The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-06-2002, 09:11 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question Person Of Interest Indeed?!

?PERSON OF INTEREST INDEED?!?

Has Steven J. Hatfill, a former researcher at LSU, fallen under the ?Justice Department?s Gun of Witch-Huntery?? The Department of Justice, a possible candidate for assimilation by ?Der Homeland Security?, ordered ?Louisiana State University? not to use Hatfill on projects funded by grants from that agency! ?Will they please let us in on what they were basing this action upon??

Is Hatfill a test case to determine if a few ?Highly Placed Zealots? can turn their venom
inward against U.S. citizens (the Novel 1984), much as was done at the beginning of World War II with Americans of Japanese descent? Or does the government have some solid evidence that led them to utilize life and career-destroying rhetoric and tactics? And what is going to stop these attackers, or any other powerful entity in the future, from utilizing hate and/or suspicion alone to further some vested agenda? Have we re-written
our binding guidelines of democracy and republicanism to include - ?Guilty by reason of
suspicion??

If the government has a ?GENUINE? case against Hatfill, then by all means pursue it, but ?DO NOT? attack and (literally) destroy our own people for reasons that violate every concept of Americanism!! McCarthyism, after all, was not acceptable a half century ago, why then should it witness a re-birth at this particular point in time? Was it not, after all, this brand of ?Cold War Paranoia? that led to experimentation upon our own (and by our own) in the period between 1955 and 1967, and even many years before that (Tuskegee Project - 1937)?!

Naturally, 9/11 has eroded trust, but should this erosion turn neighbor against neighbor, friend against friend, and brother against brother?! And is this not the goal of those despotic foreign regimes that seek to attack us from within using our own fears and distrust? ?Be vigilant (and prepared), but not a vigilante!?

Granted, ?Genuine Enemies of the State? do exist, some highly placed at that (opinion)! But make damned sure that we are not replacing ?Patriotism and Constitutional Rights? (including Free speech) with something that slithered forth from the Dark Side! ?A Right Ceded May In Fact, Never Be Recaptured!?

And most of all, do not hang (damaging) labels upon people without (absolute) proof of what you are contending! This is (IN FACT) not only a violation of the Constitution, but indeed, also a violation of the ?Ninth Commandment of God!? Oops, excuse me - I forgot that God too is under attack by a few who feel that He has no place within our system or our sacred documentation? ?The Separation of Church and State, and all of that good stuff!??

Granted again, religion can sometimes become overpowering within some systems of government! It did during the Inquisition, the Crusades, and even now within certain bastions of the Middle-East! But many a basic tenet of said religious fervor makes perfect sense to me. After all, and just think about it, without the Ten Commandments, and a Sensible System of Laws, what kind of a society would we have - the word ?Anarchy? definitely comes to mind! But as a wise man once said: ?Most things are fine when taken in moderation?, and there ain?t a damned thing about Homeland Security that even suggests that moderation is in their book of rules!

?Who, pray tell, dictates to a god, even one with a (vague) possibility of becoming an all-powerful demon!?

VERITAS :cd:
Old 09-06-2002, 10:18 AM

When we got "Homeland Security" we started down the long slippery slope towards slavery and opression. We are losing our freedom because of all the folks who will not take responsibility for their own safety and want to be "Protected" by the Government. They don't want anyone else to be able to protect themselves either (gun control) and eventually none of us will have the means to overthrow a Government which will become intolerable. Since 9/11 we have lost a lot of ground that we fought so hard for over the last 226 years.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 01:27 PM

Thumbs up Col Murph

I agree with you 100%. We're being moved toward what any self-sustaining system wants. Unarmed and at the mercy of those who supposedly devote their life to "Public Service". With arms your a citizen-unarmed your a subject. I was a child during the 50's at the hieght of the RED SCARE and McCartyism but I read a lot and this is beginning to look like the government is using 9/11 as an excuse to put a private agenda into place. Secret Tribunals, military used to hold detainees. One thing that caught my attention in the so-called Patriot Bill, was the fact that exactly what a terrorist consisted of was never expressed,so if your a problem there are ways to make you a terrorist. I love my country,but I fear my government. :cd:
Old 09-06-2002, 01:52 PM

Col murph
Sir for once what you say I agree with you and grunt, I've been saying this for a couple of months and at times Ive felt like I was in the woods screaming my fool head off and no one would listen.
But with a AG.like Ashcroft and sometimes it's like he's making up laws as he gose along but thats just the way I see things, right now it's them and we the people and we are losing, almost afraid to write anything down and brand me as unamerican or something.
razz
from my cold dead hand
Old 09-06-2002, 03:55 PM

Send a message via AIM to vetgirl

COLMURPH
(irish guy) I am with you. GW has taken away more than most would want to admit. Someone on TV said "I't the nuts they give you on the airplane that makes you vote for GW." DON"T EAT NUTS! Still am vigelant.

thank you very much
me
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote