiment. He said he also did over 300 hundred jumps aswell. So any veterans or historian can find info on what regiment, it would be some big help.
Old 02-06-2006, 11:00 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Did he retire from the Army ? Do you know what years he served ? Have you posted anything on the 101st web site ? Is he still alive ? Good Luck.

Larry
Old 02-06-2006, 12:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to SlAyErPaTh Send a message via Yahoo to SlAyErPaTh

He is still alive, he did retire from the army and I think he served from 1965-68 I think. The problem is that he always busy and the time he calls is only on holidays.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlAyErPaTh View Post
Can anyone clarify what regiment my grandfather was in? His name is Robert Edward Rosecrans, he a retired veteran of Vietnam War. His rank was a Master Gunnery Sergeant, and the division he was in is the 101st Airborne and he served with Special Forces. He said he was in Charlie Company in the 101st, but I don't know which regiment. He said he also did over 300 hundred jumps aswell. So any veterans or historian can find info on what regiment, it would be some big help.
No such thing as a "Master Gunnery Sgt" in the Army....that's a Marine corps rank.
Kind of hard to get 300 jumps with the 101st. since at the time of the Vietnam War they were no longer Airborne but were Air-Mobile.

There is one Robert E. Rosecrans listed in the Army Data Base. He was a 76Z50 which is supply sgt. His rank was E-7.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote