Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > International > NATO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-03-2022, 11:22 AM

Thumbs up Finland May Join NATO Quickly, No Referendum - & maybe Sweden as well

Finland May Join NATO Quickly, No Referendum - & maybe Sweden as well
By: Eric Mack of News Max - 04-03-22
Re: https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/fi...03/id/1064096/

Photo link: https://www.newsmax.com/CMSPages/Get...axsidesize=600
Finland's Prime Minister Sanna Marin talks to the press as she arrives for the second day of a European Union (EU) summit at the EU Headquarters, in Brussels on March 25, 2022. (Ludovic Marin/AFP via Getty Images)

Russia's invasion of Ukraine has opened Finland's eyes to the urgent need to join NATO quickly this spring, without a referendum, according to Prime Minister Sanna Marin on Saturday.

"Russia is not the neighbor we thought it was," Marin told Social Democratic Party (SDP) delegates in Helsinki, according to Finnish broadcasting company YLE, urging Finland to decide to seek NATO membership "thoroughly but quickly" this spring.

"If the president or I voiced strong opinions on the issue, it would be the end of the debate," Marin added. "I believe it's very important that all of Finland's most central institutions are involved in the ongoing debate."

Marin added there were going to be consequences regardless of whether it stayed out of NATO or entered into it. Russia's Vladimir Putin has warned of Finland and Sweden entering NATO, but the invasion of Ukraine ultimately might put Finland's sovereignty at risk anyway.

Marin has not seen any opposition to Finland joining NATO among member countries, according to the report.

The Helsinki gathering Saturday among SDP delegates was called to form the party position on NATO membership, YLE reported.

Related stores on line only:

* Bill Donohue: Finland Eludes Charges of a Fascist Nation
* Neutral Finland, Sweden Warm to Idea of NATO Membership
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Personal note: It's to their advantage as you never know Russia's
game plans after Ukraine. Insecurity causes panic so better to be
safe than sorry later. NATO is good World Club to be a Member
of. My Grandfather on my mothers side was a Swede and his
with was French. On my Dad's side they were all Italians.
Hence - I'm a sptiz combination of a European motherlands.
However I born stateside - an American in the making - at birth.
-

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links